Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Clicked the Dome off of my bucket list last year. Had an excellent time! Did a lot of walking. Well worth it.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    We have definitely NEVER had 64 rollovers. Not sure we have even had over 10 during any one year.
    I think this was intended as "Hyperbole"...
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

I've been twice. Always a fun show and lots of energy. Its a different style of racing, lots of drama and the best car doesn't always win. The late models put on the best show. The modifieds crash way too much and its one caution after another. If you want to go from the stands to the pits, be prepared to walk a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
    If you want to go from the stands to the pits, be prepared to walk a lot.
    It was a mess to even get a pit pass the first year. We had preordered our passes months before. Finally after walking around the whole stadium, one single table with no sign on it got them to us. We asked staff member we seen, and nobody could tell us anything up to that point. Hopefully it's a little more organized now.

I've never had to walk that much to get from GA to the pit area in my life. Although seeing the cars on the street outside the dome is still one of the coolest things about the event.

I have been there twice to race and this year we have a skybox to watch. It's worth it to go. The racing is good. Always a little drama that keeps the crowd buzzing. Lots to do around the city before and after the races.
    Zac, I know what you mean about that hike from the pits. My 1st time there was 6 weeks after my heart bypass. My Dr said I needed to walk but holy he11 that was hard to do. LoL