Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I'm waiting for plans from Illinois drivers...

Erb
    BShep
    Shirley

Ricky Thornton knew system before running it! You conspiracy folks and he's the winner guys need to look at both sides. He made money wining and racing but lost point money, nobody fault but his! I hate lucas race day lucas format but you can't blame this on lucas, everyone knew before racing points

Add Dustin Walker. He is coming back for a 2nd year.

2024 confirmed WoO roster:

1. 32 bobby pierce
    2. 19r ryan gustin
    3. 30 todd cooney
    4. 14w dustin walker
    5. 97 cade dillard
    6. 9 nick hoffman
    7. 22 max mclaughlin
    8. 6jr parker martin
    9. 20tc tristan chamberlain
    10. 19 dustin sorenson
    11. ? cody overton

im pleasantly surprised at the guys who resigned and the ROY crop as well!
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

drake troutman said on the Chaz youtube show he wants to run WoO tour, just needs marketing partners.
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Ricky Thornton knew system before running it! You conspiracy folks and he's the winner guys need to look at both sides. He made money wining and racing but lost point money, nobody fault but his! I hate lucas race day lucas format but you can't blame this on lucas, everyone knew before racing points
    They employed a stupid championship format. That is on them. It was announced at PRI. Plans for the season are already somewhat in place. They presented the chance to win the most money. For that reason alone, teams are willing to play their ill-advised game.

It's not a conspiracy. It's just more bad operation. We've come to expect nothing less. The sport has been badly damaged under their watch.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 12-20-2023 at 04:43 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    The only reason to use a system like they did is to manufacture a close finish in the standings to create hype. It's a gimmick, as anyone who watched the races all season knew that Ricky handed their a$$es to them..... that's what every racer sets out to do. This is not like stick and ball sports where you only play one team each week, in this sport you race everyone, every week. This is the equivalent to zeroing out the score of the superbowl at the 2 minute warning and giving the ball to the team that is down 52 to 0. Hudson did exactly what he had to do and I was glad to see him win since it was obvious Ricky wasn't going to, but for Devin to even be in the running was nuts as he wasn't really a factor all year long.
    With all that said, Ricky hinted at the banquet that he would be back next year and although the format seems to be a touch better, I will not feel bad for him again if it ends up the same. Lucas should be ashamed for rewarding good and punishing great.

Add Brian Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Add Brian Shirley
    nice...been kind of quiet in the 3s camp

I am glad most of you do not own businesses... and it shows or you would be bankrupt.

Comparing year-end events... a driver had the opportunity to win $100,000 plus a championship worth $200,000 or $100,000 for fourth with Lucus. For WoO, i can win two nights and get $30,000 at the World Finals plus a championship worth $150,000 or $75,000 for fourth.

The tow money is a wash between the two series.

But add in all the lucrative events Lucas has versus WoO... seriously, you're going to ask which series to run?

RTJ never envisioned a year like 2023... no one could. All of your saying otherwise are saying so with the benefit of knowing the season, how it played out and applying to the year end format.

If Lucas doesn't implement this Chase format, Ricky wins $150K just like the winner did in 2022 and the only thing different is the title. I am sure with the winnings they had in 2023 from Lucas Oil... they are okay with the outcome.

Add this... leading into the World Finals all Pierce had to do was show up and the title was his. The media and buzz leading up to the World Finals was nominal. However, the buzz, attendance and viewership leading up to the Lucas final was off the charts as four drivers had a chance to win. Love it or hate it... everyone was tuned in so for Lucas Oil... mission accomplished!

Quote Originally Posted by FANSFund View Post
    ...I am sure with the winnings they had in 2023 from Lucas Oil... they are okay with the outcome.
    I disagree. They wanted that title "Champion".

i will ignore the rest of your opinion.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

2024 WoO Roster Confirmed:

1. 32 pierce
    2. 19r gustin
    3. 30 cooney
    4. 3s/8 shirley
    5. 9 hoffman
    6. 97 dillard
    7. 14w walker
    8. 22x mclaughlin
    9. 6jr martin
    10. 20tc chamberlain
    11. 19 sorenson
    12. ? overton
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

2024 WoO roster confirmed:

1. 32 pierce
    2. b5 sheppard
    3. 19r gustin
    4. 30 cooney
    5. 3s/8 shirley
    6. 9 hoffman
    7. 97 dillard
    8. 14w walker
    9. 22x mclaughlin
    10. 6jr martin
    11. 20tc chamberlain
    12. 19 sorensen
    13. ? overton
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Add Kyle Bronson

I am glad most of you do not own businesses... and it shows or you would be bankrupt.

Comparing year-end events... a driver had the opportunity to win $100,000 plus a championship worth $200,000 or $100,000 for fourth with Lucus. For WoO, i can win two nights and get $30,000 at the World Finals plus a championship worth $150,000 or $75,000 for fourth.

But add in all the lucrative events Lucas has versus WoO... seriously, you're going to ask which series to run?

RTJ never envisioned a year like 2023... no one could. All of your saying otherwise are saying so with the benefit of knowing the season, how it played out and applying to the year end format.

If Lucas doesn't implement this Chase format, Ricky wins $150K just like the winner did in 2022 and the only thing different is the title. I am sure with the winnings they had in 2023 from Lucas Oil... they are okay with the outcome.

Add this... leading into the World Finals all Pierce had to do was show up and the title was his. The media and buzz leading up to the World Finals was nominal. However, the buzz, attendance and viewership leading up to the Lucas final was off the charts as four drivers had a chance to win. Love it or hate it... everyone was tuned in so for Lucas Oil... mission accomplished!
    Most of the "buzz" was chatter about how absurd the format was.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Very well said.

I'll go ahead and assume you have never competed for anything in your life. These guys work their a$$es off to have seasons like Ricky had. Perhaps nobody saw it coming, but that is ALWAYS the goal(to kick everyones a$$). This gimmick was created to manufacture a close finish for the championship, in other words... to screw a guy that does exactly what Ricky did when that should be the goal and should be rewarded.

What did Pierce win $ wise this year compared to Ricky? Did Ricky come out money ahead over what McCreadie did last year in points payout money?

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zqavx...eb0cirf90&dl=0
    Last edited by blncfn57; 12-27-2023 at 08:41 PM.

The sport has been begging for more money for the sport. Bigger payouts, bigger points fund. Well here it is.

It’s a mockery of the sport. Why not just do 1 lap to determine the SEASON points leader? I guess some people just don’t give a rats azz about bs manufactured excitement. Why not just draw a name out of a hat. Lucas oil sucks. Had no interest in watching any of their races all year because they were basically meaningless and the only one that mattered was DTWC. One race lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    The sport has been begging for more money for the sport. Bigger payouts, bigger points fund. Well here it is.
    The money should also be in line with performance. The season ending points should be reflective of a body of work measured all season. When it comes to that body of work, did Moran's season long performance even compare to RTJ's??
    If money is what brings excitement, then have the top 3 or 4 race a no-bull style format (full field) for one race and pay those drivers the extra money by how they finish against eachother. Don't make the season long points a gimmick, it should be rewarded as a year long achievement.