Thread: Amazing !!!!!!!

Default Amazing !!!!!!!

Eldora finally has an exciting race and everyone is upset. Yeah, it sucks for Thornton jr. considering the season he had. The real elephant in the room is sanctioning bodies have been and is bringing demise to this sport. Everyone wants to see the sport go to the next level, which by the way is NASCAR type level. And then they get upset when Lucas Oil acts like NASCAR. Go on Lucas oil late models website. It is full of corporate sponsors, go to Dirt on Dirt and look at their corporate sponsors. Well guess what, they want to be appeased and happy, so this is what you get. When everyone in late model racing was looking for big money and more exposure and you get it, and now your not happy. CNN did a story years back about dirt late model racing and they said its the biggest sport you never heard about. Well those days are gone. Until dirt late model racing addresses the top heavy purse structure its a joke, the sport will only decline. Lets face it, An ad pointing out that the DTWC paying 100,000 dollars to win looks great on paper, till you look deeper and see it pays 20,000 for 2nd, 7,500 for 5th and pays a pathetic 4,000 dollars for 10th in their biggest race of the year.

You're allowed to think it was a good race and still hate the points system.

I agree sliding sideways.

When we're a little older and greyer....2023 will be a season we'll always talk about no doubt. Whichever way you feel about the 2023 DTWC, at least it was still dirt track racing.
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Eldora finally has an exciting race and everyone is upset. Yeah, it sucks for Thornton jr. considering the season he had. The real elephant in the room is sanctioning bodies have been and is bringing demise to this sport. Everyone wants to see the sport go to the next level, which by the way is NASCAR type level. And then they get upset when Lucas Oil acts like NASCAR. Go on Lucas oil late models website. It is full of corporate sponsors, go to Dirt on Dirt and look at their corporate sponsors. Well guess what, they want to be appeased and happy, so this is what you get. When everyone in late model racing was looking for big money and more exposure and you get it, and now your not happy. CNN did a story years back about dirt late model racing and they said its the biggest sport you never heard about. Well those days are gone. Until dirt late model racing addresses the top heavy purse structure its a joke, the sport will only decline. Lets face it, An ad pointing out that the DTWC paying 100,000 dollars to win looks great on paper, till you look deeper and see it pays 20,000 for 2nd, 7,500 for 5th and pays a pathetic 4,000 dollars for 10th in their biggest race of the year.
    What I do not get is these corporate sponsors coming in and and wanting things their way, it was good enough to get their attention but it needed changed? Reminds me of these immigrants coming to America because they think it's the greatest country, then they want us to start changing our ways to what they're used to at home. Makes zero sense.

Obviously LOLMDS as an organization did not think the racing they provide was exciting enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    What I do not get is these corporate sponsors coming in and and wanting things their way, it was good enough to get their attention but it needed changed? Reminds me of these immigrants coming to America because they think it's the greatest country, then they want us to start changing our ways to what they're used to at home. Makes zero sense.

Obviously LOLMDS as an organization did not think the racing they provide was exciting enough.
    As I keep asking, "what was the problem that needed fixing"? "What was the expected outcome"?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    They was expecting a horn and got a rocket... Hence all the bitching and whining... Grin
    Rest assured even if had been young Huddy that had led the points by such an obvious and unsurmountable margin anyone with any sense of right and wrong should be disappointed in the coruption of the current system as I would have been.

I didnt really care who won. Im just happy I got to see a good race at Eldora, unlike some of you all, Eldora is my closest track, the racing has been sub par at best for years, and they rarely race there anymore. Do you realize Eldora does not race late models from after the dream to the Baltes classic. So no late models all summer. The track sits dark most of the summer. Someone mentioned chassis , chassis wars are great for the sport. Do you all want cookie cutter cars of tommorow like Nascar? Thats what you will get if everyone runs the same cars. And there is people here that would love that. Look, nobody wants to talk about this, the sport has to pay better thru the field. And if they dont want to throw more money at it, pay 1st half the amount and spread the remainder thru the field. Trust me, nobody would have stayed away if the DTWC paid 50,000 to win. In fact more cars would have showed up if it paid better thru the field.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    As I keep asking, "what was the problem that needed fixing"? "What was the expected outcome"?
    I'll bite on that. There was no problem that needed fixing. And apparently there was no expected outcome that makes any fair sense.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    I didnt really care who won. Im just happy I got to see a good race at Eldora, unlike some of you all, Eldora is my closest track, the racing has been sub par at best for years, and they rarely race there anymore. Do you realize Eldora does not race late models from after the dream to the Baltes classic. So no late models all summer. The track sits dark most of the summer. Someone mentioned chassis , chassis wars are great for the sport. Do you all want cookie cutter cars of tommorow like Nascar? Thats what you will get if everyone runs the same cars. And there is people here that would love that. Look, nobody wants to talk about this, the sport has to pay better thru the field. And if they dont want to throw more money at it, pay 1st half the amount and spread the remainder thru the field. Trust me, nobody would have stayed away if the DTWC paid 50,000 to win. In fact more cars would have showed up if it paid better thru the field.
    I watched a race of 28 cookie cutter Indy cars with weird, twisted aluminum and plastic bodies get beat to death and 6 finished. Sure, a few of them were close at the end, but the fastest ones were in the pits. I was not that entertained. I chipped a tooth wincing for those guys out there.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I agree with sliding 👍

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I agree with sliding 
    Doesn't everybody ? ?

Yes. Too late in the year to run a championship race at Eldora. Should have run this race at East Bay 😁

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Yes. Too late in the year to run a championship race at Eldora. Should have run this race at East Bay 
    It could have been their " Last Harrah " with all of the talk of them shutting down ? ?

Even if it is 100 laps, it's hard to call a race good when their are only 6 cars running at the end. Devin and Huddy swapping the lead in the closing laps made it interesting.
    8/13/16

I thought this race was pretty darn fun to watch. It would have been even better if we weren’t trying to run Indy cars on the dirt. Bring back dirt late models!!!

This yes 👍

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    As long as the fly dude does, that's all that matters... L
    fly dude. mark mcgrath? he knows fo sho!
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....