Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They chose to cheapen the accomplishment. It's not there. The picture man and his merry men decided it was more important to add suspense or something.
    In maybe yours and a few others they chose to cheapen the accomplishment. I think it's time for you to start your own series, run your rules and see how you do instead of making countless posts a month on here. I have been around this sport for 50+ years and I didn't have no problem with the way it was run this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    In maybe yours and a few others they chose to cheapen the accomplishment. I think it's time for you to start your own series, run your rules and see how you do instead of making countless posts a month on here. I have been around this sport for 50+ years and I didn't have no problem with the way it was run this year.
    If Forrest pays for everything for me, I'll do it. I've been in it for almost 40 years and it's in trouble. There is no way to equate a 1 race accomplishment with a 40 race one.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

If Forrest pays for everything for me, I'll do it. I've been in it for almost 40 years and it's in trouble. There is no way to equate a 1 race accomplishment with a 40 race one.
    Forest has his own series which we are talking about, you are the one that doesn't like the way his series is run. Racing has been in trouble ever since I have been around and it's still here 50+ years later. The real worry is when will the environmentalists shut all of this down, or when racers will have to use electric motors.

Forest has his own series which we are talking about, you are the one that doesn't like the way his series is run. Racing has been in trouble ever since I have been around and it's still here 50+ years later. The real worry is when will the environmentalists shut all of this down, or when racers will have to use electric motors.
    Dirt late models were in much better shape in 1987 than 1982. It hasn't always gotten worse. I agree with the rest of your comments. Forrest doesn't run his series. He has idiots to do that for him. That's where I was going with that.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 10-23-2023 at 05:14 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Everyone who ran the series knew the rules up front and chose to run the series. So…the correct person won the championship. You don’t have to like it, I don’t really think it’s fair either. However….the rules were the rules when everyone lined up to run back on the first race of the year knowing what they had to do to win the crown. So….you can do one of a few things….start your own racing series, write a letter to the people who make the rules, don’t follow Lucas anymore, sit back…watch the races and enjoy them, go bar hopping on Saturday nights instead of going to the track… if all the racers who ran the series were ok with it when the season started, they have no basis to complain now. I don’t even hear the racers complaining…only fans.

Ricky is complaining pretty loudly, considering the sponsor of the mess was one of his sponsors. There are more people to satisfy than just the racers. The satisfying the racers first mindset is part of the problems with the sport, tbh
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Dirt late models were in much better shape in 1987 than 1982. It hasn't always gotten worse. I agree with the rest of your comments. Forrest doesn't run his series. He has idiots to do that for him. That's where I was going with that.
    And I agree with you about 1987 compared to 1982. So much of it is also in conjunction with the economy of the country, when more people have money, more race cars, less money, less race cars. And also people with money will spend any amount of money to win in any class, just to be a winner. Late Models are not the only one with problems, modifieds are just as bad, first modifieds then they got out of hand price and rule wise, so then b mods and now economy mods.

I know Forest doesn't run the series, but I wouldn't go and say that he has idiots running it for him. I sure and the he!! wouldn't want the job. To keep up with the rules, keeping drivers, car owners and track owners happy and then to find and keep all of the sponsors happy to invest in this sport. That's where this Final Four came about, Big River Steel wanted to add money to the championship but run it the way they wanted it run. As a series would you say no to that and giving the drivers more money? I sure and the he!! wouldn't.

And I agree with you about 1987 compared to 1982. So much of it is also in conjunction with the economy of the country, when more people have money, more race cars, less money, less race cars. And also people with money will spend any amount of money to win in any class, just to be a winner. Late Models are not the only one with problems, modifieds are just as bad, first modifieds then they got out of hand price and rule wise, so then b mods and now economy mods.

I know Forest doesn't run the series, but I wouldn't go and say that he has idiots running it for him. I sure and the he!! wouldn't want the job. To keep up with the rules, keeping drivers, car owners and track owners happy and then to find and keep all of the sponsors happy to invest in this sport. That's where this Final Four came about, Big River Steel wanted to add money to the championship but run it the way they wanted it run. As a series would you say no to that and giving the drivers more money? I sure and the he!! wouldn't.
    Major rules changes were there for plenty of the positive change. Right now, we still have historic prosperity. Blood in the streets is coming. I'm assuming you actually follow sprints more. They aren't as screwed up because the cars are mostly unchanged.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Playoffs entertain people, all sports use them. Fans can choose whether or not they want to follow the sport. However bellyaching about the rules is a waste of time and energy.

The bellyaching about Nascar is also boring. People that don't like the rules, simply should not follow that sport either.

BTW, I thought that the race Sunday was quite entertaining. I am pretty sure many fans enjoyed it more than the drivers. The big E. did a great job even being able to pull the race off.
    I just watched the replay and I agree with you it was quite the entertaining race.. I have always liked the race on a rough track. Ok maybe not that rough but, I think they put on some good races and you can usually find Sheppard at the front.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I just watched the replay and I agree with you it was quite the entertaining race.. I have always liked the race on a rough track. Ok maybe not that rough but, I think they put on some good races and you can usually find Sheppard at the front.
    I take it that you also enjoy motocross and enduro races because we seen both at Eldora during that debacle last night ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    The fact there's almost no Rockets left on the two major tours tells a lot too. A few years ago there wasn't a single Longhorn on WoO, now it's just Dennis Erb in a Rocket and look at the year he had.
    Herd mentality as long as the chassis is sufficiently stiff it’s the shocks and springs you hang off it I seen a Kryptonite go from 17th to 1st last night like they were standing still

^^^^ anyone with half of a brain knew that wasn't going to last. That car wasn't lasting another 60-70 taking that much abuse. I think he was going hard while everyone else was trying to conserve. It was fun to watch though.

I'm entertained by a good race. The champion is just recognized at season end for consistently getting the job done. I've never counted points while watching a race.
    Bet you were paying attention during this race who was going to be the Champion....

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    ^^^^ anyone with half of a brain knew that wasn't going to last. That car wasn't lasting another 60-70 taking that much abuse. I think he was going hard while everyone else was trying to conserve. It was fun to watch though.
    It sure was.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I take it that you also enjoy motocross and enduro races because we seen both at Eldora during that debacle last night ? ?
    I don't know but, some of the best races I've seen has been in the rough.

I've been in it for almost 40 years and it's in trouble.
    A solid 42 years for me. And I’d agree, trouble is coming.

There is no way to equate a 1 race accomplishment with a 40 race one.
    This years Lucas Champion will always have an asterisk beside it. The one race playoff cheapened the Championship in my opinion, no matter who was leading the points going in.

In my opinion, I’d guess it more has to do with the world we live in today more than anything.

Kind’a like a Participation trophy by definition - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Participation_trophy

Lucky for me I can speak with my wallet and TV remote.

For the record there will be no asterisk behind the Championship. Hudson won it fair and square under the 2023 format. You may not like the format and I don't but, they raced under the same rules and or format for the year. It's not like they changed things midway through the 2023 season. Do I think RTJ deserved the Championship Yes but, that's not reality.

The Lucas Oil late model series has always been touted as the better series when compared to the WoO late model series. The 2023 LOLMS season will be the one that goes down in history where all the luster was taken off that polished comparison.

I seen on another thread where the guy posted that O'Neal only ran 99 laps because of the lucky dog?? I have no idea about this but may make some sense
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    For the record there will be no asterisk behind the Championship.
    In Context, in my book, it will always have a asterisk. Kind’a like others books.

Five sports records that came with asterisks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRidopZprHU