Default Mark Miner To Wheel Vaden Chevrolet Modified At Rome, GA On Oct. 7

CARTERSVILLE, GA – A Georgia racing legend will return to the Peach State on October 7 to compete in the Open Wheel Modified Division at Rome Speedway in Rome, GA. Mark Miner, formerly of Stockbridge, GA and now living in Fenton, MO, will drive the Mike Vaughn Racing Vaden Chevrolet Special.

The car will have Miner’s traditional number 7 on it’s doors with longtime sponsor Wren’s Body Shop also displayed on the machine. It will be Miner’s second appearance driving the Vaden Chevrolet Special, as he opened the 2023 racing season with a win in the Winter Freeze at Screven Motor Speedway in Sylvania, GA on February 3 after coming out of a five-year retirement.

Miner was a force to be reckoned with in both dirt and asphalt late models during the 1980s and 1990s after moving from Fenton, MO to Stockbridge, GA in 1982. Miner worked with and drove for some of the top competitors of the day that are now enshrined in the National Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame.

His career highlights include a Southern All-Star Dirt Late Model Series Championship in 1996, and a Lavonia (GA) Speedway Late Model Championship in 1991 on asphalt with 13 wins in the season. He moved back to Missouri in 1999 and continued his winning ways racing UMP Modifieds in the St. Louis area before he retired from competition in 2017.

With all the race wins and championships Miner has on his impressive racing resume, there is one accomplishment that is missing and that is a victory at one of his favorite dirt tracks, Rome Speedway.

“Rome Speedway is a fun place to race at,” Miner said. “I have run pretty good at Rome Speedway in the past with several Fast Time Awards and second-place finishes, but I have never won a race there. I know Mike Vaughn has a pretty good race car, and it is an unexpected pleasure that he called me to drive the Vaden Chevrolet Modified to have an opportunity to race for that Rome Speedway win.”

Miner said he has been staying busy enjoying life and having fun spending time with his family after semi-retiring from running his successful towing business in the St. Louis, MO area. Miner has also done limited racing since his Winter Freeze win in the Vaden Chevrolet Modified in February.

“I haven’t been in a race car since February when I drove the Vaden Chevrolet Modified, but I know Mike Vaughn and his crew chief Don Jenkins will give me a race car capable of winning,” Miner said. “The only racing I’ve done is hanging out with my good friend Ken Schrader for a few races. I’m looking forward to getting back to Rome Speedway and seeing my Georgia friends and fans. I have lots of good memories at Rome Speedway.”

The Chevrolet Performance 602 engine in the Mike Vaughn Racing Modified Sportsman race car came right out of the crate from Vaden Chevrolet in Savannah, GA ready for competition. For more information or to place an order with free next day delivery anywhere in the Southeast, call Rick Freeman at Vaden Chevrolet at 833-823-3678.

The Vaden Chevrolet Open-Wheel Modified is also sponsored by Chevrolet Performance, Hoosier Racing Tires, KRC Power Steering, David Smith Carburetors, Federated Auto Parts, Gresham Race Parts, Schoenfeld Headers, Bert Transmissions, Wren’s Body Shop, and Mike Vaughn’s Auto Exchange.

Interesting !