Default More Austin Kirkpatrick

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Been saying, for years, those spring smashers were over priced for what they are…… didn’t know you get build it quite that economically though, Really high-level video editing compared to the normal dirt racing stuff out there 👍🏼

He's a rare breed. A nerd engineer with a fantastic sense of humor. Looks like he's 20.

He's a rare breed. A nerd engineer with a fantastic sense of humor. Looks like he's 20.
    he's actually not a engineer. Just a guy who's not afraid to figure (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) out. And has time lots and lots of time lol

So how many noticed the "All of the smash numbers for my straight axle car" link at 13:19?

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    So how many noticed the "All of the smash numbers for my straight axle car" link at 13:19?
    Guilty…. I clicked on it twice LOL

Default :)

Yes, I did, got a chuckle out of that!!!
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Should be a Rick Roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    he's actually not a engineer. Just a guy who's not afraid to figure (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) out. And has time lots and lots of time lol
    ???????? Woulda sworn he is an engineer? OK. That make me even more depressed.

???????? Woulda sworn he is an engineer? OK. That make me even more depressed.
    Pretty sure he started out in engineering and switched to business, during college.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Who gives a rodents rectum about "engineering". I have a number of family that can fabricate literally anything in the back yard and some never even finished school. I also work with degree'd engineers that are good at computers but can't build nothing without a million dollar axis machine. This "word" get tossed around way too much.

My 8 foot brake cost me $75 and my motorized tire prep stand cost me 42 dollars. My roller as pedal cost me $30, my.....I have tons of stuff I made from scratch. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near my whole car. I say this guy gets it.....What racing used to be before everyone had to buy everything from a book in the late 90''s.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardracing View Post
    Who gives a rodents rectum about "engineering". I have a number of family that can fabricate literally anything in the back yard and some never even finished school. I also work with degree'd engineers that are good at computers but can't build nothing without a million dollar axis machine. This "word" get tossed around way too much.

My 8 foot brake cost me $75 and my motorized tire prep stand cost me 42 dollars. My roller as pedal cost me $30, my.....I have tons of stuff I made from scratch. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near my whole car. I say this guy gets it.....What racing used to be before everyone had to buy everything from a book in the late 90''s.
    In a perfect world, an engineer would design it and a fabricator would build it.

The term definitely gets thrown around way too much in our sport. Some guy who wasted a semester in engineering college and likes race cars is a "race engineer" that is ruining the sport.

An engineer should have a decent grasp of physics and thermodynamics. He's usually looking at the simply way to achieve some sort of function. Thanks to endless rules in motorsports, that skill set is not a perfect fit. There is a need for some creativity that isn't really necessary to be a productive engineer at a heavy equipment manufacturing facility.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1