Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Droop and MasterSbilt_Racer Q and A

How do you measure droop precisely off of the rear spoiler/rear deck when the spoiler/rear deck is knocked off or bent? Example is JD tonight at the Pittsburger.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    How do you measure droop precisely off of the rear spoiler/rear deck when the spoiler/rear deck is knocked off or bent? Example is JD tonight at the Pittsburger.

Thanks in advance.
    The measurement is taken 6" to the right of the lr quarterpanel. That point is usually not disturbed because of the breakaway rr part of the spoiler and t bar. If they think that location is moved, I guess they can do whatever they choose, as is often the case.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

How are they cheating this measurement thing, cause the cars look more jacked up than ever when they're on the gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    How are they cheating this measurement thing, cause the cars look more jacked up than ever when they're on the gas.
    They aren't cheating. The rule is short sighted, as is the norm in our sport.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The rule in no way simulates one-track suspension movement and has more holes than a piece of swiss cheese. Since they made a horrible rule against droop, teams worked to get more droop. As you say, they are higher than ever.

My car would fail by 5 or 6 inches a year ago. Once I needed to pass, I had to buy a new shock and cut and weld on the frame. Didn't change a thing that affected on track droop.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They aren't cheating. The rule is short sighted, as is the norm in our sport.

I'm curious since you have good knowledge of the sport and chassis. What rules would you like to see changed or removed from the current set of rules?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I'm curious since you have good knowledge of the sport and chassis. What rules would you like to see changed or removed from the current set of rules?
    Droop rule gone. Decking flat in all directions. Driver side body not above decking. 3" convex bow returned to the roof. No splitter on the nose. 36" static deck height. 4" spoiler. Right side body squared off rr wheel with a fixture that runs forward and backwards from center of rr hub. No part of body can be more than 1" further away from fixture than the closest point.

That's a good start.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

If they think that location is moved, I guess they can do whatever they choose, as is often the case.
    One of the stupidest things ever in the sport of DLM racing.

Droop rule gone. Decking flat in all directions. Driver side body not above decking. 3" convex bow returned to the roof. No splitter on the nose. 36" static deck height. 4" spoiler. Right side body squared off rr wheel with a fixture that runs forward and backwards from center of rr hub. No part of body can be more than 1" further away from fixture than the closest point.

That's a good start.
    I'm guessing this would help address the aero problem?

Was there any aero issues that we're seeing today happening 10 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    The issues have always been their per say but what's going on is the more "aero efficient " a car becomes the more it suffers from changes in the air. So when a Car has the aero efficiency of a brick it doesn't matter if the air gets disturbed because it's doing very little for the cars handling in the first place. Take a aero efficient car and disturb the air and it might lose half of its grip (handling). Hopefully that makes sense lol

I love your ideas on the bodies MasterSbilt_Racer. I think that would be a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    10 years ago, maybe a little longer, is when I first started seeing it affect the racing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

That's the idea and the biggest problem we have, IMO.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    The issues have always been their per say but what's going on is the more "aero efficient " a car becomes the more it suffers from changes in the air. So when a Car has the aero efficiency of a brick it doesn't matter if the air gets disturbed because it's doing very little for the cars handling in the first place. Take a aero efficient car and disturb the air and it might lose half of its grip (handling). Hopefully that makes sense lol
    Hence JD going right into the wall when RTJ passed him in the corner at the Pittsburgher

The bodies just need to be straight, flat and symmetrical with a 36” deck height. Checked with a level and a tape measure. It it fails any of the measurements, tough sh*t go fix it.

It wouldn’t even significantly change the look of the cars to the people in the stands. Would also make life way easier for the graphics guys.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

That's a good start.
    So back to the ugly cars of yesteryear. no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    Who cares how ugly they are as long as they race better.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    It wouldn't even look significantly different from the stands. It would race much better. Why the hate?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I've found much pleasure, in the ugly ones...