Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    I miss read your comment sorry. Idk you were referring to pennsboro. Thanks for correcting

It will likely return to what is was before they decided to bring it back to life... An overgrown field. Its to big, to hard on motors and is like polishing a turd in its current configuration. In this economy its diagnosis is terminal.

so lucas will have the first week in june open now. Wonder who gets those dates

The track has always ate cars. From the day it opened in the 80s.

The attempt to shorten it was not good. Turned three was not properly bank and through cars into the wall. Additionally, they shortened the wrong turn because half the front straight seating was outside of the track.

I think the place is only worth of land that sits on. Nobody is going to make a dime off that track in the long run
    Last edited by Fast Wheels; 10-10-2023 at 09:16 PM.

Didn't hit that monster Powerball last night so I'm still a no go. That place would make for a nice tax deduction every year cause I'm sure you could easily show monetary losses.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Didn't hit that monster Powerball last night so I'm still a no go. That place would make for a nice tax deduction every year cause I'm sure you could easily show monetary losses.
    I'd rather just not lose money
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky44 View Post
    so lucas will have the first week in june open now. Wonder who gets those dates
    Probably nobody since everyone needs two weeks to prepare for the Dream.

This place will grow over before it's sold unless someone like Brandon Kinzer buys it for a tax write-off.

I can't image the work and cost it would take to get the property ready for residential or commercial development. New entrances, fixing the lower area that floods when it sprinkles, moving the dirt to dismantle the track area and dealing with the cemetery by the press box.

Quote Originally Posted by ready2rd View Post
    i feel like WVMS will be sold before Pennsboro is finished .How is the process going at pennsboro.
    The thing is a cash grab anyways. Who sells tickets and camping for a track that isn't even built yet? If it is even finished, it'll be larger than the dome...but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    The thing is a cash grab anyways. Who sells tickets and camping for a track that isn't even built yet? If it is even finished, it'll be larger than the dome...but not by much.
    The track itself is actually coming along rather quick now that they have started.

Still think a new owner/promoter could make a go of it at WVMS and be sucessful. Just fly out to Davenport Speedway, take measurements, and build a replica track inside the big 5th's. The facilities are top notch and the infastructue is in place. In all honesty, $1.2 Million is not a bad price for 66 acres in today's world.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Still think a new owner/promoter could make a go of it at WVMS and be sucessful. Just fly out to Davenport Speedway, take measurements, and build a replica track inside the big 5th's. The facilities are top notch and the infastructue is in place. In all honesty, $1.2 Million is not a bad price for 66 acres in today's world.
    coping Davenport would be a waste theirs far more factors that make a track race well other than the shape and banking. The dirt and the weather play huge rolls. And WV just doesn't have the same kinda dirt. Frankly if you exclude the 50% our less of the time that tyler county is good I can't think. Of a track in WV that currently races well on a weekly basis. And that is not meant to be a negative comment towards any of the tracks or promoters its just the facts and no one thing or persons fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    coping Davenport would be a waste theirs far more factors that make a track race well other than the shape and banking. The dirt and the weather play huge rolls. And WV just doesn't have the same kinda dirt. Frankly if you exclude the 50% our less of the time that tyler county is good I can't think. Of a track in WV that currently races well on a weekly basis. And that is not meant to be a negative comment towards any of the tracks or promoters its just the facts and no one thing or persons fault.
    Tyler County doesn't race like it did between 2006-2012. That's when all the hype started around it, however it still races better than 80 percent of dirt tracks in the united states.

Beckley and Ohio Valley Speedway both put on above average racing.

Elkins is the only weekly track in the state that does not produce passing.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 10-10-2023 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    There may be NO racing at Davenport Ia. Speedway in 2024 after the Fairborad ran off the promoter and major sponsor.