Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    HTF are YouTube/Patreon funded.
    I thought they were funded by the Langenfelder dude out of Maryland? He seems to buy the chassis and motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    I thought they were funded by the Langenfelder dude out of Maryland? He seems to buy the chassis and motors.
    Sure, him too. YouTube got them out of their real jobs, so they could race all the time.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Langenfelder is the "sugar daddy". Great to see this work for them. Being able to make a living at this is rare, but they have pulled it off. They are a smart bunch of hard working young men. In today's world, that's also rare. Hope this partnership and the YouTube deal carries them through for many years...

If you think its bad in SLM Racing, go look into any type of Grand Prix racing, all the way up to Indy 500.

You ever wonder how an Exec of Sony's kid ends up in an Indy Car and then dies? Well its $$, if you got enough you can walk up and buy you a ride. Of course you can do that nowadays on dirt as well.

Most Race Teams in SLM areana are a tax write off for a successful Buisness in another area. Towing and Trucking seem very popular.
    Last edited by Kromulous; 10-16-2023 at 09:07 AM.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    If you think its bad in SLM Racing, go look into any type of Grand Prix racing, all the way up to Indy 500.

You ever wonder how an Exec of Sony's kid ends up in an Indy Car and then dies? Well its $$, if you got enough you can walk up and buy you a ride. Of course you can do that nowadays on dirt as well.

Most Race Teams in SLM areana are a tax write off for a successful Buisness in another area. Towing and Trucking seem very popular.

Endurance racing has rules that actually require amateurs with money in certain classes. LMP3, for instance, is chock full of dentists and lawyers who like cars. LMP2 requires that at least one of the drivers be an amateur. The GT classes in both IMSA and WEC also require one or more amateurs in each car.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 10-16-2023 at 01:41 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

My 30,000 foot observation…..
    Most are making money in this sport (sanctions, tracks, stream providers, chassis builders, part manufacturers and suppliers) EXCEPT the racers. Whether its Nascar, WoO, Lucas or a local racer, the love for the sport has them spending far more than then any fiscally responsible person would. It’s the equivalent to someone driving a brand new Corvette on minimum wage. Thankfully sponsors and merch help offset a portion of costs. What the fix is I don’t know, charging fans more would be the easy way out, but not sure is the best route with streaming options now. The system is indeed broken, its been broken for a long time, and only appears to be getting worse.
    If tracks are making money, why are so many closing? Many do make money off the big shows. But the smaller shows and weekly races are a struggle for most.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    HTF are YouTube/Patreon funded.
    Yep, plus a sponsor/benefactor aka sugardaddy. I will say they have done a good job parlaying their tube success into a business outside the tube/patreon stuff to include their own series. To me I see them as only an "ok" reality show/podcast that sells merch and also races. I don't see them as a serious raceteam on the same level as Bloomquist, Moyer, Purvis or any of the other great racers. IMHO at this point they have better equipment than they can legitimately use.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    To me I see them as only an "ok" reality show/podcast that sells merch and also races. IMHO at this point they have better equipment than they can legitimately use.
    The Dirt Cardashians.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    If tracks are making money, why are so many closing? Many do make money off the big shows. But the smaller shows and weekly races are a struggle for most.
    In some cases, the land the tracks sit on become too valuable to say no to when someone wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    most tracks make their money on the concessions...the front gate and back gates pay the bills

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    most tracks make their money on the concessions...the front gate and back gates pay the bills
    Man! A fella can learn a lot from you Billy the kid whoops I meant to say pierceFAN. My bad lol!

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    There are only a few tracks I know of and have been to where concessions are given the thought ,execution and planning they deserve…..most tracks underperform with that aspect.

I’m sure I’ll get blistered for the comment, and I’m also sure that everyone’s home track has the best hot dog, French fries or bbq sandwich etc.…..but for every great concession experience I’ve had at a track I’ve had 10 others that were barely edible or wouldn’t be ordered ever again.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    In some cases, the land the tracks sit on become too valuable to say no to when someone wants it.
    It just happened to Devil's Bowl in Texas.

I'm not specifically referring to the facebook post that this is all about, but it always makes me scratch my head when race people, who are overwhelmingly "earn what you get" type conservative people, start bellyaching about their desire to spread the wealth a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    The Dirt Cardashians.
    Winner Winner

Default 10

The Dirt Cardashians.
    So true. really have no clue what they are doing racing wise, but doing well at marketing and YouTube views.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Question

The Dirt Cardashians.
    ^ All azz and no brains ? ? ^

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    So true. really have no clue what they are doing racing wise, but doing well at marketing and YouTube views.
    how many world 100s have you been in?

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    He's a perfect 1 made for 1 attempt. Not that doing something in a car is the qualifications for knowing someone doesn't know a subject matter.

I guarantee I could lower their lap times, and I can't drive worth a crap.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    The old "lets see you do better". I've never flown a helicopter, but if I saw one in a tree, I could still know the pilot f#cked up

The old "lets see you do better". I've never flown a helicopter, but if I saw one in a tree, I could still know the pilot f#cked up
    And that would be an assumption on your part. Many things could have put that helicopter in that tree that the pilot had no control over.