Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lucas Schedule up

dtwc back at eldora for season ender, east bay the week before

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Macon is already rained out, so it isn't on the schedule.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Running late models at eagle will be interesting. I like seeing the high limit/Lucas show at atomic in October. Larson might pull double that night.

Wow! Shelby County Speedway in Harlan, Iowa. I don't think they have hosted a national touring series since Tiny Lund went to NASCAR. A very racy track. event name: "Kosiski Family 53". looks like once again this legendary family comes through.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

DTWC at Eldora will be awesome if they don't have a lot of supporting classes.

Quote Originally Posted by late model chaser View Post
    I predict terrible weather and the same plowed field they raced on this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Macon is already rained out, so it isn't on the schedule.
    I'm not going to lie that was funny right there but, I did notice it wasn't on the schedule.

that was a very short press release today imo and also very weird imo that they dropped their schedule on same day as High Limit. No details whatsoever in press release on overall points fund or whether there will be another chase format used in 2024. im guessing we will get all that info at PRI after they do face to faces with drivers. im guessing that the chase returns in 2024 but tweaked somehow. i have no idea which drivers would want the chase to return in 2024.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

30% of the schedule will be complete by the time February is done. Speedweeks has already been a grind but then they give them a week off and go right back to GIS, which doesn't seem like a smart play.

Only 2 new tracks has the schedule, and while there is A LOT of big money races like usual, the schedule has gotten dull in my opinion. I know as the purses have gone up it eliminates a lot of tracks from being able to host a national event for any series, there have to be other tracks that want a date. I'd have a portion of the schedule dedicated to rotating to a different track every year. You can still have your cornerstone multi-day weekend events, but give some weekday events to different tracks to target new fans.

Where’s all the big changes that was being thrown around mid season by industry experts?

Tireguy17
    I think Lucas wants to be the big $$ Series. Also they have to stick with the tracks that have stuck with them. I agree on the part of new tracks but: there is only so many dates available and can these tracks put up the $$ and facilities needed?
    Example: Taz was on The teams and us fans alike have a large choices to choose from- so let’s just be thankful for that.
    Plenty of different series to hook up with for local tracks to do something special.
    I’m just trying to stay on the positive side on my outlook. Grateful that we have so much racing to watch either in person or on the tv.
    Can’t wait for speedweeks to start: we will go to all Lucas/WOO races in person starting with GI and ending with GI. But will not make the first 3 WOO January races at Volusia.
    Looking forward to some good racing, fellowship, days on the beach and nights at the tracks. Not to mention all the great seafood & strawberr Shortcakes to consume!

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    30% of the schedule will be complete by the time February is done. Speedweeks has already been a grind but then they give them a week off and go right back to GIS, which doesn't seem like a smart play.

Only 2 new tracks has the schedule, and while there is A LOT of big money races like usual, the schedule has gotten dull in my opinion. I know as the purses have gone up it eliminates a lot of tracks from being able to host a national event for any series, there have to be other tracks that want a date. I'd have a portion of the schedule dedicated to rotating to a different track every year. You can still have your cornerstone multi-day weekend events, but give some weekday events to different tracks to target new fans.
    Completely agree with both comments. I said basically the same thing last year about the Lucas series schedule and all the races in Florida at the same couple of tracks. This is a copy and paste schedule from last year and does nothing to grow the fan base. The Outlaws schedule isn’t much better but I hope both series have some good races throughout the season. I think High Limit will take over control of the Lucas series by this time next year. Tracks are being forced to choose sides between FLO/Lucas/High Limit and WRG/WoO. The result is the schedules will become less diverse and more predictable from year to year.

I think if Lucas is bought by High Limit we could see WOO/Dirtvision be in trouble because what would happen if Eldora decided to make the KINGS ROYAL High Limit? Also how about Eldora saying no more WOO? Also what would happen if we start seeing big time sponsors come in because of Kyle Larson and start paying alot of money to start and win and help tracks out so this could be good but not for WOO.

My question:
    A lot of people are thinking Flo will take over the ownership of Lucas Oil Late Midels- where is this train of thought coming from?
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    My question:
    A lot of people are thinking Flo will take over the ownership of Lucas Oil Late Midels- where is this train of thought coming from?
    Thanks in advance!
    I was told there were some screen shots going around of emails/communication indicating it's been discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    My question:
    Thanks in advance!
    Forrest ain’t getting any younger and the younger generation ain’t into racing nearly as much….
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by late model chaser View Post
    I don't think that was the problem this year.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Forrest is semi-retired now. Morgan is running things. I expect Lucas to continue to move away from motorsports with Morgan at the helm.

One tour stop in TN. None in NC or SC. Only races in GA are at Golden Isles.
    Very sad to see this. Not many races within 2 hours for an East Tennessee fan.
    Last edited by BloomerHarvickFan; 12-06-2023 at 07:52 AM.