Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It's full nascar. They didn't have credibility to lose.
    I enjoyed the race, but I was against the format and having the DTWC at Eldora. To me having so many big shows at 1 track kinda erodes anything special about the events themselves. That said I was wishing either Billy Moyer and/or Dan Schleiper had been there in an old Rayburn swingarm.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    I enjoyed the race, but I was against the format and having the DTWC at Eldora. To me having so many big shows at 1 track kinda erodes anything special about the events themselves. That said I was wishing either Billy Moyer and/or Dan Schleiper had been there in an old Rayburn swingarm.
    A Rayburn swing arm with a big engine would have 100% won the steel block event.

Eldora now hosts what are arguably the 3 biggest events. It's definitely too many. It's too many even if they didn't have so much issue keeping the track raceable. It's been really bad for several years now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The reason for the lucky dog is that they are sending out lapped cars to the tail on the cautions. I would much rather see the leaders race together, without lapped cars in between on the restarts. So this rule is fair.

Moran never lapped Oneal. And maybe Oneal would have raced the leaders harder without the lucky dog.

The race was very entertaining both for the win and the championship.

It’s laughable that many people complain about Lucas being boring with her format, and when they do something to make it exciting manh people complain again. Race fans seem to be an unhappy. Bunch. The complain no matter what is done. So Lucas should just stick with what they did because it was a much better show.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    That is a crying shame the carnival stunt that they pulled with this format. Rickey Thorton and his fans got cornwholed for sure with this sideshow ! !
    Thorton should recieve an official letter of apology, this was an injustice.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

let's just simplify this. the champion of the series for the season got crowned champion due to a format designed to entertain, not the reward for a season's excellence. no one here is going to convince me o'neal, davenport, moran, or anyone else deserved to be called "2023 Lucas Oil Late Model Series Champion". Give them the big check. fine. just don't call them the 2023 Lucas Oil Late Model Series Champion.

We are all smarter than that.
    Last edited by klemmabyna; 10-26-2023 at 06:34 PM.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Thorton should recieve an official letter of apology, this was an injustice.
    Yes he should. Its only a matter in between right and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Yes he should. Its only a matter in between right and wrong.
    Thornton I meant...

Thonton is the Champ, If it ain't broke don't fix it. Are young race fans this fickle? Are sponcers and head wheels off the rails like the NASCAR big whigs now?

NASCAR is a circus. Playoffs are not meant for racing.

The old point system should never have been messed with. I don't care if a driver wins the title three weeks before the season is over.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 10-26-2023 at 08:11 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Thorton is who I meant. Such a debacle to give a championship to somebody who didn't lead the points like RTJ did.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Thornton I meant...

Thonton is the Champ, If it ain't broke don't fix it. Are young race fans this fickle? Are sponcers and head wheels off the rails like the NASCAR big whigs now?

NASCAR is a circus. Playoffs are not meant for racing.

The old point system should never have been messed with. I don't care if a driver wins the title three weeks before the season is over.
    Do you need a tissue lol........................ Hudson won fair and square. Your 2023 Lucas Champ is Hudson O'neal and team Rocket. Do I feel bad for RTJ you bet I do.

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Dang son! When you take a dislike'n onto someone , it don't matter whether you feel they're right or wrong, you just gonna dislike'n ........ Gotta laugh
    You tell me where you see RTJ is the Champ. Last I seen it said Hudson O'neal your 2023 Lucas oil Champion. Like I said many times now I feel bad for RTJ and the whole team because they had a great year.

I mean honestly I was just wondering if he needed a tissue lol.....

Accordin gto the Lucas Oil site, Moran got 1470 points for the DTWC.