Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Teh gurus are also ok with the low car counts

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    You say racers are in control. I would disagree, the wind tunnel bodies could easily be shut down which in turn would save the person paying the bills. You take away grip and you don't need mega HP motors. You limit material choices in the driveshaft also would help , break a shaft and most engines over rev, which can and has been very costly. There are ways to control costs, but if the rules makers don't make any attempt to help the people who pay the bills you will see more teams following suit.

Racing has been on a self destruction course since the days of cart coming into usac with the billionaire owners wanting to eliminate any chance of a smaller team winning. The same thing has happened in nascrap, woo sprints, NHRA drag racing. The winning teams out spend everyone else 10 fold and it limits there competition.

Nascar has what, maybe 3 teams that can win on Sunday with there multiple cars. Indy cars has maybe 2 teams that can compete with Penske. Drag racing has John force that at one time was out spending other teams by millions, today at many events they have trouble getting a 16 car field. Indy used to have gurney and foyt built chassis, nascar had cars that you could identify with, these next Gen cars again cost teams millions. Hendrick, Penske, and Gibbs win all the races.

2 manufacturers win in slm racing on the big stage, horn and rocket, 40 to 60k for a roller. Take grip away and I bet you won't need 1 of there cars to be competitive. Look at crate racing, i hate it, but it keeps these other chassis guys in business. But you let more competition in the guys spending the big dollars are not going to like it.

MONEY talks, b*ll sh*t walks, right steve francis ? I'm going to get costs under control. What a joke you are.
    Some hard truths right there!

Another thing nobody talks about is that thanks to the power of social media you also see these big teams doing test sessions and burning $1000's in the process to find more speed. Nascar limited testing but all that did was allow those teams with the resources to them into simulation and data acquisition. The cream will always rise to the top in most cases and the big just get bigger.

instead of a HURRICANE coming, this time it is going !

it's kinda sad the hurricane went out downgraded to a tropical depression! LOL Papich & Lucas gave us a little longer with Earl at least. He may not be done though!

You say racers are in control. I would disagree, the wind tunnel bodies could easily be shut down which in turn would save the person paying the bills. You take away grip and you don't need mega HP motors. You limit material choices in the driveshaft also would help , break a shaft and most engines over rev, which can and has been very costly. There are ways to control costs, but if the rules makers don't make any attempt to help the people who pay the bills you will see more teams following suit.

Racing has been on a self destruction course since the days of cart coming into usac with the billionaire owners wanting to eliminate any chance of a smaller team winning. The same thing has happened in nascrap, woo sprints, NHRA drag racing. The winning teams out spend everyone else 10 fold and it limits there competition.

Nascar has what, maybe 3 teams that can win on Sunday with there multiple cars. Indy cars has maybe 2 teams that can compete with Penske. Drag racing has John force that at one time was out spending other teams by millions, today at many events they have trouble getting a 16 car field. Indy used to have gurney and foyt built chassis, nascar had cars that you could identify with, these next Gen cars again cost teams millions. Hendrick, Penske, and Gibbs win all the races.

2 manufacturers win in slm racing on the big stage, horn and rocket, 40 to 60k for a roller. Take grip away and I bet you won't need 1 of there cars to be competitive. Look at crate racing, i hate it, but it keeps these other chassis guys in business. But you let more competition in the guys spending the big dollars are not going to like it.

MONEY talks, b*ll sh*t walks, right steve francis ? I'm going to get costs under control. What a joke you are.
    Totally agree............................................. .........................

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Drop Shock, Everything is fine! A bunch of folks showed up at Eldora! /S
    Nailed it! Outta the park! Mic Drop! Nuff Said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Let’s be real, whether it’s on the national level or on the local level, racers are in far more control of controlling costs than the sanctioning bodies. Can’t really blame the part manufacturers for creating “low friction” or “lightweight” components when racers are willing to pay for it. Sanctioning bodies have no control over what teams are charged for chassis and components. And I don’t think we want sanctions creating spec parts for teams to use to control costs, that’s a slippery slope to the mess NASCAR is in. /S
    This guy is just straight up funny, "Racers should just spend less money". Hilarious!! Where do you get such great material?! All I can figure is he's selling radials at Walmart's Auto center.
    Last edited by Henry Every; 11-28-2023 at 04:51 PM.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

The sanctioning bodies can't cut costs because their income comes in the form of sponsorships from the very people selling parts/ equipment. Same story with the ones reporting on the sport, they sell advertising to the ones selling parts/ equipment. Those sponsors all get their money from the racer. There is not enough money coming in from outside the sport itself, until that changes, it will continue down the same path.
    A perfect example is Hoosier, the price of a tire includes enough profit to advertise, but why do they even need to advertise when they are the only tire allowed?

I’m not sure about you all, but from where I’m watching I’m seeing some great stock v8,street stock, limited and scdra racing etc….if the supers price themselves out of existence racing will keep on racing.

As for Epj, not a cooler guy in the pits…..I hope he races as long as he wants too and I think he will.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I believe a purge has begun and in the long run will be better for the sport once the big money disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    I believe a purge has begun and in the long run will be better for the sport once the big money disappears.
    I agree. Been saying for a while now, it won't get fixed until it's completely wrecked.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

BBQ, old school race fan I see.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    The sanctioning bodies can't cut costs because their income comes in the form of sponsorships from the very people selling parts/ equipment. Same story with the ones reporting on the sport, they sell advertising to the ones selling parts/ equipment. Those sponsors all get their money from the racer. There is not enough money coming in from outside the sport itself, until that changes, it will continue down the same path.
    A perfect example is Hoosier, the price of a tire includes enough profit to advertise, but why do they even need to advertise when they are the only tire allowed?
    Some of the parts suppliers could be asked to be a part of the solution, instead of causing some of the problems, but that isn't going to happen. There's no reason the suppliers couldn't be forced to make noses they made 15 years ago, for example.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    BBQ, old school race fan I see.
    I’d watch 6 rats race around a barn floor sir…..I like the race aspect itself, not the cars running in it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I’ve been saying for at least 10 years if they were serious about getting cost down in DLR they would get those bodies under control. As the people with the power turned a blind eye to the evolution of the modern day wedge the only thing they wanted to focus on was how the latest greatest tire rule was going to save racers money and save the sport. The big announcement for this season was the unified tire rule. I wonder what they are going to top it with for next year.
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

Some of the parts suppliers could be asked to be a part of the solution, instead of causing some of the problems, but that isn't going to happen. There's no reason the suppliers couldn't be forced to make noses they made 15 years ago, for example.
    The problem…

Those parts suppliers/manufacturers sponsors the series with the power to make the changes.
    Mike

Facebook

It would insure they sold a max amount of products, when the current stuff was deemed illegal. It's why Hoosier told all the tracks when to outlaw the old tires and only allow new style. It sure put the hurt to racers sitting on old stuff.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

It would insure they sold a max amount of products, when the current stuff was deemed illegal. It's why Hoosier told all the tracks when to outlaw the old tires and only allow new style. It sure put the hurt to racers sitting on old stuff.
    They wouldn’t be able to sell them at a premium like the do the max downforce stuff. Not to mention the manufacturer would be stuck with obsolete high dollar inventory if they outlawed the extreme/max downforce stuff.

As for tires compared to nose pieces it’s like comparing apples to oranges. Race teams go through way more tires than nose pieces. Some teams bolt new tires on after every race.

The purple mafia has been bilking racers out of money for years with their rules such as Hoiser only track ect.
    Mike

Facebook

They are stuck with little to no inventory if they are a part of the switch, just as the purple mafia was. Sure, you use more tires than noses, but new bodies happen more and more often anymore. Top teams don't run them very long.

There are already new style noses all the time. They just continue to reduce frontal height instead of increase, as is needed.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

They are stuck with little to no inventory if they are a part of the switch, just as the purple mafia was. Sure, you use more tires than noses, but new bodies happen more and more often anymore. Top teams don't run them very long.

There are already new style noses all the time. They just continue to reduce frontal height instead of increase, as is needed.
    Those new style of noses that happen all the time are the high dollar extreme down force type of pieces that are marketed towards those top teams that are putting on new bodies all the time. They are always looking for a competitive advantage and have the resources to make it happen.

If you outlaw those extreme downforce type of piece sure you’re going to sell a bunch of noses to get everyone compliant, but after that if the rules are truly enforced the sales will fall off. Teams will not be changing bodies as often as they are now.

For the record I’m all for taking away downforce. I was complaining about it 10 years ago when they were allowing it to get out of control. I was using the term modern day wedge years ago.

I just don’t see them making any changes to fix the problem. You can’t deny that the parts manufacturers that sponsor the top series has some influence over the rules that would impact the rules of the parts they manufacture.
    Mike

Facebook