Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max Blair

Question Max Blair

Now in a Longhorn. Who would a thunk it ? The family has been in Rockets since Chub Frank got Robby into them many, many years ago. . . Whos next to make a switch ? The Conleys ?

maybe when mark r is ready to retire he sells Rocket to Longhorn and this all becomes moot. Mark & steve cant go on forever and we all know josh doesnt want it so.... Anywho good luck Max in 2024 whatever chassis you run!
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

longhorn can't do it all either, someone is going to have to step up
    hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), stepped in at the right time, still think we need one more

Marks daughter is plenty capable of running the business. With or without Josh, Rocket ain’t going no where

Running the business isn't near enough. Finding new ways to go fast and playing politics are actually more important for longevity in this sport.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Who's choice was it ? Max or the people that pay the bills.

When the people that pay the bills say you’re running longhorn, you’re running a longhorn.

That's the downside of a sugar daddy. Sometimes you have to let them have their way.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Who's choice was it ? Max or the people that pay the bills.
    I'm pretty sure it was Max's choice. When I talked to him about 3/4 through the season and he told me it was time for a change. He's pretty tight with RTJ, so it was a no brainer. Bought a car from him turnkey.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Running the business isn't near enough. Finding new ways to go fast and playing politics are actually more important for longevity in this sport.
    This is a great post MB….spot on.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by txl9t View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was Max's choice. When I talked to him about 3/4 through the season and he told me it was time for a change. He's pretty tight with RTJ, so it was a no brainer. Bought a car from him turnkey.
    RTJ is a distributor or he bought one of his old cars?
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It’s all about the people you have around you. Justin Labonte was the only labonte really involved with longhorn when they started their dominant run 3-4 years ago. He was smart enough to hitch his wagon to Kevin Rumley and Matt Langston, that’s why longhorn is in the position they are in now. Arpin has just grew the strong foundation those guys at the original longhorn shop are responsible for

At this rate Dennis Erb Jr. is going to be Marks only customer on a major tour.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    This idiot still can’t count.

Think about this for a second. Your RTJ, You have just had your best year and beat them all in 2023. You have a car that your selling, if that car is any good you can talk all you want, they are not selling it. Horns have unfortunately had a problem with cars not reacting the same. Call it what you wish, but I don't think there selling a car RTJ is comfortable in.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    RTJ is a distributor or he bought one of his old cars?
    Bought one of his old cars. A car Ricky ran this year for a bit I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Think about this for a second. Your RTJ, You have just had your best year and beat them all in 2023. You have a car that your selling, if that car is any good you can talk all you want, they are not selling it. Horns have unfortunately had a problem with cars not reacting the same. Call it what you wish, but I don't think there selling a car RTJ is comfortable in.
    They probably had 5 cars in the stable. Have to sell to make room for new.
    Last edited by txl9t; 11-13-2023 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by txl9t View Post
    ill be very surprised if he got the complete package, those guys race for a living, and everything is so close right now, i just don't think he can let it out yet, just the way it is, if your going to run on that level, you have to do homework, and its alot of homework for those last 2 tenths
    now if you find it, you may get 6 months to a year with it before someone catches up, but these guys work too hard to keep an edge for more than a year anymore

The 96V was not very good at Charlotte. Not a good initial look for BMF but I don't think they are a bad piece. There are plenty of good small builders out there but most would rather be on the chassis merry-go-round. It used to be Rocket/Masters. Now its Rocket/Longhorn.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Ya gotta give Dennis Erb Jr. the credit though as the last driver to honestly win the title of a premier series in a Rocket ? ?