Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Spoon - 2024 Payouts. SLM $2000, Mods, $1500, E-Mods $600, Hornets $300, Crates $1000

Spoon River Speedway - 2024 Payouts

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

They can do it if the drivers and teams and fans show up every week. If he charges $30 a pit pass and $15 in the stands for ages 14 and up and from 10 to 13 Charge $5 and 0 to 9 Free. Maybe try rotating the Mods and Pro Late Models every other week or something like that. Try to keep it at 4 classes but make sure Super Lates are your number 1 class also maybe they can get a huge field of hornets.

Talking

Course Davenport

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Nice knowing ya, FC....
    The new promoters will never make it with this payout. This is a weekly payout north of 25k for weekly racing. Looks good on paper and kudos if they can draw the fans and cars to make the payout work, but I’ve been around a long time…seen many try this type of payout and it never works. I bet the payout is cut by mid season and the track bashing will begin

You obviously never seen Fairbury’s payout.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I'm all for this but I'm with Cooter. I think they'll struggle to get a full field of super lates. Peoria is struggling on Saturday nights. I don't think they will pull much from FC. The few faithful will probably stay. I hope it works out but I'm skeptical.
    8/13/16

Ever heard of Port Royal? How about Knoxville?

If not, then check out their purses.
    Last edited by fryefan; 11-14-2023 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    They can do it if the drivers and teams and fans show up every week. If he charges $30 a pit pass and $15 in the stands for ages 14 and up and from 10 to 13 Charge $5 and 0 to 9 Free. Maybe try rotating the Mods and Pro Late Models every other week or something like that. Try to keep it at 4 classes but make sure Super Lates are your number 1 class also maybe they can get a huge field of hornets.
    i dont see how these tracks have stayed at 30 pit pass for so long. everything has went up at least 50% but most i go to havent changed. its interesting

Attica raceway park and Fremont speedway purse in 20k area with only 3 divisions and 30 pits 17 stands. 410 sprints, super lates, 305 sprints @ attica. 410, 305 sprints and trucks @ Fremont

What's a full field nowadays 16,18, 20 or 20+?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    What's a full field nowadays 16,18, 20 or 20+?
    I think it's whoever shows up. There's nights FC would love to have 16 supers. That's why I'm a little optimistic about this. I'm 100% for it. Just don't know where the cars will come from.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I think it's whoever shows up. There's nights FC would love to have 16 supers. That's why I'm a little optimistic about this. I'm 100% for it. Just don't know where the cars will come from.
    I agree not sure where the cars are going to come from but, I like the ambition and l will just wait and see what they can do here. The track has the potential of being a good draw. If this track is prepped right it can produce some great racing and has over the years.

Port royal has no problem with cars showing up. If you guys in the Midwest think this is a good deal then I guess that's what matters. Purse like this in the east would never work unless you had short fields.

Lol dirtcrazy.......you must have forgotten what oakshade pays! If your talking PA late models, they're sucked into crate bs too

I agree not sure where the cars are going to come from but, I like the ambition and l will just wait and see what they can do here. The track has the potential of being a good draw. If this track is prepped right it can produce some great racing and has over the years.
    What will kill Spoon is FIVE CLASSES --- there is nothing worse as a fan sitting there through FIVE CLASSES. There must be some cars out there -- look at the long list of people willing to spend TONS to race at the Dome. It is one of the most expensive events of the year, the pit passes, hotel fees, food purchases and more. It is beyond frustrating to me that they don't race throughout the year and head to the Dome to make it a crash fest. There's also tons of crates who decide they are a late model for the Dome. Maybe just combine lates and crates at Spoon.

Fairbury runs 5 classes weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by reid boys View Post
    Fairbury runs 5 classes weekly.
    And that's why I rather drive to a special than watch 5 classes.

Oakshade ? Never been there, but your right, there are probably tracks in pa that don't pay much.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    What will kill Spoon is FIVE CLASSES --- there is nothing worse as a fan sitting there through FIVE CLASSES. There must be some cars out there -- look at the long list of people willing to spend TONS to race at the Dome. It is one of the most expensive events of the year, the pit passes, hotel fees, food purchases and more. It is beyond frustrating to me that they don't race throughout the year and head to the Dome to make it a crash fest. There's also tons of crates who decide they are a late model for the Dome. Maybe just combine lates and crates at Spoon.
    It hasn't killed other tracks why would it kill spoon?

It hasn't killed other tracks why would it kill spoon?
    That is a very good question.

If they could average over 1500 fans per week, it could work. 2000 would be nice.

Depends on how many chiefs and how many warriors they have. lol
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

That's just not going to happen. Does Fairbury get 1,500 fans for their weekly shows?