Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Beware The Lurker
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    SS You do have my sympathies, I'm sure it's been a long unpleasant road through all of this.
    Thanks Buford, I still have a lot of stuff draining from the open incision. I have been soaking in hot water in the bathtub couple times a day helps with the pain and healing. In the last few days, I have had a burning sensation.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    Thanks Buford, I still have a lot of stuff draining from the open incision. I have been soaking in hot water in the bathtub couple times a day helps with the pain and healing. In the last few days, I have had a burning sensation.
    Well best wishes to get well. That sounds troubling, does the doctor know about this?

I finally had to quit eating certain things because my system got so dry that bowel movements became very difficult. Seems like cheese causes me problems.

At one time I thought I might have colon cancer, but I got scoped about a year ago and they found none.

Buford, the wife says is just part of the healing process. As far as the drainage the surgeon gave a pamphlet explaining there would be drainage. I go next Tuesday to see the surgeon.

Glad to hear that you are doing OK. The older we get the more problems we will get. Unfortunately, I guess it's just part of aging. One of my dad's friend says "getting old is for pu**ys"
    Last edited by ss12; 12-06-2023 at 10:15 AM.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

It's sad to not be able to play double court basketball anymore. I last played in a league when I was 54 and I just didn't have that spring anymore, let alone getting winded to the point that it wasn't fun anymore.

Hang in there SS, everyone doesn’t always agree but I think we all agree we don’t want to see anyone with health concerns……I can hate unions and you can hate trump all we want after you heal up more if that’s ok….

Sorry for being so callous about what’s going on with your health…..I know it’s serious and I shouldn’t have made jokes about it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

SS full of crap! Looks like I aint missed much!

jk......Hope you get well soon SS!

Thanks everybody for the kind post. I have been in a little pain but tolerable. The wife looks at the wound every day and she has seen some granulation tissue in the wound which means its healing. I have been wearing sanitary pads and they have been irritating my butt. I had the wife to look at it last night and she started laughing. I asked what's so funny and she said that the pads have rubbed my butt raw and now you have a baboon a$$. Why is it normally you have one bowel movement but when you have an injury to your rectum you have to go 2-3 times a day? In my case having a bowel movement has been that painful. It's going to be in the high 50's here today, so I plan on getting outside to get some stuff done. Have a good weekend!

Well wishes and get better ss12.

SS , Im 60 and been lucky , I have never had these issues but have had several family members and friends that have , some made it and some didnt because they waited to long , either way , good luck to you .....

Haven't seen nor heard tell of him since last year. Is Everything up to snuff ?

Didn’t he say he was heading South for a while? If his rear was better??

I believe he went South for the winter. I'm sure we will hear from him at some point.

The wife and I made it to the island on Saturday. We have had some good weather so far. It's amazing how the water surrounding the island effects the weather here. According to the wife(I can't see it) the rear is healing but not completely yet. I have been able to ride my bike just can't sit to much yet. We have walked on the beach several times. We will be here through March. We will experience spring break for the first time. It will determine when we come here next year. A couple from Canada has helped us on the ins and outs of the island. We were able to meet with an owner of a condo and rent directly with him instead of paying all of the extra fee's associated with rental companies. The beach is a block away and we have a pool also. I wouldn't want to live here all year, but it beats Illinois winters. The wife and I are living life while we still can. At our age we know there will be a day when we can't.
    You all have a great day!!

What island did y’all land on SS? Everyone loves the beach in the warm weather but there will be days in Jan and Feb that a 65 degree short sleeve day walk with your bride on the beach will be awesome….some of the sunrises and sunsets during winter are unmatched, make a point to go find those spots to see them when you can.

The SS minnow is docked at South Padre Island.

Seriously said, enjoy your time at Padre. We’ll get back to Politics later, or when Trump does something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    The SS minnow is docked at South Padre Island.
    Well get Gilligan working on the bike blender and Mary Anne making the coconut cream pies and get the heck outta hear then…..enjoy island life.