Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    84wedge are you saying RTJ and his 22 wins(in Lucas alone) vs everyone in 2023 isnt impressive? this isnt "1 good season" , this is the best season ever by almost all metrics. only the little whiner 32p is even close. this year is better than any of supermans, overtons, t macs, pierce, bloomer, moyer, moran, swartz, purvis, inmon, phillips, farmer, owens, pearson jr, marlar, boggs, duvall, etc....its the best season ever and its not over. and tho i dont like him the little whiner is having a great season as well that might be the 2nd best season ever. I respect and know LM history and i cant think of a season better than RTJ is having. Davenport last year was great but i dont think he was this dominant.
    It’s not the best season ever. Sure he may have the most Lucas wins in a season but his biggest wins are the PDC, Knoxville, and the Firecracker. There are guys who had more and bigger crown jewel wins in a season. He really needed one of the Eldora biggies or the north south 100. Still very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Driver dominating a season is of course nothing new. The only thing that really gets my attention this year is how the car is good but often not great at the beginning of the race, but then comes on like gang busters the second half. The team has found something that other teams have not concerning that.

That is impressive.

Brownstown was a great example of this. Hudson passes him and takes control of the race. Whoops, the last few laps he comes back and it is not even a race to the finish.
    He sandbags a lot of times. He's often toying with them. He doesn't show what he's got the whole race, just as Davenport didn't in 2015. If you study the lap times, he picks up a bunch when he has to have it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Ever notice liars assume everybody else is lying too? Or people who cheat convince themselves everyone else is cheating too. It could just be he has a yet un-named Kevin Rumley type dude thats massaging his car or maybe he himself is tweaking things to work better for himself. It use to be that the good guys did their own things to the cars to get an advantage, nowadays it seems everyone wants or needs the manufacturer to tell them what to do, unable to think for themselves or just too lazy or afraid to do for themselves. Having said that, streaks happen and at some point they end or in more stupid scenario's the sanctioning body kneejerk reacts and start throwing out DA rules that hurt everyone, like a coke snorting politician looking for votes. I don't think 95% of the peeps running/working at these sanction even understand racing. It must be like that old maxim about teachers, "Those who can, do. The rest teach." Well in racing its, "Those who can, do. The rest write rule books."
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

84wedge are you saying RTJ and his 22 wins(in Lucas alone) vs everyone in 2023 isnt impressive? this isnt "1 good season" , this is the best season ever by almost all metrics. only the little whiner 32p is even close. this year is better than any of supermans, overtons, t macs, pierce, bloomer, moyer, moran, swartz, purvis, inmon, phillips, farmer, owens, pearson jr, marlar, boggs, duvall, etc....its the best season ever and its not over. and tho i dont like him the little whiner is having a great season as well that might be the 2nd best season ever. I respect and know LM history and i cant think of a season better than RTJ is having. Davenport last year was great but i dont think he was this dominant.
    Of course it's impressive. So was the one year Jimmy Owens was super fast, then he won almost nothing the year after. Being fast and dominant season after season is far more rare don't you think?Regardless, it's a lot of fun to watch a car that is on another level, like watching Usain Bolt race against some guy off the street.

if they found something, good for them. no doubt he is a racer with exceptional talent. it always takes the perfect mixture of driver, team, and equipment to be successful.

ever wonder if there was some mediocre race team that had a technological discovery that would have worked miracles if someone else was using it?

don't know what they have going but is is extraordinary. hope it continues. and it should make you appreaciate what moyer and bloomquist did year after year after year.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

"What the hell does he have?"

TALENT and a big set of cahoonas!

Burroughs is the new Rumley/Gadget man!

Perhaps a chemical engineer!

Heard 1 rumor that there is some modified technology applied to it, using a pullbar. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    ever wonder if there was some mediocre race team that had a technological discovery that would have worked miracles if someone else was using it?
    I don't wonder because I know it happens. Some of the smartest people in dirt late model racing have a real job. Going Lucas racing is too hard and financially unrewarding.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

He is a top shelf driver but his car out handles everybody like tonight you could tell JD was skating bad trying to hold the lead and Thornton’s car you could basically point it anywhere you wanted and it went there to diamond corners like he was doing and nobody else could it has to be digging that’s not driver that is car set up

RTJ has the most feel in his butt pure and simple. he did the same thing in mods. HES THAT GOOD.
    Obviously you are clinically insane…NOBODY has ever been that dominant on a national tour….NOBODY!

They’ve figured out exactly what RTJ wants in a car. Are there some setup “tricks” in play to make that happen? Of course. Will he continue this level of dominance in 2024? Probably not.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Burroughs is the new Rumley/Gadget man!Perhaps a chemical engineer!
    Lol and 3 years ago everybody on here was saying he was a terrible crew cheif.

I never heard of Burroughs before this year. I think RTJ is one very intelligent racer who knows where to place his race car on the track. He knows how hard to press the gas pedal when needed and how to ease into the gas pedal. He has to be a real quick thinker when coming upon lapped cars. In conclusion, I am saying RTJ is smarter on the race track than his competitors. To adapt to a late model in such a short time and become so dominant is unheard of with so many fast race cars today.

What ever they have figured out Bobby Pierces team has as well. DTWC is going to be great when they both show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I never heard of Burroughs before this year. I think RTJ is one very intelligent racer who knows where to place his race car on the track. He knows how hard to press the gas pedal when needed and how to ease into the gas pedal. He has to be a real quick thinker when coming upon lapped cars. In conclusion, I am saying RTJ is smarter on the race track than his competitors. To adapt to a late model in such a short time and become so dominant is unheard of with so many fast race cars today.
    I heard people calling him Wrecky Thornton just a year ago. It's amazing how quickly he got smooth and wise. 😏
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I heard people calling him Wrecky Thornton just a year ago. It's amazing how quickly he got smooth and wise. 
    i dont remember what started wrecky thornton but i know it was a joke. dude sold alot of wrecky t shirts.

He's probably just that good when seated in a car with excellent setup. Last I looked, none of those cars are equipped with cruise control.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    He's probably just that good when seated in a car with excellent setup. Last I looked, none of those cars are equipped with cruise control.
    Or some kind of traction control.🤫🤔

ok I can tell yall what it is....ITS THE RR TIRE TEMP the 49 has had a bad probb all year backing up 76 also,I dont think 20 rt gets faster during race but other cars drop off more ...this happens when your rr tire gets hot did you see davenport keep running harder and harder got loser and into the wall. it could be a thousand diff things but the bottom line is rr tire temp....32 car has this figured out too...I have some very good ideas but dont want to say...