Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Brodix says the max bore and stroke on their 4.5 block is 4.25 x 4.5. That results in 510 cubic inches.

A guy isn't winning in the slick because he has a huge engine, even in these days of max down force.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    A guy isn't winning in the slick because he has a huge engine, even in these days of max down force.
    Exactly, if these people would pay attention they’d see after qualifying almost every Lucas team has the carb off choking the motor down. RTJ is fast cause he has the most stuck car, if everyone else would drive in the corner as hard as he does they’d be leaving on a rollback

Exactly. Even in the state we are in now, 700 HP can win most Lucas features. The problem is, it won't get you in the show, let alone starting in those first 2 rows.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

There is no tire saving with him. I watched him throw sliders the entire feature at Portsmouth but they didn’t look like sliders, just blast the bottom, never change lanes, never stopped digging……nothing. Car was clearly driving off the RR while everyone else looked smooth and straight with the nose down.

I guess the new tire loves the abuse. Which explains why he and Bobby are all of a sudden winning races

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    I seen where Bobby Pierce was selling a 480 cubic Inch Engine, and was told he is now running a 522 Cubic Inch.

RTJ may of found some sort of advantage here, these Engines have changed wildly in the last few years.

522 Cubes could produced well over a 1000 hp, but where is the TQ curve etc.

Crazy how things have changed.
    Remember the time when a 377 was the hot ticket. Then the car owners whined about tacky tracks being too hard on everything. Que the dry slick tracks. I find the cu. in. numbers above very hard to believe. Especially when GM's 525 is pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed competitive a lot of nights.

I hear ya MBR, but Im thinking there is a reason they are using these Large Cube engines.

Are they lowering the RPM, and TQ curve then ? Its probably a combo of choking it off and the cubic inches working together better to produce a smoother curve.

A few years ago 430s was the norm, and MAX.

I know in Mods, a 13 Degree engine on pump gas is the Hot combo, pump gas to smooth it out and make it drivable.
    Last edited by Kromulous; 10-09-2023 at 02:45 PM.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Remember the time when a 377 was the hot ticket. Then the car owners whined about tacky tracks being too hard on everything. Que the dry slick tracks. I find the cu. in. numbers above very hard to believe. Especially when GM's 525 is pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed competitive a lot of nights.
    There are quite a few monsters out there now. They can use it to qualify, then they choke it down.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    I hear ya MBR, but Im thinking there is a reason they are using these Large Cube engines.

Are they lowering the RPM, and TQ curve then ? Its probably a combo of choking it off and the cubic inches working together better to produce a smoother curve.

A few years ago 430s was the norm, and MAX.

I know in Mods, a 13 Degree engine on pump gas is the Hot combo, pump gas to smooth it out and make it drivable.
    There's still a lot of 23 degree engines winning big mod races.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

And Clements builds a pretty good piece, whether it's Thorton or others. In a year's time, they win gobs of races around the country.

HTF has a 465? Randy Clarey SB2 in the back-up car. Think they've only run 3 or 4 features with it. Joseph says it's a good smooth engine. No complaints. Now they have a fresh 430ish (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens in primary, getting replaced with a brand new Clements and a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens freshened/updated Draime as a back-up. Not sure what will happen with the SB2 when they eventually pull it. Think they said Clarey had some ideas/parts and would like to test them.

I was hoping they'd get a new Horn for the Clements and send the newest car down the road. It's never been the same since Overton plowed into it at Eldora. No fault deal.