Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eldora

FTIowa, thats why I mentioned Knoxville and Part Royal 2 big tracks that run weekly shows, so in other words, let all the small time tracks grow the sport, fund the grass roots level of the sport and let Eldora do nothing and rap the benefits.

How many tracks out there can accommodate the number of fans, camping vehicles, and spectators parking to handle hosting the DTWC?
    Not very many. Can anyone even remotely guess what it cost Eldora to just open the gates for a race? It wouldn’t be feasible to have local/regional racing. At least I don’t think so- but I’m not a genius. The fans and a lot of teams wouldn’t go to Knoxville for the DRWC because of the travel distance.
    Florence could probably handle the DTWC but spectator parking could be an issue?
    I guess the bottom line is: if you don’t like the track/format- then don’t go! It’s just that simple- everyone living in our free country has that choice.
    Enjoy all the racing we “do” have access to- attend the ones you can and like!
    Just my 2 cents worth- Merry Christmas to all.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I have been at the big E since it opened in 1955. Great track, great racing, always had great ownership. What is not to like? Sure the track has some issues from time to time, but so does every track.

A lot of complaining. Of course there is always a lot of complaining on here. LOL
    We can have disagreements on whether Eldora deserves a third crown jewel without it being considered whining LOL.

I see eldora has changed the format to the dream. I'm am not so sure I like the change honestly. I feel like the format takes away from the fans by not seeing the same guys on track all 3 nights. I'm sick of hearing they are doing this or that to cut cost when there are so many simple things that could or can be done to cut cost besides taking cars off of the track.

This is just going to be a huge cluster if one night or the other gets cancelled. At least with the format we have now every driver has points after one night.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 12-06-2023 at 02:01 PM.