Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Earl Pearson Jr Racing and Papich Racing shutting operations

From the Earl Pearson Jr Racing Facebook page.

Earl Pearson Jr Racing and Papich Racing shutting operations

As the 2023 season comes to an end Papich racing would like to thank all the sponsors, crew, family and friends for your awesome support this racing year. I feel very fortunate to have amazing car owners, but even better friends such as Jason and April. JC and Trevor are two of the best crew guys a driver and car owner could ask for. Great job guys!!!
    After several conversations with the team, Jason being very busy with several of his growing businesses, and rising cost of the sport we have made the difficult decision to shut Papich Racing down. Our friendship within this team and owners is stronger than ever and I am grateful for each of you.
    I would like to thank all of our sponsors for this race season and those that have been with me for many years!!!
    Papich Construction
    Lucas Oil
    Etchberger Trucking
    C & D Bonding
    Sunoco
    Remi Realty
    Mallard Family Chapels
    Hoker Trucking
    Midwest Sheet Metal
    Extreme Graphics
    Bilstein
    Longhorn
    Five Star
    E3
    Hooker Harness
    Clements
    Performance Bodies
    Allstar
    Brand Creative
    Behrents
    Willwood
    Wehrs
    Wiles
    Fast Shafts
    FK Rod Ends
    Outerwears
    Mark4
    Super clean
    Swift springs
    Jones performance
    Schoenfeld headers
    Gorsuch solutions

Official press release and details of available equipment coming soon.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

A less illustrious send off than I hoped for him. He had a hell of a career.

It didnt sound like earl was retiring, is he?

Not exactly a ton of open seats.

" Another one bites the dust " !

Again if the sanctioning bodies can't figure out how to cut cost without costing racers more money. Then you could possibly see more of this.

Papich isn’t hurting for money. His business is thriving leaving very little room for racing.

even the most succesful businesses have a hard time just setting ~750k a year on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Again if the sanctioning bodies can't figure out how to cut cost without costing racers more money. Then you could possibly see more of this.
    Let’s be real, whether it’s on the national level or on the local level, racers are in far more control of controlling costs than the sanctioning bodies. Can’t really blame the part manufacturers for creating “low friction” or “lightweight” components when racers are willing to pay for it. Sanctioning bodies have no control over what teams are charged for chassis and components. And I don’t think we want sanctions creating spec parts for teams to use to control costs, that’s a slippery slope to the mess NASCAR is in.

But the dirt late model guru’s that get rich without picking up a 3/4 inch wrench will continue to proclaim that the sport is thriving, just wait for it

Well, in all honesty, Pearson has about run his course too. He hasn't been very competitive in quite a long time so it's probably time to hang up that helmet. He had a good career on dirt.

Earl is trying to piece something together for 2024.

Well he does have that Forrest Lucas Money $$$. Just sayin'

Drop Shock,

Everything is fine! A bunch of folks showed up at Eldora! /S
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Drop Shock,

Everything is fine! A bunch of folks showed up at Eldora! /S
    All you gotta do is read the latest dirtondirt fast talk, and they'll tell you how DLM racing is flourishing.

The quote went like this

"I think DLM racing is the healthiest it has been in a long time, even amid economic challenges we all continue to face." LOL, FN seriously??

It's obivious they don't go to local and regional events.

You say racers are in control. I would disagree, the wind tunnel bodies could easily be shut down which in turn would save the person paying the bills. You take away grip and you don't need mega HP motors. You limit material choices in the driveshaft also would help , break a shaft and most engines over rev, which can and has been very costly. There are ways to control costs, but if the rules makers don't make any attempt to help the people who pay the bills you will see more teams following suit.

Racing has been on a self destruction course since the days of cart coming into usac with the billionaire owners wanting to eliminate any chance of a smaller team winning. The same thing has happened in nascrap, woo sprints, NHRA drag racing. The winning teams out spend everyone else 10 fold and it limits there competition.

Nascar has what, maybe 3 teams that can win on Sunday with there multiple cars. Indy cars has maybe 2 teams that can compete with Penske. Drag racing has John force that at one time was out spending other teams by millions, today at many events they have trouble getting a 16 car field. Indy used to have gurney and foyt built chassis, nascar had cars that you could identify with, these next Gen cars again cost teams millions. Hendrick, Penske, and Gibbs win all the races.

2 manufacturers win in slm racing on the big stage, horn and rocket, 40 to 60k for a roller. Take grip away and I bet you won't need 1 of there cars to be competitive. Look at crate racing, i hate it, but it keeps these other chassis guys in business. But you let more competition in the guys spending the big dollars are not going to like it.

MONEY talks, b*ll sh*t walks, right steve francis ? I'm going to get costs under control. What a joke you are.

^^good perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    All you gotta do is read the latest dirtondirt fast talk, and they'll tell you how DLM racing is flourishing.

The quote went like this

"I think DLM racing is the healthiest it has been in a long time, even amid economic challenges we all continue to face." LOL, FN seriously??
    I'm going to guess that quote ended with "Right, Suave?" Maybe they didn't print it, but I bet that is how it actually went.

^^^
    I was afraid DOD would go to much on the corporate side after Rigsby sold it to Flo. It’s just not the same with him not being as involved with DOD as he use to be.

DropShock wins 4M Post of the Month!