Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DTWC Sunday

Default DTWC Sunday

Calling it now. This weekend is fixing to be a mess

Sunday daytime race. Locked down, rubbered up freight train race. Without the usual Eldora inverts, the fast timer most likely starts on the pole.

Typical DTWC lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Typical DTWC lol
    Exactly! Thats been happening for decades. Just no port a johns to burn down.

When they were at KC/atomic they were good even tho birky stunk one of them up.

need I remind you guys of the 2006 world 100?? it was a sunday day race...a little dusty....but...one of the best worlds there was...from at least lap 30 on the whole crowd was on their feet...top 5 cars under a blanket the rest of the way...that proves you can run a day show that isnt a one groove dusty freight train

THE best world 100 that there ever was……imo
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    need I remind you guys of the 2006 world 100?? it was a sunday day race...a little dusty....but...one of the best worlds there was...from at least lap 30 on the whole crowd was on their feet...top 5 cars under a blanket the rest of the way...that proves you can run a day show that isnt a one groove dusty freight train
    The 2006 world 100 was not a day race.

I agree, the 2006 World 100 was the best. But it was not a day race. The Sunday day race was 2007, Jimmy Owens was the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    When they were at KC/atomic they were good even tho birky stunk one of them up.
    It was rumored the track owner didn't have money to put fuel in the water and push trucks this year. He lost the place shortly after that.

That was 2007. The 2010 dream was a good one as well. These and 2000 dtwc are probably still the best day races I've ever seen.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 10-20-2023 at 09:19 AM.

You're wrong again lol. Anyone who's been following dirt late model racing long enough knows that 2006 was the history making show with Babb, Pearson and Jeep battling at the end with Pearson coming out on top. It was on a Saturday night. Like one poster said 2007 was a rain out and was ran on a Sunday afternoon... Get it right... L!!

Quote Originally Posted by chubfrankfan View Post
    I agree, the 2006 World 100 was the best. But it was not a day race. The Sunday day race was 2007, Jimmy Owens was the winner.
    Correct, 2006 was a night race and the best one I've ever seen. It was also my first and hooked dad and I for life. 2007 was the day race.

2006 is the DVD we have in the camper that if there's a rainout we turn it on, it never gets old. Never.

Reminder, it's Eldora and it can be pouring .25 miles down the road and dry at the track, never seen anything like it. This weekend looks like dog crap, but just never know.

Quote Originally Posted by chubfrankfan View Post
    You are absolutely correct sir...

In 2007, forecast called for rain the next day also so I went home at 3:00 a.m. Sunday morning thinking they wouldn't get it in. Boy was I wrong LOL. Never second guess eldora on getting in a race...

We also went home in 2007. Camp ground was flooding, tents were scattered everywhere. Didn’t think there was a chance they’d race. Sure enough when we made it half way home we heard they were racing Sunday.

^^^ we had a couple friends that were staying in a tent in front of our RV that year. They had gotten white guy wasted the night before and didn't know a monsoon had moved in. You could see their bodies laying on the air mattress where the tent had fallen down on top of them. They laid there for several mins before they started moving around. It was comical watching them fight their way out a collapsed and soaked tent 🤣

^Yep it's almost 6 hrs from my place and when I heard they was gonna run it, I was surprised and pissed lol. I learned then they'll do anything to get a race in , back then. Not so sure they're still that ambitious these days though...

I was there. Living in Troy, Ohio I was there Thursday to Sunday. Saturday was a wash but Sunday it was soo nice. Got out of there around 5p.m. Loved a nice day race and remember in 2012 when they ran the World 100 in 1 day they had qualifying and all in 1 day it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    ^^^ we had a couple friends that were staying in a tent in front of our RV that year. They had gotten white guy wasted the night before and didn't know a monsoon had moved in. You could see their bodies laying on the air mattress where the tent had fallen down on top of them. They laid there for several mins before they started moving around. It was comical watching them fight their way out a collapsed and soaked tent 藍
    did you see the farm tractor stuck trying to pull a motor home out ?? Or the big wrecker brought in.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    did you see the farm tractor stuck trying to pull a motor home out ?? Or the big wrecker brought in.
    I do remember that. The dude in the tractor made a killing that day. Someone said he was getting $100 everytime he hooked to something.

There's a video from 2018 where some dummy let another dummy hook his diesel truck to his super nice RV and basically do a pulling expo for the people that were still there.

Staging delayed already. Gonna be a long day for the people there