Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry 411 Motor Speedway looks to be DONE.

411 Motor Speedway looks to be DONE.
    < Copart Supposedly the buyer >

Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 11-08-2023 at 08:27 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

IMO terrible location for a junk yard

Copart is taking the good ones away from us.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 11-09-2023 at 08:38 AM.

Question

At least crownman won't have to worry about any more cancellations.

That definitely sucks, only went once couple years ago for hangover but was cool little fast track. East Tennessee seems to be loosing tracks fast like.

A good racing facility in North Carolina, 311 Speedway, was turned into a junk yard by its owner after many years of great racing. Someone as big as Co-Parts isn't necessary, just a loser like 311's owner.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    A good racing facility in North Carolina, 311 Speedway, was turned into a junk yard by its owner after many years of great racing. Someone as big as Co-Parts isn't necessary, just a loser like 311's owner.
    Yea your exactly right jog49. Mike said the fans and racers made him hate it. Problem is he pissed off the fans and racers. There will never be another race at 311 sad to say unless someone buys it but not at a 4 mil price tag. Mike is heavy into real-estate.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

And Mike made the fans and racers hate him and 311…….so there’s that.

4 million,lol…..sounds about as ridiculous as some of those goofy excuses he used to make to not race.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Doing a real estate deal with MF……..would land at the bottom of every list of things I’ve ever wanted to do in my life, right after blindfolded nighttime skim boarding over a jagged oyster bed then stepping off into a pool of rubbing alcohol to rinse my feet.

Nope, pass on that deal but good luck to Him.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Default BBQ post #7

Yup when you chit someone out of there purse they remember it as he did a few from a regional series

Where did the money come from anyway? I remember his only income was renting inner tubes to float down the Dan River at one time. Must have been extremely popular! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Where did the money come from anyway? I remember his only income was renting inner tubes to float down the Dan River at one time. Must have been extremely popular! LOL!
    He has since sold that a few yrs ago. I think $ is in family some how. I was told but forgot from someone that knows them.

If they close the place hopefully they load up all that red clay and bring it to Brownstown Speedway in Indiana!

Copart likes to buy racetracks and expand their business. I believe the fact that all the oil and chemicals already in the ground make it attractive to them; can always claim the issues where already there....

Copart is a company that sells mechanical trash to human trash and people in the area don’t realize how much worse it’s going to be than a race track.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Copart is different from a typical “ junkyard.” They sell entire cars via online auctions- they do not sell parts from cars.

You guys don't really think the company is out to kill race tracks do you?

Fox, it's still a junk yard no matter how ya word it.

The way CoPart works is the insurance company's that pay claims off of wrecks and then they auction them off in public and on line to people to rebuild or to junk yards to part out.You would be surprised how much they make off of each piece they sell. The insurance co. pays storage and seller fees and buyer pays a big fee plus they charge you to bring the piece out of the gate,they will not let you go inside and load your self.
    Last edited by MEE; 11-10-2023 at 04:39 PM.

Zyoung25
    I am not saying it’s not a junk yard. I said it’s not a typical junk yard where cars sit for years and the public buys parts off them. There is one on John Sevier Hwy. in Knoxville and to the commen eye- you don’t notice it’s there when you pass by. The layout of 411 property would be even more hidden.

Just like everyone else: I hate to see it shut down. I live within 45 minutes of it and don’t think I ever witnessed a great race with the super late models. I guess Mitch McCarter will use the $2 million and not have to work a dirt track. Makes perfect sense to me!
    Look forward to more hashing from you ZYoung!

If you think that was a hashing, your skin must be pretty thin.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 11-10-2023 at 06:49 PM.