Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That's the idea and the biggest problem we have, IMO.
    I have to agree with you on the aero being a problem.

What about Tires any changes there?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I have to agree with you on the aero being a problem.

What about Tires any changes there?
    I'm not even going to go there. Continental came in and made cost control and price increases. I don't know enough about tire manufacturing to get into the weeds on that. The new tires suck, but we are stuck. We are a business in Chicago that just has to pay the protection fee when Vinny shows up with his baseball bat .
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Fair enough..........

It wouldn't even look significantly different from the stands. It would race much better. Why the hate?
    Because I personally like the cars the way they are, I have no problem with how they drive.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    Because I personally like the cars the way they are, I have no problem with how they drive.
    I thought you were worried about the looks? You like cars drifting up in front of you and you lose the nose? I'm confused.

I can appreciate it's easier to drive when no one is around you, but not being able to pass and being wrecked by air are unacceptable to me.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 10-03-2023 at 05:14 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

When I started racing late models, you could race the track, instead of the car in front of you, all the way up until you would hit the car ahead of you. Then you could alter your line and work to creep by on entry or exit. Now, you can spend 4 laps reeling a guy in, he alters his entry by 6", you wash up the track and lose the 5 car lengths you worked to gain. It's worse than going to work at a real job.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

http://www.brandonkinzer.com/0614.html

This is from 2006. Not a dang thing wrong with how the cars looked back then and no where near the aero issues we have right now. Plus, you could still take a smaller engine package and be competitive against bigger(more expensive) engines. It's rare these days to be able to do that. I was looking at some pics from as recent as 2013-14 and even back then the bodies weren't as jacked up as they are now.

I thought you were worried about the looks? You like cars drifting up in front of you and you lose the nose? I'm confused.

I can appreciate it's easier to drive when no one is around you, but not being able to pass and being wrecked by air are unacceptable to me.
    Yeah I like how my car looks and I like how it drives. Actually I love when cars drift up in front of me because that gives me an opening to pass. My car is usually good on the bottom and I can rotate well where others can't.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    Yeah I like how my car looks and I like how it drives. Actually I love when cars drift up in front of me because that gives me an opening to pass. My car is usually good on the bottom and I can rotate well where others can't.
    We are in the same boat, but if the bottom is blocked, we are living dangerously in the middle to the top. You are a wake away from wrecking and constantly losing ground. I'd like to use the whole track.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

It all really got going in 2011, Barry Wright put the 'drop deck' stuff out. The cars were not good as the body wasn't modified (nor was the suspension) to take advantage of what they did. Barry actually wanted the cars back before we had even raced them to get it straightened out (Barry and family are some of my all time favorite people in racing). Others took what Barry started and we are where we are. Hard to put the genie back in the bottle(and everyone is scared to try); poor guys would have to move the fuel cells, learn to run a shear and actually read a tape measure! Funny thing is Steve Francis was driving the Barry Wright cars that started it all....

Droop rule gone. Decking flat in all directions. Driver side body not above decking. 3" convex bow returned to the roof. No splitter on the nose. 36" static deck height. 4" spoiler. Right side body squared off rr wheel with a fixture that runs forward and backwards from center of rr hub. No part of body can be more than 1" further away from fixture than the closest point.

That's a good start.
    Can we make handmade bodies great again?

MasterSbilt_Racer, Thank you for taking the time and answering mine and others questions and discussions. Its much appreciated.

lurker

It’s not like the current cars are pretty either. The right front sticks way up in the air and the passenger side looks like they’ve been t-boned by a truck.