Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lucas Oil: why do they want to sell LOLMDS?

in the limited research i did it appears that Forrest Lucas is worth at least $500,000,000. Why are so many assuming that the LOLMDS will be sold within a few years? It appears as tho they are making money yearly and the sponsors are increasing yearly, does Lucas want to concentrate its resources elsewhere in motorsports or just reduce its expenditures on motorsports?

I saw that the World Racing Groups total revenue is reportedly around $10,000,000 yearly. Obviously that quite a bit less than FloSports revenue thats been estimated at $115,000,000. And now with Flo aligning with UFC/WWE it appears they will be growing exponentially in the years to come.

Does High Limit and its financiers need to buy LOLMDS or could they just start High Limit Late Model Series on their own? If Lucas wants out of late model racing no matter what i dont see why High Limit would buy them, just allow them to fold...
    Last edited by ftfiowa; 11-11-2023 at 05:29 PM.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    in the limited research i did it appears that Forrest Lucas is worth at least $500,000,000. Why are so many assuming that the LOLMDS will be sold within a few years? It appears as tho they are making money yearly and the sponsors are increasing yearly, does Lucas want to concentrate its resources elsewhere in motorsports or just reduce its expenditures on motorsports?

I saw that the World Racing Groups total revenue is reportedly around $10,000,000 yearly. Obviously that quite a bit less than FloSports revenue thats been estimated at $115,000,000. And now with Flo aligning with UFC/WWE it appears they will be growing exponentially in the years to come.

Does High Limit and its financiers need to buy LOLMDS or could they just start High Limit Late Model Series on their own? If Lucas wants out of late model racing no matter what i dont see why High Limit would buy them, just allow them to fold...
    Lucas is 81 years old. Is he the sole reason they dump large sums of money into motorsports?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Lucas is 81 years old. Is he the sole reason they dump large sums of money into motorsports?
    dont know, thats why im asking. they have pulled back other sponsor money from other series in the recent past so....
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

where else could he advertise that would benifit lucas oil the business? he's in everything that has an engine or draws a crowd. seeing as how late models are a dying breed, getting out early is better than getting out late.

Does High Limit and its financiers need to buy LOLMDS or could they just start High Limit Late Model Series on their own?
    It already exists in some regard, its called Castrol FloRacing Night in America.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I’d say NO, as PR and Marketing align perfectly with exactly what they are doing now.

I'd say they could spend quite a bit less and the same old dusty bottles would be on the shelf at AutoZone either way.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

That’s funny.

The Lucas kids don’t have anywhere near the passion for motorsports that Forrest does, and the money isn’t coming in like it used to, either. I’m not sure the money ever really did. I’ve worked in auto parts various levels for roughly 30 years now and the Lucas stuff has never been a big seller. I’ve always assumed they had government contracts to support all the ventures that they do.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

There's a really big stadium in Indiana that has Lucas Oil written across it. They have a event there next month called PRI if you look closely I bet that banner on the stadium had something to do with them moving there yrs ago

Josh,

Now correct me if I’m wrong in your opinion --- but a motorsports industry friend of mine (that has visited with Forrest more than once) has always told me Lucas products big sellers are in the light duty truck maintenance shops, the semi trucking industry as a whole, and really big sellers at the truck stop level, and not necessarily big sellers in the automotive industry. That said, you being in the auto parts industry for a long time --- do you think that is possibly correct or just a fluff story from Forrest so he can sponsor motorsports, and have naming rights on a stadium?
    Last edited by lurker; 11-12-2023 at 06:43 AM.

My question:
    Where is the storylines coming from that Lucas Oil Series is for sale or might be sold?
    I realize that the High Limit series stated that there could be some co sanctioned races- but I am out in left field on Lucas Oil being on the market.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    I am out in left field on Lucas Oil being on the market.
    No yer not. But the O.P. is.
    8/13/16

lucas is huge in the trucking business

Lucas is so involved with every facet of racing, the list is very impressive.
    Then you have his cattle business.
    8/13/16

Default @lurker

It’s possible on the OTR level that’s it’s popular because I don’t have much experience in that world, but part of one of my jobs was fleet stuff and the particular municipality that we dealt with had stuff from econoboxes like Focuses all the way up to class 8 stuff like tri-axles and they didn’t buy a whole lot of Lucas.

Lucas stuff is very good stuff, but it’s generally higher priced than similar products in that space and that impacts sales quite a bit.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Flo aligning with UFC/WWE it appears they will be growing exponentially in the years to come.
    That's news to me. With exponential growth comes exponential price increases to the consumer.

I'm a STP man through and through. Stop The Pounding.

Default I’d gladly pay more for Flo.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    With exponential growth comes exponential price increases to the consumer.

84wedge,

As racing season is over for me, and knowing its hockey season, and having ECHL FTW Komet season hockey tickets for home games, I can watch every FTW Komet road game. I save $$$ on away game road tickets such as Indy, Kzoo, and Toledo, let alone fuel and eats, throughout hockey season. That doesn’t mean I still don’t go to a few road games during the season, just not as many as I once did.

Thus I get more out of Flo than just racing, so Flo is very-very cheap for me as it is. If and when a price increase comes, I will gladly pay more. Heck, being honest, Flo pays for its self the month of January when the Tulsa Shootout is on. I’ve bucket listed experienced both the Shootout and the Chili Bowl more then once, so its nice to watch from the comfort of my home.

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    lucas is huge in the trucking business
    I was once told that the trucking market for Lucas products in Australia was huge as well. Let alone the Asian market. I think people sometimes forget Lucas is Global with products.