Thumbs up Davenport Speedway NEWS! New Promoters for 2024.

From the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds Facebook page

HUGE NEWS! "Davenport Dirt Track" racing is back in 2024 with new promoters. Although we can't water the track just yet with additional details we can tell you Friday night lights along with your favorite specials will be back and even better in 2024. Expect weekly promotions, themed nights, appreciation nights, family nights and so much more! Lots of details to come in the upcoming months👀🍿🍻🏁🏳
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

That's good to hear! Sure would be a loss had some one not stepped in.

Thumbs up!!

"even better" ?????? thats writng a pretty big check with your mouth right there!!!

Pretty hard to believe they will have any big shows there without C&J Trucing and Hoker Trucking not involved at all. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) shame what’s happened out there. We shall see though….sure sounds like Hoker has found a track close by to sponsor some racing.

I assumed someone would step up to run it. If Davenport in 2024 is even half as good as it was under the Kay's it will still be (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good.

will be very interested to see who is taking on the challenge. they will get a residual carryover for a short period of time thanks to what the previous promotors accomplished. but pretty big shoes to fill now that the place has the attention of the late model world.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by FastEd95 View Post
    I assumed someone would step up to run it. If Davenport in 2024 is even half as good as it was under the Kay's it will still be (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good.
    Indeed. If anyone operates Davenport with any effort at all it will be better than most tracks out there.
    8/13/16

Davenport is a nice facility. I go there about 2 or 3 times a year. Hopefully the new promotors can make a go of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_the_kid View Post
    Davenport is a nice facility. I go there about 2 or 3 times a year. Hopefully the new promotors can make a go of it.
    I never seen you there russ, who you trying to fool? L

The key will be who they get to do the track prep.
    8/13/16

I read an article (Dirt-on-Dirt) yesterday that the new guy (stock car driver) is focusing on the weekly shows. It said his first priority is to get equipment to prepare the track (Kay owned the equipment they had been using).

I would be extremely surprised it is "even better".
    Last edited by fryefan; 10-25-2023 at 08:22 PM.

Definitely won't be better but if it's like it was when Wags ran it for all those years I can live with that. If Mr. Webb is racing there on Friday nights...I'll still be there 4-5 times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    I read an article (Dirt-on-Dirt) yesterday that the new guy (stock car driver) is focusing on the weekly shows. It said his first priority is to get equipment to prepare the track (Kay owned the equipment they had been using).

I would be extremely surprised it is "even better".
    Its not me

i doubt they get any races from MARS,MLRA,LOLMDS, WoO, Xtreme in 2024