Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    The 2023 LOLMS season will be the one that goes down in history where all the luster was taken off that polished comparison.
    Well stated!

kidrock, its just my opinion, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by backspace View Post
    I seen on another thread where the guy posted that O'Neal only ran 99 laps because of the lucky dog?? I have no idea about this but may make some sense
    Correct. So if we want to talk “Reality” as kidrock stated --- in “Reality”, the 2023 Lucas Champion only ran 99 laps of 100. Again, if we are talking “Reality”, and not some gimmicky lucky dog BS.

Well, it was the most exciting championship finish ever for Lucazzz. Decided on the last lap of the race.

The word champion has long been cheapened. How many championships are won by guys just showing up at all races tracks or regional series? It’s not the case for this series, but it’s the truth for a lot of them.

With a kind of money, Lucas pays they can have any format they want. This one was definitely more entertaining. Now if they were just make their actual race formats entertaining.
    Last edited by Fast Wheels; 10-24-2023 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Major rules changes were there for plenty of the positive change. Right now, we still have historic prosperity. Blood in the streets is coming. I'm assuming you actually follow sprints more. They aren't as screwed up because the cars are mostly unchanged.
    From the late 60's when my parents brought me to the races we mostly followed late models and I followed them mostly to early 2000, then went on a sprint car kick from there to just before Covid but still watched and followed late models and since Covid to now mainly late models. Picked the username when I was in the sprint car kick. And I agree totally with your above comment, especially the part "Blood in the streets is coming"

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Bet you were paying attention during this race who was going to be the Champion....
    Not really. I assumed it would be the race winner. 2017 was much more interesting, from that standpoint.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    The Lucas Oil late model series has always been touted as the better series when compared to the WoO late model series. The 2023 LOLMS season will be the one that goes down in history where all the luster was taken off that polished comparison.
    I'll have to agree wholeheartedly with you on that after seeing the way that the debacle played out last weekend. . .

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    kidrock, its just my opinion, nothing more.
    I can respect that.

rtj won 2 imca modified national championships. im cool.

Lurker Reality tells us Hudson still won within the rules of the Lucas series. Lucky dog and all.

You're allowed to think the race was fun and exciting but also believe that the format was trash.

Masterbilt is pretty spot on with everything he's saying inside this thread IMO.

Asterick by the title winner might be a little too far considering they all played under the same rules, however, what are most people going to remember about the 2023 DLM season ten years from now? Most likely the season RTJ dominated.

I said the same thing on twitter, DLM history is important and it just feels like it has been tainted with. It shouldn't come down to who runs the best in 1 single race.

The drivers took a safe bet at the beginning of the season signing up for lucas knowing that there was a ton of money available, I'd say most of them now don't like how the points were structured.

Quote Originally Posted by backspace View Post
    I seen on another thread where the guy posted that O'Neal only ran 99 laps because of the lucky dog?? I have no idea about this but may make some sense
    I had a discussion about this on another thread and don't wish to rehash that, but Moran, Davenport & Thornton most likely didn't complete all the laps during the season leading up to the championship either. I'm fine with all that beings they all played by the same rules all year. I still don't care for the championship format, although it appears as we will see it again since the bean counters say it was successful.

I think it would have been better to have the points leader going into the DTWC have an advantage meaning the 3 others would have to win the race to win the title. Otherwise it reverts back to the points as were awarded all year.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I think it would have been better to have the points leader going into the DTWC have an advantage meaning the 3 others would have to win the race to win the title. Otherwise it reverts back to the points as were awarded all year.
    I think that that makes perfect sense ! !

Here's how to run your year next year with the same rules- Only show up to race tracks you do good at, stay in the top 4 in points, because after all the points fund payout isn't for your year long performance anymore, and there'll be fewer teams following the entire tour, because your accumulated points don't count. Heck Bobby could win both titles that way.

Quote Originally Posted by GrocMax View Post
    Here's how to run your year next year with the same rules- Only show up to race tracks you do good at, stay in the top 4 in points, because after all the points fund payout isn't for your year long performance anymore, and there'll be fewer teams following the entire tour, because your accumulated points don't count. Heck Bobby could win both titles that way.
    There is prolly something saying you have to attempt to qualify for all the races to be eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    There is prolly something saying you have to attempt to qualify for all the races to be eligible.
    Exactly, I am sure it was already in this year's rules.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GrocMax View Post
    From what the nation has seen the amazing, amazing " Boy from Ilinoy " has the talent to do both ! !
    Last edited by Raceready; 10-24-2023 at 03:52 PM.