FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

December 6, 2023

Sammy Mars Tabbed as New Driver for Mars Racing; Kicks Off Season in Wild West Shootout

(MENOMONIE, WISCONSIN) Heading into the rapidly approaching 2024 racing season, nineteen-year-old Sammy Mars, of Menomonie, Wisconsin, has officially been tabbed as the new driver for Mars Racing. After getting his feet wet in the yellow Veit & Company, Inc. / Veit Disposal / Deppe Enterprises / T.L. Sinz Plumbing / Keyes Chevytown #28 machine in several events this past season, Sammy will take over the reins full-time starting in January’s annual Wild West Shootout at Vado Speedway Park.

The six-race miniseries for the Super Late Models at Vado Speedway Park will be held from January 6-14. The first five shows will shell out a $10,000 paycheck, while the finale on Sunday, January 14 boasts a hefty $25,000 first place prize. A myriad of bonuses are also up for grabs during the Wild West Shootout including a whopping $300,000 bonus if a driver can win all six features as part of the Penske Racing Shocks Paydirt Jackpot. If you can’t make it to Vado, New Mexico next month, you can watch Sammy in action LIVE on FloRacing. Additional information can be found online by clicking on www.wildwestshootout.net.

“First off, I have to thank Dustin Sorensen for his efforts in our car this past season,” quoted Jimmy Mars, who owns Mars Racing along with his brother Chris Mars. “He is a good kid and best of luck to him in his future endeavors. Obviously, Sammy has been preparing for this opportunity for a while now and I’m excited to go racing full-time with my son. I wanted him to spend a few years racing around home on his own to learn all of the different aspects of running a race team (preparation at the shop, sponsor relationships, building cars, racecar fundamentals, etc.) before offering the ride to him.”

“I think he is ready to move forward and our race team is full steam ahead,” the Dirt Late Model Hall of Famer continued. “We aren’t going to run any series schedule exclusively, but we’ll start off in the Wild West Shootout and then hit a mixture of Lucas Oil, World of Outlaws, XR, Dirt Kings, and WISSOTA races throughout the year. All of our partners are excited about the transition and I can’t thank Veit & Company, Inc., Veit Disposal, Deppe Enterprises, T.L. Sinz Plumbing, Keyes Chevytown, ARMI Contractors, Baileigh Industrial, Mid-States Equipment & Hydraulics, Accurate Construction, Quality Freight Rate, Structural Buildings, Pro Power Racing Engines, and all of our other sponsors enough for their continued and unwavering support!”

Sammy, who started his racing career in Outlaw Karts back in 2010, has been racing Late Models since the 2018 season. He was the 2021 Red Cedar Speedway Track Champion and was the 2021 and 2022 Wisconsin Late Model State Champion as well. As for his 2023 campaign, the second generation driver picked up a WISSOTA Late Model victory back in May at Rice Lake Speedway in Rice Lake, Wisconsin and finished a strong fourth in the final version of the Structural Buildings WISSOTA Late Model Challenge Series point standings.

“I am thrilled for my new role with Mars Racing,” exclaimed Sammy Mars earlier today. “I’ve been a part of the team at the shop for a long time now, but getting the opportunity to wheel my dad’s #28 MB Customs car is definitely a dream come true. A huge thank you has to go out to my dad, my uncle Chris Mars, Jeff Harrsion, A.J. Diemel, and everyone at the shop for putting their trust in me. All of our valued partners that have remained on board through this transition, I can’t thank them enough as well. Vado can’t get here soon enough, I’m ready to get after it!”

Mars Racing will also field a second car with several different drivers in special events throughout the course of the 2024 season.

The Mars Racing team would like to thank all of their marketing partners including: Veit & Company, Inc., Veit Disposal, Deppe Enterprises, T.L. Sinz Plumbing, Keyes Chevytown, ARMI Contractors, Baileigh Industrial, Mid-States Equipment & Hydraulics, Accurate Construction, Quality Freight Rate, Structural Buildings, S&S Transport, MB Customs Race Cars, Pro Power Racing Engines, Joe Provo Racewear, Joe Signs, CMD Shocks, Integra Racing Shocks, Mikesell Insurance Agency, Ghost Energy Drink, Forged in Dirt, Shackleton Tree Service, Shea’s Handyman Service, Allstar Performance, Champ Pans, Delph Communications, Dyer’s Top Rods, Performance Bodies, Quartermaster, Speedwerx, Sweet MFG., Swift Springs, VP Racing Fuels, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Wiles Driveshafts, and Wilwood Engineering.

About Veit & Company, Inc.:
Veit is among the most respected specialty contracting companies in the nation. Our company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for our clients, employees, and community. With more than 700 employees and an unmatched commitment to safety, Veit is on-site and on task at many of the most critical points of a commercial, municipal, or industrial construction projects. Specialty contracting services include earthwork, foundations, demolition, underground utilities, hydraulic dredging, commercial diving, industrial cleaning and more. Veit serves both private and public sector clients, including academic and medical facilities, public recreational centers, commercial and retail development, power, gas, and oil industry, transportation, and the manufacturing industry. Given Veit's diverse workforce, specialized equipment, and problem-solving essentials as well as unsurpassed safety record, Veit ranks as one of the highest value specialty contracting providers in the Midwest. Learn more at www.veitusa.com.

Keep up all year long with the latest news and information concerning the Mars Racing team at www.marsracing28.com. A redesigned website and online store will be launched very soon featuring new driver Sammy Mars!

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com