Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert Holman

Default Robert Holman

I just listened to the latest eposode of The Dirt Reporters podcast and they announced that Robert has been let go from Dirt on Dirt. Very disappointed to hear this news. He was by far the best one on the podcasts and I have enjoyed his writing over the years. Wish him the best and hope he can stay involved in Dirt Late Model racing.
    Last edited by BTExpress; 10-11-2023 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I just listened to the latest eposode of The Dirt Reporters podcast and they announced that Robert has been let go from Dirt on Dirt. Very disappointed to hear this news. He was by far the best one on the podcasts and I have enjoyed his writing over the years. Wish him the best and hope he can stay involved in Dirt Late Model racing.
    I never listened to the podcasts, but I wasn't a fan of his articles.

Never listened to the podcast but some of his thoughts on fast talk were out there, or simply incorrect.

That last blog made no sense. I agreed 100% with what he had to say about the current LOLM points championship thing though.
    Last edited by 84wedge; 10-11-2023 at 02:53 PM.

I guess because he didn't agree with the points system in place ???I think if they were gonna let one go it would be Kyle Mcfadden. I can listen to that guy for10 minutes and can't tell what he said after he's done.

listened to the podcast this morning and was disappointed to hear that. might be my age but i found myself agreeing with him most of the time.

will probably never know the details but the timing seemed odd to me.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    listened to the podcast this morning and was disappointed to hear that. might be my age but i found myself agreeing with him most of the time.will probably never know the details but the timing seemed odd to me.
    Flo let go of a lot of people.

Ever since Rigsby sold DoD it has gone down hill big time. He is Mr. corporate America now and is chasing the money and stabbing everyone who helped him get to where he is now. He wont even return a email now a days.

Waiting for Essex to pop his head in and tell everyone they're wrong without elaborating on it.

good luck holman

I listen to the podcast every week obviously Kevin Kovac is top shelf but I can’t believe Robert Holman is gone and Derek Kessinger and Kyle McFadden are both still there, neither of them bring anything to the table

I always liked his takes on things. He was the only that could explain certain things about the cars because he was hands on with a car from time to time.

Couldn’t agree on the kessinger part Midirtfan, but Kyle does a great job writing stories. Derek just does a couple interviews with the same few guys every year.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I always liked his takes on things. He was the only that could explain certain things about the cars because he was hands on with a car from time to time.
    He had some hands on experience and was in it to have a good time, while being a budget racer. There is no room for those guys anymore.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

DoD has gone down significantly since they sold, dirt reporters is a hard listen most times especially since joiner left as host

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Waiting for Essex to pop his head in and tell everyone they're wrong without elaborating on it.
    Well, he has forgotten more than you'll ever know so he's got that goin for himself.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky44 View Post
    Ever since Rigsby sold DoD it has gone down hill big time. He is Mr. corporate America now and is chasing the money and stabbing everyone who helped him get to where he is now. He wont even return a email now a days.
    none of my emails get returned either

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    I guess because he didn't agree with the points system in place ???
    He wasn't alone in not agreeing with the format. When I read their thoughts, I was surprised at how many were not a fan of it.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth32 View Post
    none of my emails get returned either
    I cannot for the life of me understand why he wouldn't... L!

Ironically, Robert has been really getting on my nerves lately. He was referring way too much about his own racing with his stepbrother. I've been to the track when his stepbrother is racing and have never seen him race competitively. I think that's why he was campaigning for a better payoff throughout the field. Listening to Kyle McFadden is like scratching my fingernails on a chalkboard. Yea, No....Yea, No...Yea, no. I do think he rights great articles, but not so much on a podcast. And Derrick better thank his lucky stars that he has known the right individual at the right time. He won't always be there for him. Kevin Kovac is the goat in our sport. Give as much of him that I can get!