Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eldora

Default Eldora

new format for the dream and flo racing night in america on Wednesday to kick off the weekend https://www.eldoraspeedway.com/2023/...dule-released/
    Last edited by Dlmfan123; 12-04-2023 at 04:03 PM.

I can not believe a pit pass is $65 for the Dream and World 100. That is out of sight when the Million was $80.

Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 12-05-2023 at 09:20 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Why not make the flo race Thursday and race the twin feature Friday? No sense in keeping everybody there a extra day.

Was Hoping the Labor Day race for the American Iron Man Series Race would pay $10,000 to win and $1,000 to start. Also seems like the prices to get in have went way up yet the pay has stayed the same for the World 100.

I like the new dream format. Great pay downs and plenty of chance for many drivers to make some money. The World 100 goes up a 1,000 every year. It is a tradition since the beginning. However the pay down for the event increases much more every year.

So on Thursday and Friday of Dream we get half as many races with half as many drivers as we had last year.
    I like Reid boys idea. Flo on Thursday and twin format on Friday.
    Last edited by bullring; 12-05-2023 at 01:58 PM.

so we can now watch 4 nights of mediocre racing instead of 3.
    the track gets used up way before saturday as it was. if I can see that as a fan, why can't someone that actually works the trk?

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    So on Thursday and Friday of Dream we get half as many races with half as many drivers as we had last year.
    Yep......ya think the gate and camping prices will decrease??

Disney Night May 18th???? Come on Tony!!!!

Should be a lot of "rainbow warriors" for that one!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

That way Eldora can pack another race into a 4 day show. Eldora doesn't want to be bothered with opening the track very often. Look at that schedule, notice, no late models all summer. Thats right, other than the first week of June, No late models in June, July or August. The track is rarely open. How do you expect them to get a grip on the racing surface when its rarely open? Port Royal and Knoxville are growing the sport by racing every week and help the sport grow, Eldora is doing the exact opposite. And I know the responses, buy it and run it yourself, and I get that. But when Eldora is your home track and it sits dark most of the year, it sucks, it might be great if you come for the World and Dream, but in all fairness thats all the late model racing this track provides.

play4kps Its sad that they don't run 2 nights a month. I mean I remember getting started in March and running 3 weekends in April and 3 in May and on top of the Dream having 2 other weekends in June and Normally in July they had just the Kings Royal and then 3 weekends in August and 3 weekends in September and then 1 weekend in October. I wonder why they have less cars now than before and no Locals running Late Models.

no profits in weekly racing anymore except for a few tracks nationwide
    Last edited by ftfiowa; 12-07-2023 at 02:16 AM.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

The DTWC is overkill, Too much of a good thing. DTWC should be somewhere else.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Disney Night May 18th???? Come on Tony!!!!Should be a lot of "rainbow warriors" for that one!
    Will they be running a special on Bud Light in the can ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirthawk View Post
    I love Eldora but I agree with this. The only problem is finding a suitable track for the DTWC

This comment isn't aimed at Eldora but the comments about the prices (specifically pit passes/tickets) going up but you don't see the purse going up. Realize inflation has hit hard; I know that insurance for any racetrack has risen, the costs of finding help has gone up significantly, fuel, etc, etc, etc. Racer's themselves have the option to control their costs somewhat (new cars every 10 races, how hard you are on equipment, etc.), but the track themselves cannot control the rise in fixed costs they have seen over the last couple of years....

Workers expect more money. Anything related to the fan from food, drink and more has gone up. Printed tickets to get in the gates have more than doubled, my gun club just purchased tickets from there long time supplier, ridiculous increases. Anything you look at has increased in price. Yes unfortunately the fan has to make up for all of these increases. NOTHING ever goes back to price points we knew.

Racing from a 1/4 kart track to a super speedway has always had cash gate sales and every promotor out there will never reveal what those numbers are. These deals with streaming services and what tracks get is also a top secret.

Quote Originally Posted by dirthawk View Post
    Yes it should. Why should Eldora get this race at all. Other than for profits. No other dirt track can bring in nearly 20,000 fans. They have the only facility that can handle such a volume of cars, haulers, campers, vendors. Where else can so many make so much money? The parking income at Eldora is incredible.

Knoxville could handle the volume but they don't have the LM crowd.

Now that the DTWC is there, I don't see it ever leaving there.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I have been at the big E since it opened in 1955. Great track, great racing, always had great ownership. What is not to like? Sure the track has some issues from time to time, but so does every track.

A lot of complaining. Of course there is always a lot of complaining on here. LOL