Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is the Dome racing in Saint Louis worth taking in?

Traveling about 5 hours. Any comments from first hand experience would be appreciated.

short answer , yup

absolutely, the atmosphere alone is worth it.

i went a couple of years ago and it was one of the best shows i've ever seen. i watch it every year on Flo, but nothing can replace being there in person. i would definitely recommend making it a priority.

You can't beat the atmosphere of the dome and downtown St Louis with all the race fans everywhere all weekend.

Just expect to pay for parking an high price concessions an if you eat downtown before the race expect 45 mins to 1 hour wait in line. Racing is ok but atmosphere is rowdy an you will see some fights in the stands an expect late nights start at 2 be lucky to get out by 1030 11

Plan on watching about 7 hours of cautions and red flags and about 20 minutes of actual racing. JMO.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Don't forget top speeds of 45 mph with that whining... L
    It sounds as if it can put on some real " YAWNER " races ? ?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    It was sarcasm. I think the racing has been great there but there's always those silly folks on here whining about low speeds... It's still good racing, dam good racing!
    I'd be willing to wager that them there speeds don't seem quite so slow when the driver is that close to the ground ?

It's definitely better in person than it is on TV

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Flathead View Post
    Plan on watching about 7 hours of cautions and red flags and about 20 minutes of actual racing. JMO.
    What did they get 2 year ago ? Something like 64 rollovers during the event ? ?
    Last edited by Raceready; 10-30-2023 at 05:47 PM.

One rollover at Browstown and they would grade it flat. lol
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Just expect to pay for parking an high price concessions an if you eat downtown before the race expect 45 mins to 1 hour wait in line. Racing is ok but atmosphere is rowdy an you will see some fights in the stands an expect late nights start at 2 be lucky to get out by 1030 11
    I went every year, except for last year, and I never saw a single fight in the stands.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    I went every year, except for last year, and I never saw a single fight in the stands.
    How about in the pits ? ?

We have definitely NEVER had 64 rollovers. Not sure we have even had over 10 during any one year.

It's 1000% better in person, the track is a lot bigger than you would think compared to broadcasts. The restaurants bars hotels and arena experience is awesome. That also comes with arena and downtown prices so just be aware of that. Every year the track has different characteristics but seems to put on the best shows when it has some ruts, bumps, and character. Ball park village is cool and also the Budweiser tours are cool as well. I think I only missed one so far. If big speed is why you like racing this isn't the place for you but if you love the smell, sounds, and elbows up racing in the middle of December you won't be disappointed.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    We have definitely NEVER had 64 rollovers. Not sure we have even had over 10 during any one year.
    For cripes sakes in 2020 they had 31 flips in just 2 nights of racing ! !

I've went the last 3 years an every year has been a few fights. Last year was 4 fights in stands turn 3&4. Esp after huddy t carp deal.

Well if you like a 40 mph race fights in the grandstands in a high crime area waiting an hour to eat then you probably need to go plus high prices at the concession stand

I only go because it's bonding time with my nephews. As I don't see them much.