Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb 84% of Lucas Oil races were won from the first two rows

80% of Lucas Oil races were won by Longhorn chassis. 18% of Lucas Oil races were won by Rocket Chassis with the house car winning 55% of those.

I’d be more interested in those stats if you give me WoO and Lucas after removing pierce and rtj. Those two seem to be able to pass.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    80% of Lucas Oil races were won by Longhorn chassis. 18% of Lucas Oil races were won by Rocket Chassis with the house car winning 55% of those.
    I have it as 61% won from the front row for Lucas Oil in 2023, 44% for the Outlaws

Lucas Oil Stats...
    http://sprintcarratings.com/SeriesSt...px?Series=LOLM

World of Outlaw LM Stats...
    http://sprintcarratings.com/SeriesSt...x?Series=WoOLM
    Last edited by BillV99; 10-03-2023 at 01:28 PM.

Well, if they want to tweak rules and make things more exciting for the viewer, maybe they can start looking at the fact there's almost no passing rather than giving someone 1000 points behind the opportunity to be champion.

Quote Originally Posted by BillV99 View Post
    I have it as 61% won from the front row for Lucas Oil in 2023, 47% for the OutlawsLucas Oil Stats...http://sprintcarratings.com/SeriesSt...px?Series=LOLMWorld of Outlaw LM Stats...http://sprintcarratings.com/SeriesSt...x?Series=WoOLM
    Thanks for this, I didn't know it existed. Davenport has 11 wins this year and only one starting outside the first two rows. O'Neil has 13 wins and only 2 starting outside the first two rows.

in bobbys 12 WoO wins 5 were from the front row

It seems like the first two rows are pretty much the front row, especially if you're inside row two. That car almost always goes low on the start and is in second by the time they get to the line and usually situated for a slider for the lead. Who says you can't win a race in the first corner anymore?
    Last edited by 84wedge; 10-03-2023 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    It seems like the first two rows are pretty much the front row, especially if you're inside row two. That car almost always goes low on the start and is in second buy the time they get to the line, and usually situated for a slider for the lead. Who says you can't win a race in the first corner anymore?
    clean air is king...cars are aero dominate

This is awful but is expected

The North South plan was much better in my opinion. Or at least have a redraw from the top 8. Or at least the top six. I am surprised that only 61 percent were won from the first row. Of course RTJ often starts further back, and then passes showing it can be done. Make the racing more exciting. N/S was a great race.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    The North South plan was much better in my opinion. Or at least have a redraw from the top 8. Or at least the top six. I am surprised that only 61 percent were won from the first row. Of course RTJ often starts further back, and then passes showing it can be done. Make the racing more exciting. N/S was a great race.
    Yes, if you are a half second or 6 tenths better than the field, you can pass. That's a high bar.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

78% of WoO races were won from the first two rows.

Thanks to user BillV99 and his stat page (linked above on post 3), all but 4 of Lucas Oils 51 races were won from the first 4 rows and all but 2 of WoO 36 races were won from the first 4 rows.

If the fast qualifiers start up front, then what kind of results do you expect?
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If the fast qualifiers start up front, then what kind of results do you expect?
    It's different conditions, you'd expect some comers and goers when things change.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

21 of RTJ’s 25 victories came from starting in the first 2 rows. His other 4 wins he started 6th, 7th, 7th and 8th.

Never expected Pierce to have more Lucas wins than Moran, T Mac, and Overton.
    8/13/16

Pierce’s 3 Lucas wins were from 8th, 10th and 13th.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Never expected Pierce to have more Lucas wins than Moran, T Mac, and Overton.
    I believe that it was not any surprise to me! !

I'd be interested in seeing some stats like this from the 90s/2000s so we could really compare. While I was just a young boy in the 90s, I sure do remember a lot of races back then also being won from the first 2 rows at my local tracks.