Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Obviously somebody's got Fairbury and Farmer City mixed up, and hasn't been to Fairbury, or not in a long time...
    I like Fairbury { And not just because Bobby Pierce won all them races there} ! !

Question

[QUOTE=SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS;2473281]^You was the first to whine right along with dirty dangerous bobby when them tars got the blame for his getting his ass handed to him... Smile Always an excuse... Lol[/QUOTE Just where is " FAIR " in Fairbury when they do Bobby wrong like that ? ?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Lol^^ whine on, fuzzy pants... Grin
    Not good for their image to have the same young man win all of the time . . .

The little-known Clay County Fair Speedway in Spencer, IA is a gorgeous fairgrounds facility and right in line with the others on this list.

im suprised Wheatland didnt make the list

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    im suprised Wheatland didnt make the list
    I did... Lucas Oil Spdwy mo.
    Last edited by ftfiowa; 11-14-2023 at 02:35 PM.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Quote Originally Posted by DustinJ14 View Post
    The little-known Clay County Fair Speedway in Spencer, IA is a gorgeous fairgrounds facility and right in line with the others on this list.
    you are correct! im from iowa & i forgot to put spencer on here, tho the concessions arent great(godfathers pizza=yuck lol)
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Are you talking about from the FAN perspective or racer?

Knoxville sucks as a racer no place to watch the races, even on top of my toter, toters are in the way.

Talladega Short Track was good from racer perspective, had stands in pits all flat ground good line up area etc.

Eagle Nebraska would be top of my list from racer and fan perspective, though as a racer the assigned paid for parking sux.

Wheatland is by far the best.

Port royal is at the top of my list. Extremely clean bathrooms with people taking care of them all night. Pavement all over the property. Beautiful views and a phenomenal race track

simplest way to rate a facility: is the women's restroom nice enough your mother, wife, girlfriend, etc. would return for another race.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Sharon Speedway is top notch when it comes to food, cleanliness, and the track surface is almost always smooth and racy. Definitely one of the nicer ones I’ve ever been to

duck river has really nice restrooms and tower, they upgraded to led lighting over last winter, pretty nice pits

Cedar Lake---and every year they keep adding more things--nice when they plow money back into the operation. I think they have somewhere close to 1,000 camping spots, all told. I think it is at least 800 ---I'm 74 so I hope I am remembering correctly ---the indoor facility is a plus for cycles, carts, etc. in winter---ran street stocks in there once but got a bit smokey as I remember ---midgets work well in there if I remember correctly

-Port Royal is by far the best of any track I've personally been to. I haven't seen a bad race there yet in any division. Great food with many different options to choose from, nice grandstands. You definitely know you're at a race track the second you pull in, some tracks don't have that feel even once you go through the gates.
    -Volusia, same as above. I've only been there during speedweeks so I don't know how it is for the rest of the year.
    -The Dirt Track at Charlotte, only been for the world finals but would like to see a couple more races run there every year.
    -VMS, great track and facilities, just needs to fill under the grandstands with some more vendors and food options. Worse thing about that track is that it's out in the middle of nowhere.

Magnolia
    Plenty of free camping...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

A friend was on a work assignment in Tulsa last year and found a really nice facility in that vicinity, about an hour away, and was impressed. Don't recall its name.
    Aways like VMS and Charlotte but would sit on a stump and pee in the woods to see a good race. Well, actually, I have done that!

^I stand on a uke tire and pee behind the haulers at Spoon.
    8/13/16

Thank you so much for that very important information!!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by highside hustler25 View Post
    ^i stand on a uke tire and pee behind the haulers at spoon.
    ^^^^^^ t m i ^^^^^^
    Last edited by Raceready; 11-27-2023 at 05:02 PM.