Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nascar style bs

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    This is now the second time (2021 Pittsburgher) that Hudson has won something big utilizing the lucky dog.

Evidently ImCryn2 hasn't paid attention to race procedures for a very long time. The only time lap cars ever went in between lead laps cars was prior to Delaware or standard double file restarts which long predate lucky dog rules. And even before double file restarts became the norm some tracks and series had lap cars to the tail rule.

You can spin it however you want. He got lapped!
    Yea, I don't pay attention you got me. Carry on super fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    I guess we are looking at the post 2 different ways. I took it to mean the poster thinks that the lucky dog is ok if it puts the driver you don't like a lap down, but sucks when the same rule gives him a lap back. Can't have it both ways. It has been a rule for what? 7-8 years and it's a problem now because a driver the OP doesn't like was involved? Every driver has benefitted from it at one time or another.
    Imo, it has sucked the whole time, but rarely impacts the outcome.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Imo, it has sucked the whole time, but rarely impacts the outcome.
    Hudson won the championship and did not break one rule or ruling throughout the race. If they didn't have a lucky dog ruling then on the restart he should of started behind Sheppard and Sheppard only as he was the only one to lap him. To many people are b!t@hing on here about the championship about nothing, either read the rule book and follow the rules or if you don't like it don't sign up for and don't compete or don't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    Hudson won the championship and did not break one rule or ruling throughout the race. If they didn't have a lucky dog ruling then on the restart he should of started behind Sheppard and Sheppard only as he was the only one to lap him. To many people are b!t@hing on here about the championship about nothing, either read the rule book and follow the rules or if you don't like it don't sign up for and don't compete or don't watch it.
    No one said he broke any rules, only that the rules were dumb. In the 1990s he would have restarted where you said, and not been the champion. Between there and lucky dog time, he'd been a lap down and on the tail, again, not the champion.

Fans are entitled to be entertained. Or as you say, they might just disappear.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 10-23-2023 at 02:21 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Yep, i was wondering how he got his lap back. I don't really pay attention to the rules on lap down cars. He won though, congrats to Hudson and his team!!!

whats the deal with hud fueling up? he didnt have a flat tire, are you allowed fuel?

Sure, Pierce ran out of gas and was able to fuel up too. Although it didn't change his finishing position.
    I never heard any rule that would prohibit it. Apparently most teams were not worried about fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by wfodirt66 View Post
    whats the deal with hud fueling up? he didnt have a flat tire, are you allowed fuel?
    I forget now, but I thought he fueled during the rf tire flat. Fuel has never been an issue before, but now with the added aero and guys with engines in excess of 500 ci, it became a problem.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

No one said he broke any rules, only that the rules were dumb. In the 1990s he would have restarted where you said, and not been the champion. Between there and lucky dog time, he'd been a lap down and on the tail, again, not the champion.

Fans are entitled to be entertained. Or as you say, they might just disappear.
    Then also let's get rid of the 2 lap courtesy rules for flats and such, I am pretty sure they gave Thorton quite a bit more than that when they were trying to repair his right front. I would think most fans were quite entertained, only some are complaining even though they knew of the rules well before this race. Like the announcers said of the armchair quarterbacks on social media, go and start a series, find the sponsors, find tracks and drivers to run your series and so on instead of making countless posts. This Final Four was all started by Big River Steel and the extra money they put towards the Championship and aren't they a big sponsor of Ricky Thorton, go figure. Lol

Then also let's get rid of the 2 lap courtesy rules for flats and such, I am pretty sure they gave Thorton quite a bit more than that when they were trying to repair his right front. I would think most fans were quite entertained, only some are complaining even though they knew of the rules well before this race. Like the announcers said of the armchair quarterbacks on social media, go and start a series, find the sponsors, find tracks and drivers to run your series and so on instead of making countless posts. This Final Four was all started by Big River Steel and the extra money they put towards the Championship and aren't they a big sponsor of Ricky Thorton, go figure. Lol
    Not sure what the courtesy laps have to do with it, but yes, they are also a joke. Lucas races become a parade on so many occasions as guys keep pitting over and over.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Not sure what the courtesy laps have to do with it, but yes, they are also a joke. Lucas races become a parade on so many occasions as guys keep pitting over and over.
    The courtesy laps is a comparison of the lucky dog, the sport is evolving, you have to have these type of rules to accommodate drivers to entice them to run an entire year on the series, just the same with provisionals, if you don't have these in the rule book, good luck in finding enough drivers and without enough drivers, then there will be less fans in the stands. Would you go to a Lucas or WoO race to go see 4 drivers, probably not.

The courtesy laps is a comparison of the lucky dog, the sport is evolving, you have to have these type of rules to accommodate drivers to entice them to run an entire year on the series, just the same with provisionals, if you don't have these in the rule book, good luck in finding enough drivers and without enough drivers, then there will be less fans in the stands. Would you go to a Lucas or WoO race to go see 4 drivers, probably not.
    I was happy to attend events when there were zero national tours.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

And as always …. The rocket wins

☝️☝️Sheppards in a longhorn now
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    ☝️☝️Sheppards in a longhorn now
    And the rightful Lucas Champion RTJ also runs a big old Longhorn ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    And the rightful Lucas Champion RTJ also runs a big old Longhorn ! !
    And the woo champion is in a Longhorn
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

well said , and there is really no argument with your assessment ......