Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Job Lucas

Default Good Job Lucas

What an exciting way to decide a title. At least I didn't have to watch the whole race.

It's official, Lucas will crown a "champion" that was not the "Driver of the Year" on tour this year. Sad

Typical Lucas fasion. Sh&t show.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by kipling View Post
    It's official, Lucas will crown a "champion" that was not the "Driver of the Year" on tour this year. Sad
    Its atrocious.

Stop it! You guys are gonna make me weep!

Too funny.....

Let's see . . . all of you can decide;;;

Thornton - 23 wins/41 top fives
    O'Neal - 7 wins/33 top fives
    Davenport - 7 wins/29 top fives
    Moran - 2 wins/24 top fives
    McCreadie - 2 wins/23 top fives

Let's see , lol...
    The Lucas boys ain't crying bj49 lol. They knew what they signed up for at the start. Guess some of you wasn't paying attention and now reality has set in? Lolsdm

All the drivers agreed to it before the season started. RTJ isn't the champ this year. It sux. We know it. Get over it. Geeeez

Are yall gonna whine more next year if they all agree to do it all over again?

Well of course you will. That was a stupid question....

Thanks LOLMDS and FLO - keep doing what your doing. Exciting finish and we’ll be tuned in next year.

Like Devin Moran said, if you don't like it.....👋well, bye.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Like Devin Moran said, if you don't like it.....well, bye.
    I wonder if he would be singing the same tune if he was 5th place in points like he really should be..

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Let's see . . . all of you can decide;;;Thornton - 23 wins/41 top fivesO'Neal - 7 wins/33 top fivesDavenport - 7 wins/29 top fivesMoran - 2 wins/24 top fivesMcCreadie - 2 wins/23 top fives
    One certainly can't help but notice the glaring results in those stats ! ! It kind of reminds one of certain political elections where there was somebody elected into office than there were actual registered voters where you can't help to surmise that something was rotten in the state of Denmark ? ?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    ^ Just admit you're of the democratic following. Come out of the closet, you're not doing a very good job at hiding it... Wink
    If'n If was to admit to that following, I would have to be a fan of that there NASCUS format in which I'm obviously not !

I think the owners voted for it to be this way. It was a lot better for 4 teams instead of 1. Anyone that doesn't see how good this was has never owned a race car.

Some people have a hard time excepting change. If the points battle was close this would have been the greatest thing ever but, with RTJ having such a great season and huge lead it doesn't seem fair but, they knew going into the year this was going to be part of it. Do I feel bad for RTJ and the team heck yes I do. So I have a feeling Lucas will tweak this a little and make sure the points leader will an advantage going into the DTWC.

Quote Originally Posted by baker1b View Post
    I think the owners voted for it to be this way. It was a lot better for 4 teams instead of 1. Anyone that doesn't see how good this was has never owned a race car.
    As someone who built, owned and drove cars for 21 years I will say that if you think this format is the cats meow, you do not have a competitive bone in your body. Ricky accomplished what every racer sets out to do at the beginning of every season...... he kicked all their azzes and now gets to watch the trophy and first place check handed to someone else.
    As far as folks that support this saying they feel bad for Ricky, no they don't! They purposely created this format to prevent someone from doing exactly what Ricky did and what Ricky did should be what every team strives for.
    BTW, I read that Gina Bradsher said there was no vote. I suppose she should know. With that said, they all knew the format going in so I guess they all voted by signing up to run the series.
    For the record, I'm still going to watch the races. I hope they don't think that by watching I am doing so because of this gimmick.

Format is here to stay. As was said, maybe a tweak or two. So I guess we will have an annual gripe session on it. I would say this format would attract more drivers than it loses. Pretty good pay day for all four drivers.

Wonder if WOO is considering the same thing, if not drivers that don't like the lucas format can join the WOO format and hope they are the one and only next year. We will see how all this works out, won't we.

I will throw my Thank You to Lucas Oil, Big River Steel and all of the sponsors that support the series. Whether I like the format or not, I do appreciate the fact that it is all possible because of them. We are all entitled to our opinions, however I do believe they deserve a little respect for stepping up and putting the money up. Funny how these boards fill up and pollute the waters, I guess the saying 'no good deed goes unpunished' is really true. Nothing wrong with criticism, but it must be directed to the right person and in the right way. Some need to go back and read the Friendship Speedway letter from last year, or maybe they really don't want to help with a solution but just want to be a part of the problem....

^ Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    I will throw my Thank You to Lucas Oil, Big River Steel and all of the sponsors that support the series. Whether I like the format or not, I do appreciate the fact that it is all possible because of them. We are all entitled to our opinions, however I do believe they deserve a little respect for stepping up and putting the money up. Funny how these boards fill up and pollute the waters, I guess the saying 'no good deed goes unpunished' is really true. Nothing wrong with criticism, but it must be directed to the right person and in the right way. Some need to go back and read the Friendship Speedway letter from last year, or maybe they really don't want to help with a solution but just want to be a part of the problem....
    Late model racing is older than the Lucas Oil Series. I'd argue it was healthier before their entrance as well. I'm not kissing any rings. More money solves nothing, especially in the absence of good stewardship.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1