Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Job Lucas

^ Very well said ! ! ^ ^

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    I will throw my Thank You to Lucas Oil, Big River Steel and all of the sponsors that support the series. Whether I like the format or not, I do appreciate the fact that it is all possible because of them. We are all entitled to our opinions, however I do believe they deserve a little respect for stepping up and putting the money up. Funny how these boards fill up and pollute the waters, I guess the saying 'no good deed goes unpunished' is really true. Nothing wrong with criticism, but it must be directed to the right person and in the right way. Some need to go back and read the Friendship Speedway letter from last year, or maybe they really don't want to help with a solution but just want to be a part of the problem....
    Well said, especially your last sentence.

Thumbs up

I agree too

Evel is right

Failures cry about social media. Successful tracks just succeed. I've offered fixes. My name isn't Davenport or Richards, so the stewards of the sport don't care.

You don't have to lie until the funeral. That's when everyone says a guy was a joy to be around and made everyone laugh. Dlm racing isn't dead yet.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Failures cry about social media. Successful tracks just succeed. I've offered fixes. My name isn't Davenport or Richards, so the stewards of the sport don't care.

You don't have to lie until the funeral. That's when everyone says a guy was a joy to be around and made everyone laugh. Dlm racing isn't dead yet.
    I agree with your last sentence. And like I mentioned in another comment to you, we need younger blood to stay involved to keep it going. Not many years ago you saw mostly older grey haired people in the stands, now I am seeing some younger people in the stands and to keep them involved you need to keep them interested and that's why you will see some changes to the sport even though you will not like them.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    I agree with your last sentence. And like I mentioned in another comment to you, we need younger blood to stay involved to keep it going. Not many years ago you saw mostly older grey haired people in the stands, now I am seeing some younger people in the stands and to keep them involved you need to keep them interested and that's why you will see some changes to the sport even though you will not like them.
    I also agree, things either grow or die and motorsports in general has to continue to change or it will be the latter. I am fortunate (or unfortunate depending on how you look at it) to be involved in the sport from more angles than most. I deal with the young racer everyday; they are completely different than when I grew up 50 or so years ago. Right, wrong, better, worse are all just words that come from a person's perspective; in my opinion the key is learning to adapt to the changing surroundings and provide entertainment value for the fan while keeping the integrity of the sport in tact- tough thing to accomplish but I do appreciate the efforts I see.

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Do you realize what you said here?
    pretty confident he said you were god...i agree....
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

My issue with the format is it doesn't accurately reflect what happened in the season. When you have 50-60 races and one guy wins the points, then he should be in the record books as the champion. No one remembers who finished 2nd...rarely anyway.

I understand why they instituted this system and knowing that, I was happy for the drivers to have a chance to compete for all that extra money. However, Ricky won the title in my mind and the record books should show that.

If they insist on using this format again, I would suggest that the winner of the regular season points gets that title and the winner of the DTWC is given the playoff winner title. I doubt that would make any difference to Ricky if that had been the case here. I'm sure he mostly cares about the money, but as a fan, I think the guy that has the best season should be the champ. Call me crazy, but that's how I feel about it.

Having a playoff does not increase the excitement for me. Matter of fact, I stopped watching NA$CAR because of my objection to the Chase format. That was the final straw after suffering with the Danica hot dog wrapper cautions and other PC BS they instituted. Thankfully, Dirt Late Model racing has a long, long way to fall that far. It's still the best form of racing on the planet IMO. What Lucas has done 5ucks, but I'll still be watching next season.

All these comments make me laugh. Every car owner out there understood what they were getting into. Did RTj have a great season, he sure did, but every win he racked up in the back of there minds they knew it was going to come down to this. Good year to all the teams that had a chance to win the championship. Everyone of them knows RTJ had a great season.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    All these comments make me laugh. Every car owner out there understood what they were getting into. Did RTj have a great season, he sure did, but every win he racked up in the back of there minds they knew it was going to come down to this. Good year to all the teams that had a chance to win the championship. Everyone of them knows RTJ had a great season.
    It was more than great. It was unprecedented in modern times. Sure, he didn't win a ton of the "crown jewels" but he whipped them every week. In 15 years, when people go back and look at this season from a historical perspective, the list of champions will say O'Neal in 23 and the details will be lost.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 11-07-2023 at 11:47 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Question

It was more than great. It was unprecedented in modern times. Sure, he didn't win a ton of the "crown jewels" but he whipped them every week. In 15 years, when people go back and look at this season from a historical perspective, the list of champions will say O'Neal in 23 and the details will be lost.
    Won't O'Neal always have an asterisk beside his name with the explanation about all of RTJ's wins and the unsurmountable point lead he garnered before the seasons final event ? ? Inquiring for a friend. . .

I do agree, but most of those that follow the sport will still be saying, Yea you remember 2023 when RTj lost the championship in some stupid azz 1 race winner takes the crown. Can you imagine if it was Moran, 2 wins all year. It needs tweaking if they decide to keep it. 1 race, nah that was a slap in the face to that whole team.

Paper champion

... In 15 years, when people go back and look at this season from a historical perspective, the list of champions will say O'Neal in 23 and the details will be lost.
    i hope to be around long enough to set those people straight. and i don't expect O'Neal or Rocket1 to go around crowing about being the 2023 champion. too easy to call them out about the entire season's results. the lucas oil late model series just insulted the dirt late model fan base. hope they are smart enough to make this a one-and-done experiment.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

I will never agree with any system where a guy could win every race except the final one and not be champion. I get that's how stick and ball sports do it, but they don't play against the whole league every week.

Question

Lucas will do the same thing next year. There will be plenty of guys running for the title knowing they've got a chance over the better guy to take the championship. However, if I were RTJ, I'd be looking for a better playground...
    I think that the Bloomy guy that is known far and wide as a notorious gambler wound be quick to lay his cards on the table to run the NASCUS series with the end result relating to a gamble ? ? If he is truely the GOAT as some may have a fantasy on, he would probably lead the points till the end and still win the last race if'n they run the same silly format next year ? ?

Question

^Actually that would be a good setup for Bloomy... If he was at all competitive and keeps them tars under him, that is. GrinA true goat / gambler won't throw his coins on the table that foolishly... WinkI'd be real surprised to see RTJ running Lucas next year... That would be foolish.
    I agree that RTJ might want to think twice about running that series after the obvious corn job that he endured as if he was shamefully abused ? ?

Question

^He knew what the outcome could be , he my not have known how dam good he was tho... smileCan't see him making the same mistake twice, do you?
    I would hope not. How does that old adage read ; " Corn me once, Shame on you, Corn me twice, Shame on me " ? ?

Question

^ yep, poor guy ain't got much of a chance over at WoO either if they're just gonna give it to the dirty bobby again like they did this year... Smile
    Maybe give Madden something to carp about ? ?