Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The definition of champion has been cheapened

internet fact checking services have determined that the 2023 Lucas Oil Late Model series champion is Ricky Thornton Jr, any press release stating otherwise is inaccurate and false. lol

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by g_hughes View Post
    internet fact checking services have determined that the 2023 lucas oil late model series champion is ricky thornton jr, any press release stating otherwise is inaccurate and false. Lol
    agreed ! !

Default It's official!

internet fact checking services have determined that the 2023 Lucas Oil Late Model series champion is Ricky Thornton Jr, any press release stating otherwise is inaccurate and false. lol

Well there you have it folks... It's got to be 100% true and right (not subject to change) if it came for them fact check folks on the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    agreed ! !
    Shake my head and laugh it right the hell off, rolling across the floor...

Some dam more...

In your dreams HaHaHaHaHa

This is a prime example (on almost every thread today) of the breakdown that happens when things don't go the way a libtard wants them to, even though they knew this is how it would play out at the end... laugh

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    This is a prime example (on almost every thread today) of the breakdown that happens when things don't go the way a libtard wants them to, even though they knew this is how it would play out at the end... laugh

this is a prime example of when a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty idea that everyone said was (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty turns out (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty.

Playoffs entertain people, all sports use them. Fans can choose whether or not they want to follow the sport. However bellyaching about the rules is a waste of time and energy.

The bellyaching about Nascar is also boring. People that don't like the rules, simply should not follow that sport either.

BTW, I thought that the race Sunday was quite entertaining. I am pretty sure many fans enjoyed it more than the drivers. The big E. did a great job even being able to pull the race off.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Playoffs entertain people, all sports use them. Fans can choose whether or not they want to follow the sport. However bellyaching about the rules is a waste of time and energy.

The bellyaching about Nascar is also boring. People that don't like the rules, simply should not follow that sport either.

BTW, I thought that the race Sunday was quite entertaining. I am pretty sure many fans enjoyed it more than the drivers. The big E. did a great job even being able to pull the race off.
    Racing isn't a stick and ball sport. Playoffs in those sports exist out of necessity. It wasn't invented to produce extra drama.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Racing isn't a stick and ball sport. Playoffs in those sports exist out of necessity. It wasn't invented to produce extra drama.
    No it isn't. Racing requires two balls.

I don't agree with not being a stick and ball sport. Any sport that has fans attending is there to entertain them. Playoffs entertain them. I am old but not set in my ways. I have been going to races since 1950. Love the sport obviously, have no problem with new formats.

If you have racing series then there should be some drama to cap them off. IMO

Mark Richards bank account says different about this

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I don't agree with not being a stick and ball sport. Any sport that has fans attending is there to entertain them. Playoffs entertain them. I am old but not set in my ways. I have been going to races since 1950. Love the sport obviously, have no problem with new formats.

If you have racing series then there should be some drama to cap them off. IMO
    I'm entertained by a good race. The champion is just recognized at season end for consistently getting the job done. I've never counted points while watching a race.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rollover View Post
    Mark Richards bank account says different about this
    The fact there's almost no Rockets left on the two major tours tells a lot too. A few years ago there wasn't a single Longhorn on WoO, now it's just Dennis Erb in a Rocket and look at the year he had.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    The fact there's almost no Rockets left on the two major tours tells a lot too. A few years ago there wasn't a single Longhorn on WoO, now it's just Dennis Erb in a Rocket and look at the year he had.
    Point well taken and they only seem to win a big one due to unusual circumstances letting them back into a win ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post

This season?

Ryan Gustin. Chris Madden was in one the majority of the season. Brian Shirley. Bronson the majority.

If you don’t think there won’t be some horns going to rocket this off-season you’re mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    this is a prime example of when a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty idea that everyone said was (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty turns out (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty.
    Never said it was a good thing, it wasn't. Nobody had a gun to the heads of those who didn't agree with it, they stayed in it all on their own doing.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I'm entertained by a good race. The champion is just recognized at season end for consistently getting the job done. I've never counted points while watching a race.
    Show us where in the 2023 Lucas Oil Late Model Series rulebook that it says the Champion is recognized at the season end for consistently getting the job done. It's not there and you know it. The highest place finisher in last nights race was the Championship Winner which is Hudson O'Neal.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    Show us where in the 2023 Lucas Oil Late Model Series rulebook that it says the Champion is recognized at the season end for consistently getting the job done. It's not there and you know it. The highest place finisher in last nights race was the Championship Winner which is Hudson O'Neal.
    They chose to cheapen the accomplishment. It's not there. The picture man and his merry men decided it was more important to add suspense or something.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The history is corrupted. It's like when Essex talks about how ole Bloomer made the dtwc 34 times. That accomplishment now means absolutely nothing. All you have to do is follow the Lucas tour around to get in the show now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1