Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: weather DTWC

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Say it again
    Ok. Port Royal may be the best track in the entire country.

Those nose pieces and front bumpers are a big part of the problem. I wish Lucas Oil would just mandate a reasonable minimum nose height. Maybe 20 inches or so, or whatever it takes to keep them from hitting the ground and getting bent back on a rough track. And mandate that the nose has to be level, plus or minus one inch. That would also reduce the aero dependency, and give us better racing in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver50x View Post
    Those nose pieces and front bumpers are a big part of the problem. I wish Lucas Oil would just mandate a reasonable minimum nose height. Maybe 20 inches or so, or whatever it takes to keep them from hitting the ground and getting bent back on a rough track. And mandate that the nose has to be level, plus or minus one inch. That would also reduce the aero dependency, and give us better racing in my opinion.
    You could mandate 35", and they would be on the ground again, within a year or so, as long as the rest of the car was still an aero machine.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Then get rid of all the aero crap. I don’t understand why they have let it continue this long.

MRGA …eliminate these ridiculous bodies / noses. If you take the air off the cars, I think everyone will find that the racing will be so much better and give everyone at least a snowballs chance of winning. Which will lead to less people giving up all together. Until I saw a drone view of the cars I never realized they look like they’ve slid sideways into a phone pole on the right side. They’re shaped like a boomerang. Totally ridiculous. People want to see passing, a villain, a good guy and an underdog win once in awhile. Bring that back and I assure you the stands will be full.

what ride height said. i have nothing again any driver, but i'm always wishing a little bad luck on davenpot, thornton, pierce, or o'neal. then winning as many races as they do has not made racing better. any other class of cars put on a better show than the late models. the ridiculous amount of money that is put into these cars is what has destroyed racing.

Gonna be rough and slick today, until it rubbers
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Gonna be rough and slick today, until it rubbers
    Reason they don't put grader on the track between hot laps and heats. Then again maybe 1/2 way thru heats? Can they NOT knock the high spots down? Not filling the ruts, just cutting surface down a little. Need to make best of a bad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Reason they don't put grader on the track between hot laps and heats. Then again maybe 1/2 way thru heats? Can they NOT knock the high spots down? Not filling the ruts, just cutting surface down a little. Need to make best of a bad situation.
    They could, but I don't think they will do much.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I wondered the same thing about grading.

T-Mac’s comments were interesting.

Which part of it?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Surprisingly competitive run by Johnny Huck. I know it's not much, but a 5th in his heat and he was beating Boom Briggs even before Boom had the flat. I'm not a fan or anything, but he did good for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    Surprisingly competitive run by Johnny Huck. I know it's not much, but a 5th in his heat and he was beating Boom Briggs even before Boom had the flat. I'm not a fan or anything, but he did good for himself.
    Wasn't exactly a stacked heat, but he surprised me too.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Which part of it?
    Taking a bucket truck to the track.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Taking a bucket truck to the track.
    Said same thing I did except disagreed with using grader. I meant use grader with blade straight and then move dirt from corners off straights & maybe into the trout ponds inside straights? Did I over explain that enough?

But some people hate everything McCreadie says.

Ruh-roh. Red flag for simple looking spin. Ambulance headed that way. Something happened. Did he get hit in head or did something spear him?

Typical of Flo. Not a word of explanation. Just go to commercial then come back to that stupid music.

OK. Mud clod to the face. He's talking and going to get checked out.

Said same thing I did except disagreed with using grader. I meant use grader with blade straight and then move dirt from corners off straights & maybe into the trout ponds inside straights? Did I over explain that enough?

But some people hate everything McCreadie says.
    Grader could be used. You just can't cut all the sealed track off.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Ruh-roh. Red flag for simple looking spin. Ambulance headed that way. Something happened. Did he get hit in head or did something spear him?Typical of Flo. Not a word of explanation. Just go to commercial then come back to that stupid music.
    You’re a moron. They can’t tell you something if they don’t know anything