Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default High Limit and Lucas Oil Series collaborations

Brad Sweet hinted some things are in the works.
    The work being done by WRG, High Limit and Lucas right now must be why we haven’t seen schedules yet.

https://www.speedsport.com/sprints-m...-need-to-know/

The Lucas Oil Late Model series will someday be the High Limit Late Model series. I've seen some stuff plausible stuff on twitter that makes it a real possibility some day.

Absolutely love this. Smart move.

I hope not. I just don’t like the drivers in sprint cars like I once did. I’d prefer to see Late model only shows. And yes I’m biased towards late models now a days. 😁

Would love to see multiple two-class shows with super late models and top-notch sprint cars. Those are awesome shows.

I could only imagine the admission price to get in

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Would love to see multiple two-class shows with super late models and top-notch sprint cars. Those are awesome shows.
    There was one this past year at Atomic (Ohio). Hope it happens again in 2024. Used to be a regular thing at the track with STARS and ASCoC running the "Night the Stars Come Out". Admission wasn't anything out of the ordinary.
    Last edited by bleedblue55; 11-09-2023 at 01:20 AM.

One giant step at a time. Hi-Limit has there plate full with trying to get tracks and teams to come onboard with the sprint cars. Others have tried to dethrone WRG and all failed. They are not going to sit on there hands, they will and I'm sure already sweetened the deal with teams.

High Limit will do well as a competitor to WoO in the sprint car realm. WoO restricted their full-time racers from running non-WoO races, and that set a bad tone. With that said, I am not liking the idea that Larson/Sweet bought the All-Star series, then shut it down for 2024 less than a week after the purchase. I am sure it was part of the plan, but sounds bad on the surface. A lot of those guys can't run a nationwide tour, and that is why they chose the All-Stars in the first place.

As for Lucas Oil, I think it would be in their best interest to get onboard with High Limit.

What race track and fan could afford that? $60 admission and $75 pit passes. Unless Flo intends to subsidize it.

I hope not. I just don’t like the drivers in sprint cars like I once did. I’d prefer to see Late model only shows. And yes I’m biased towards late models now a days. 😁
    😁my preference is special with Lates as the show card and max of two classes to support.

Id prefer sprint shows w out late models, late models dont do anything for me, that said I do enjoy a weekly racer like rtj whooping on them.

I'm guessing the # of tracks that are prepped well enough to host a show featuring 30 plus top shelf sprints & similar # of late models on the same night are pretty few. If they keep this as a limited concept (handful of times per year) at good venues it would work great. At the wrong venue, the features would just be rubbered up garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    What race track and fan could afford that? $60 admission and $75 pit passes. Unless Flo intends to subsidize it.
    I would guess 50$. Uncle Forrest or Morgan can't get rid of the Lolmds!!

Looking forward to this

My guess is the tracks that will be selected to host both will not only have the facility to handle it, but already have strong attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Others have tried to dethrone WRG and all failed.
    dirtcrazy4u,

I don’t see the former All-Stars now re-branded High-Limits series attempting to “dethrone WRG“. The former All-Stars will be the same per say, with regionalized deals like the FAST tour, as well as the National Touring series. The High-Limits mid-week races series will be like this year.

More good info and links here -

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...d.php?t=124468

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...d.php?t=124553
    Last edited by lurker; 11-09-2023 at 07:14 PM.

There couldn't be enough track prep to handle sprints and late models, plus supports.

The tracks would be blacker than coal.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    There couldn't be enough track prep to handle sprints and late models, plus supports.

The tracks would be blacker than coal.
    high limits had no supports this year, do they have supports at big late model races?

Right now the fast tour is only for ohio speedweeks for what I understand. What attracted the fans was the 57 car and kyle showing up on a Tuesday night. They ran 1 class so as to get him outta there. In the outlaws hey day you had steve kinser playing the role of superman, then there was Slammin sammy as he was known as. The 2 of these guys put on epic battles. High Limit needs to find this in my opinion, because if kid Kyle keeps winning all the time the fans will turn.