Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Speedweeks lodging? Eat Bay & Volusia

Where is the best place to stay? Plan on hitting the end of East Bay and the early part of Volusia?

Tampa bay and then deland
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Brandon Fl. is convenient for East Bay. I stay on Ormond Beach for Volusia. About anywhere for Volusia is a 20-30 min drive. Deland is a great option unless you want to see the ocean.

We stay at Ruskin on the water for East Bay and Daytona Beach for Volusia. 25 miles to the track.
    Water during the day- racing at night.

If you want the beach, Ormond and Daytona are close. Inland, Deland is closest. There is a Courtyard downtown within walking distance of a lot of good restaurants along the main drag and just being out and about during the day. Do stay alert if you venture across the street to 7-Eleven after dark 💉💉💊💊🚨
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

For East Bay, Brandon has several nice places, about 10/15 minutes to track.

Google Brandon motels.
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Be prepared to pay the higher $$ for lodging- they know it’s raceweek!

Plus Volusia is Daytona 500 week - so prices are naturally higher as well.

I did an air BnB for Daytona a few years back for last night of volusia and daytona 500. It was cheaper for 2 days at a very nice condo then one night at crappy motel 6. I think they wanted north of $300 for that. I plan on East Bay this year but am having a hard time finding an actual beach close to the track. May split my stay up there and just not hit the track every night I'm there.

For thee water at East Bay- Little Harbor at Ruskin is asset. Private- gated on the bay! All- condo’s from studios to 4 bedrooms. Marina and 2 nice restaurants: 1 on the harbor inlet-1 on the bay with a pier and outside ticki bar. We left Brandon about 6 ago after we found Little Harbor. Considering moving to Clearwater at that time to be able to spend the daytime on the water- but the traffic coming thru Tampa at that time of day- negated the idea of staying in Clearwater.
    St. Pete is an option - commute would be quite a bit longer taking the bridge into I 75 at Bradenton then North to East Bay.

We are thinking about getting an rv delivered and set up at the track for the week….haven’t firmed that up yet but considering it instead of hauling ours down.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

☝️☝️☝️
    Now thats a smart idea bbq.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

BBQ - Unless you are a regular RV'er, be sure to look into if there is a service that comes around and pumps the tanks and refills with fresh water. Most RV's won't carry enough water for multiple people to make it thru that many days. I would assume a service makes the rounds there.....

BBQ and Tireguy,

Thanks for these tips. My buddies and I have considered doing this someday. Great advice on getting the tanks pumped and refilled.

I have been camping for years at EB and they do come around with water and pumping. We will be back this year...

Last time we camped those guys were great and fairly priced etc….that was a while ago but I figured they still might be around. I’ve never rented the rv set up deal but my buddies did at golden isles and said it worked out great…..I like being at the track versus hotel or condo so we are kicking it around.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    If you want the beach, Ormond and Daytona are close. Inland, Deland is closest. There is a Courtyard downtown within walking distance of a lot of good restaurants along the main drag and just being out and about during the day. Do stay alert if you venture across the street to 7-Eleven after dark 
    Like with an AK-47 in each arm????
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by d-glenn View Post
    I have been camping for years at EB and they do come around with water and pumping. We will be back this year...
    You just keep going! d-glenn, you are a legend!

You get my vote for the cover of 4M Magazine!!!
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 12-07-2023 at 08:01 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

No BJ, you are the legend.

BBQ
    Last year there was a rental camper next to us and if I remember correctly, they said it was $600.00 for the week set up. Come join the fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Like with an AK-47 in each arm????
    Nah.....a .45 will be enough. They were halfway to zombie land by dark 😁
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)