Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    The team with the best record in football or baseball doesn't always win the Super Bowl or World Series. Whats the difference? I like the idea of the format, but think it could use some tweaking.
    Stick and ball have unbalanced schedules. Playoffs are the only way to put best on best. Fortunately for racing , you compete with everyone, every week. There is zero reason to do a playoff unless your goal is artificial competition.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    The best payout format would have been to pay the 6 survivors that were still rolling after 100 laps. Split the $ amongst those 6.
    That would make too much sense ! !

Or a sinkhole opens up in turn 3, swallow up the field except for Johny Huck and he goes on to win.
    A shirtless victory lane celebration would have ensued for sure

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Stick and ball have unbalanced schedules. Playoffs are the only way to put best on best. Fortunately for racing , you compete with everyone, every week. There is zero reason to do a playoff unless your goal is artificial competition.
    I get what you're saying. Lets take the WoO championship for example, its been decided for a few races, now the guys go to Charlotte already knowing who the champion is, other than $$ and a few spots to be gained or lost, where is the excitement? IMO Lucas thought outside of the box, created a ton of publicity, and excitement to see who the champion would be. Yes, the track conditions were unfavorable for such an event, but they had to deal with it. To me, if it was left the old way with Ricky having a 530 point lead the DTWC and Lucas championship would have been lesser.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    I get what you're saying. Lets take the WoO championship for example, its been decided for a few races, now the guys go to Charlotte already knowing who the champion is, other than $$ and a few spots to be gained or lost, where is the excitement? IMO Lucas thought outside of the box, created a ton of publicity, and excitement to see who the champion would be. Yes, the track conditions were unfavorable for such an event, but they had to deal with it. To me, if it was left the old way with Ricky having a 530 point lead the DTWC and Lucas championship would have been lesser.
    I don't see the problem in the championship being decided before the final race. Why should the points be reset for amusement purposes only? Is the race not entertaining enough? Is the average fan counting points when they watch a woo show in July?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

i don't believe the change in format created any extra interest in the sport. Sure it created a lot of buzz here. and it gave the announcers something to talk about for the last few weeks. but i didn't see dirt late models being talked about outside of the normal outlets.

would like to see the 4m discussion when the format was announced.

i don't like the format. never did. never will.

RTJ: need some shirts featuring the point standings prior to the DTWC.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

I don't see the problem in the championship being decided before the final race. Why should the points be reset for amusement purposes only? Is the race not entertaining enough? Is the average fan counting points when they watch a woo show in July?
    Some people don't believe in others being able to keep what they earn. Sadly, it's the world we live in.

I'm not a fan of this format either. But... I seem to remember most of the teams singing the tune that their all professionals doing this for the money so the fact that they were all gonna make more money with this format was all that mattered and that's why they all said yes to it. Not one lucas team said they didn't like it and jumped ship. You can't say it did nothing for generating interest hell it got Overton to run lucas despite his success the past few seasons doing otherwise. As for the race it was a total (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)show as I've come to expect from the dtwc. It apparently doesn't matter where it's held lol. Where else can we race in Ohio during the rainy season

i think the top 4 in points should all start with zero points with 4 races to go, and the driver with most points after 4 races wins the championship

☝️☝️☝️ I'm w you on this format. Good call
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Thumbs up

You are right it is only common sense ! ! We have had enough of GIMMICK racing while watching the ruination of NASKY ! !

Default He’d still have found a way to lose

Or a sinkhole opens up in turn 3, swallow up the field except for Johny Huck and he goes on to win.
    With as big of a train wreck that he was he still would’ve found a way to choke it away to lose if he was only car

He started out Saturday in very confusing fashion actually being able to get out his own way but Sunday was a different story. including in non qualifier race pulling off and getting out of his gear then convincing them to let him put it all back on and go back out on track nearly effecting the finish
    Last edited by crazyt; 10-24-2023 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Quote didn’t link

Question

^ Maybe he was " TRIPPIN " ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Devin Moran told us if we don't like the format, go find another hobby or something. Thanks Devin. The format sucks. Now to see what other hobby is available...
    Well, 🖐see ya later.bye bye. Don't let the door hit ya where the lord split ya.
    8/13/16

Well, see ya later.bye bye. Don't let the door hit ya where the lord split ya.
    What a jerk you are. Of course, that is not news. I was being sarcastic. It's almost ironic that a fellow makes comments like you do, and would bring the good lord into it.

For the record I don't appreciate Moran's comment at all, and that is my option. Like the promoter that says if you don't like it, leave. Great way to run off fans. But Moran won't keep me from being a dirt late model fan.

Default Tmacs new car isn’t even a actual lonnghorn

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    T-MACS new car is working better but not where it needs to be. He still finishes 5th in points.
    Tmacs new car isn’t even a longhorn by longhorn it’s a longhorn by wp

What a jerk you are. Of course, that is not news. I was being sarcastic. It's almost ironic that a fellow makes comments like you do, and would bring the good lord into it.

For the record I don't appreciate Moran's comment at all, and that is my option. Like the promoter that says if you don't like it, leave. Great way to run off fans. But Moran won't keep me from being a dirt late model fan.
    No need to get mad. Just wanted to be the first to say goodbye before you left.
    If it was sarcasm, you forgot the universal sarcasm symbol.
    8/13/16

You maybe shouldn't talk too hh25 like that... She gets upset easily, lol...

Default Crazy post #36

Yea that was new to Timmy but it was actually one of the #93 cars w Timmy's metal on it. I should have been more specific
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

What a jerk you are. Of course, that is not news. I was being sarcastic. It's almost ironic that a fellow makes comments like you do, and would bring the good lord into it. For the record I don't appreciate Moran's comment at all, and that is my option. Like the promoter that says if you don't like it, leave. Great way to run off fans. But Moran won't keep me from being a dirt late model fan.
    Don't respond to HH. She hasn't been the same since her boyfriend broke up with her. She just sits in her bedroom blasting Taylor Swift and cusses people out online.