Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ronnie Delk / Mike Marlar

Their 10-year racing partnership is over. Evidently Ronnie is selling out (again).
    Will Rogers never met Donald Trump!

Saw this posted on X/ twitter.

The pits continue to shrink week by week.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The pits continue to shrink week by week.
    And talking heads from Flo and other outlets will continue to talk about how much the sport is “thriving”. Drives me crazy

One team leaving just makes room for a new team running the tour.

he isn't going anywhere, news is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    One team leaving just makes room for a new team running the tour.
    that's a terrible way to look at it.

And talking heads from Flo and other outlets will continue to talk about how much the sport is “thriving”. Drives me crazy

They could make the trouble on the Gaza Strip sound positive! They never ask the hard questions as The world is full of sunshine and rainbows!

Strong rumors that he is going to The Bruening team replacing Clanton. It will be stange seeing the #157 in a red car.

Biden takes down another Race TEAM ! FJB !!

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Biden takes down another Race TEAM ! FJB !!
    Biden didn't put the downforce in the cars. He isn't why we went from old 18 degree engines from being competitive to guys running out of fuel at Eldora.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Strong rumors that he is going to The Bruening team replacing Clanton. It will be stange seeing the #157 in a red car.
    I've heard the same. If true, and he runs up front, it will undoubtedly prove he's the God of dirt late models.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I've heard the same. If true, and he runs up front, it will undoubtedly prove he's the God of dirt late models.
    Mike Marlar is a real racer that understands cars. I am certain he will run up front with a deep pocketed owner that is providing him with the same mfg of car he is already running. It should be a simple transition.

He and Madden are the 2 guys who are never going to be out to lunch unless they are running a crate against supers or something like that.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 10-26-2023 at 10:30 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

^^ Bruening posted yesterday that their 2018 hauler is for sale....to make room for a new one. I think Mikey will be just fine if this pans out. Funds don't seem to be an issue and his talent speaks for itself.

This begs the obvious question...where does Coconut end up? Or is this the end of the line for him...
    Last edited by Oiler; 10-26-2023 at 10:37 AM.
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    ^^ Bruning posted yesterday that their 2018 hauler is for sale....to make room for a new one. I think Mikey will be just fine if this pans out. Funds don't seem to be an issue and his talent speaks for itself. This begs the obvious question...where does Coconut end up? Or is this the end of the line for him...
    That’s the hauler that Tyler has been using

^^Yes. A mere $600K is the asking price so their pockets are pretty deep for a new one. Marlar will be in good hands financially was my point. He can keep on doing what he did for Delk and not worry about the bills.
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

Marlar is always fun to watch. I would have no problem with not seeing Clanton again.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Mike Marlar is a real racer that understands cars. I am certain he will run up front with a deep pocketed owner that is providing him with the same mfg of car he is already running. It should be a simple transition.

He and Madden are the 2 guys who are never going to be out to lunch unless they are running a crate against supers or something like that.
    Marlar’s been good in everything from Rayburns to Rockets, Capitals, and Longhorns too. He’d probably be good in a Kryptonite too. He seems to adapt fairly quickly to whatever chassis he’s in. Pretty cool watching him rise up from the old BoB days into one of the 5 or 6 best in the sport.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

^^^ I can't remember what year it was, he showed up at n/s in a lime green #16 Bloomquist car. No sponsors whatsoever on the car, just a 16. I think he ran top 5 in the big show and was competitive with it. Like you said, he is a straight up wheel man.

If there was an award for the best driver /racer who gets the least amount of hype , coverage, and fan fare…it’s Mike Marler. That guy is always lurking in the front or charging from back in the weeds to the front almost all the time.