Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

BBQ do you know how Datsuns got their name? There was a Japanese car manufacturer. They had some American investors coming to check out the new vehicle. The plant manager told the workers that the investors were coming at the end of the week, and they needed the car done by then. The worker replied, "dat soon"? A joke told by my uncle Ernie.
    Last edited by ss12; 11-26-2023 at 09:39 AM.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Before I argue with you I need to ask myself are you mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective because if not there's absolutely no point. And well that's the end of this argument. lmfao..
    Dementia? You already said that. hahahahaahaa

What argument, you didn't even have a point!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Dementia? You already said that. hahahahaahaa

What argument, you didn't even have a point!!!
    Before I argue with you I need to ask myself are you mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective because if not there's absolutely no point. And well that's the end of this argument. lmfao..

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    BBQ do you know how Datsuns got their name? There was a Japanese car manufacturer. They had some American investors coming to check out the new vehicle. The plant manager told the workers that the investors were coming at the end of the week, and they needed the car done by then. The worker replied, "dat soon"? A joke told by my uncle Ernie.
    And that dat soon of a beach has been running ever since…….I’d love to find an old b210 or one of the older Datsun trucks and restore it. Had several iterations of the z car in the 70s and 80s and would like to find one of those to refurb but most are junk these days and the ones that have decent bones or in decent shape aren’t worth what folks are asking.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Before I argue with myself I need to ask myself am I mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective because if not there's absolutely no point. And well that's the end of this argument. lmfao..
    Well good. Keep arguing with yourself. That's too funny!!!

BTW Alzheimers is caused by air pollution, so you need to quit breathing it!!!
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 11-27-2023 at 04:31 PM.

SS , every time the union workers get a raise , the American public pays for it , not the private company , just look at the price of an air line ticket or the price of a new car , WAKE UP AMERICA ......

F/F Even Henry Ford knew the only way to keep Ford going was to pay his employees a good salary so they could afford to buy what he was manufacturing. If you can't afford to buy a new vehicle don't. If you can't fly don't. In a capitalist society the working people must be able to afford to buy the products being manufactured.

In 2022 GM revenue was $156.7 billion.

Ford’s first-quarter 2023 revenue reached $41.5 billion, up 20% from the same period a year ago.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

And if it weren’t for the Obama GM bailout of 2009.

Bailout money still owed to the American tax payer is about $9 Billion.

And if wasn't for the Bush (43 republican President) mess up the economy in 2008 GM wouldn't have needed a bailout in 2009.

By the way revenues and PROFITS are two different things.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 11-27-2023 at 08:12 PM.

GM profit for 2022 was 20.981 Billion. 17.878 Billion in 2021 and 13.672 Billion in 2020 so, the last 3 years that's 52.531 Billion enough money to pay back us tax's payers and increase the pay of their workers.

If the company had any ethics about them at all they would give us back our money. I guess we could blame the union workers for that while were at it. lol...........................

I gott’a admit, you’ve got me miffed on this one ss12.

Know going in, I’m not a fan of Bush 43, never was.

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    And if wasn't for the Bush (43 republican President) mess up the economy in 2008 GM wouldn't have needed a bailout in 2009.
    Didn’t know it was Bush 43 fault. And I’ve never heard anyone say the such before. Can you tell me more in your own typing words without any cut and paste.

I’ve never heard anyone tie an insolvent corporation directly to a President.

Lurker you've been around long enough to know if you are President you get blamed for everything. Just ask any President. It doesn't matter if you had anything to do with it or not. You're getting blamed. President Truman said "The Buck stops here".

What Was the 2008 Great Recession?
    The Great Recession was the sharp decline in economic activity that started in 2007 and lasted several years, spilling into global economies. It is considered the most significant downturn since the Great Depression in the 1930s. The term "Great Recession" applies to both the U.S. recession, officially lasting from December 2007 to June 2009, and the ensuing global recession in 2009.

First, the report identified failure on the part of the government to regulate the financial industry. This failure to regulate included the Fed’s inability to stop banks from giving mortgages to people who subsequently proved to be a bad credit risk.

Next, too many financial firms took on too much risk. The shadow banking system, which included investment firms, grew to rival the depository banking system but was not under the same scrutiny or regulation. When the shadow banking system failed, the collapse impacted the flow of credit to consumers and businesses.

Who wanted to bail the automakers?
    President George W. Bush announced a $17.4 billion bailout to General Motors and Chrysler, of which $13.4 billion would be extended immediately.

Without federal aid, GM and Chrysler warned, they faced bankruptcy and the loss of 1 million jobs. (Ford, the remaining “Big Three” automaker, said it didn’t need the funds since it had already cut costs. But it asked to be included so it wouldn’t suffer by having to compete with subsidized companies.)

Lurker who pulled us out of the great recession of 2007-2009? Democrat Obama Who got us out of the mess of Cult45 covid fiasco? Democrat Biden. Republicans get us in messes and the democrats get us out!

GM profit for 2022 was 20.981 Billion. 17.878 Billion in 2021 and 13.672 Billion in 2020 so, the last 3 years that's 52.531 Billion enough money to pay back us tax's payers and increase the pay of their workers.
    People that work for others often don’t realize this…..they are awake, or awoke and nobody home….if you know what I mean.

Lurker you've been around long enough to know if you are President you get blamed for everything. Just ask any President. It doesn't matter if you had anything to do with it or not. You're getting blamed. President Truman said "The Buck stops here".
    People that get worked up about who the president are the same people that get worked up about who the Kroger manager is……..Kroger runs itself basically because of its systems, The manager of it controls very little and impacts my life to the same degree…very little
    Same can be said about the president of the United States lately…….he manages what’s there to the best of his ability, if he has little ability then things get kind of wonky….which is where we are today.
    Trump nor Biden nor ( insert whoever you want) the next guy are important enough to me to control my every waking thought…..I trust them to manage what’s there correctly and when they don’t they get replaced with the next manager.

You guys that live and breathe this stuff and take it personally are making yourselves miserable for no reason…….

lurker I'm sure ss could blame Trump for several counts of this also.. hahahahaa

Meanwhile in Realville, who was the president that signed NAFTA and sent businesses heading for Mexico, Canada, and just plain out of the US?

BBQ, there are many people that ARE directly affected though. Like the ones that lost thier jobs when factories closed and went to Mexico for example. And the people that lost their jobs and in some cases their lives because a president mandated vaccines and boosters. More examples are also out there.

And right now millions are affected by massive illegal immigration, green lighted by the Resident. Imagine living anywhere near the southern border, or in big cities as 450 billions tax dollars have been spent paying for this immigration invasion. 450 billion yes that is insane.

But be thankful you have not been directly affected by these intentional disasters, or at least not so far.

Deep rural America is now seeing the illegal immigration affects. For example a small city of 14.000 here in southern Indiana has suddenly seen a huge apartment complex being built rapidly and is now nearly full of residents. As I drove through this complex I noticed nothing but coal black people that did not seem to be native to America whatsoever on the patios and parking lot.

I would say that the turkey plant is now thiers almost exclusively. If you worked there would you stay?

This is not assimilation or anything positive for this nation. It is a road to our demise.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 11-28-2023 at 02:55 PM.

BBQ I don't usually get worked up over who is President but, I have to admit for me Trump is not a nice guy and one I would not want to see become President ever again, I hate the idea it looks like we might have Trump and Biden as our candidates but, whoever wins I will accept it and move on and live my life with either a little more money in my pocket or a little less. I know people ask are you better off than 4 years ago and I say yes because in 3 weeks and 3 days my wife and I will be paying off our house and be Totally debt free and we accomplished that no matter who's been President.