Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DoD's fast talk about what would improve the sport

Not one of them said anything about the bodies. Fast talk is also brought to you by MD3 and Five Star Race Car Bodies.

Step 1 would be to roll back the body rules about 20 years. Of course probably requires changing the shocks/springs & other technical things for body rule changes to really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    Step 1 would be to roll back the body rules about 20 years. Of course probably requires changing the shocks/springs & other technical things for body rule changes to really matter.
    That's the beauty of it. Body rules are effective on their own. It's really idiot proof. Nothing else has to be done to matter. Downforce matters
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

It was the one thing they really needed to hold the line on, but where they have actually been most derelict in their duties. These cars look nothing like 15 years ago, yet they should look the same, if anyone had any understanding and foresight.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Wait for it. Anyone see Steve Francis ? He was going to get all of this under control. One of his sponsors must have been a politician.

They all talk like politicians and the DoD guys always ask questions that are just softballs thrown as gently as possible. White House press secretaries and used car salesman run the sport.

The people at WRG and Lucas run slm racing. A tech official is nothing more than a title. Wait, unless there taking a tire sample and that only leads to 1 party saying guilty and the other party saying I didn't do it.

Go to DoD and look at the cars in the TBT section at North Ga. in 2001. In my opinion, they are the best looking cars in many years. (I WOULD LEAVE A LINK IF I KNEW HOW) The Ronnie Johnson #20 has beautiful lines.

^^ Here's a link to Gary Stuhler's website to his 2000-2001 picture page. Not many drivers keep stuff this old online anymore.

http://stuhlerondirt.com/photos25.htm
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

It all just makes me laugh, no different than Washington. It reminds me of the lead up to the 2008 crash, warnings everywhere but nobody wanted to be the one to stop the party, so over the cliff we went... The number of teams keeps dropping, costs keep rising, but nobody wants to be the adult. Then they start thinking like nascrap and adopting ridiculous formats all while dodging any meaningful or needed changes and/or enforcement. "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him..." Bill Shakespeare
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    It all just makes me laugh, no different than Washington. It reminds me of the lead up to the 2008 crash, warnings everywhere but nobody wanted to be the one to stop the party, so over the cliff we went... The number of teams keeps dropping, costs keep rising, but nobody wants to be the adult. Then they start thinking like nascrap and adopting ridiculous formats all while dodging any meaningful or needed changes and/or enforcement. "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him..." Bill Shakespeare
    when you have a strong field of cars you can take the heat races and draw names out of a hat for starting position and that’s where they will finish … Houston we have a problem … the pictures of Gary Stuhler’s ride is what a SLM should look like!

"when you have a strong field of cars you can take the heat races and draw names out of a hat for starting position and that’s where they will finish … Houston we have a problem … "

and it didn't used to be that way.

not saying that racers can't and won't still race. but the big travelling series go too many tracks that do not provide a racing surface that a faster car can move forward. especially with the current body (nose) rules.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Lucas, WOO, and the others bigs, control the LM's now and as long as the stands are full and the streaming services are also bringing in big money, then nothing is going to be done.

And the sponcers are plenty also.

Would anyone start a new racing Series with rules that actually did away with most of the aero, body width, bent bodies, including the radical nose pieces, and more?

I don't think so. They don't have any cars to start with. lol
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Klem the track surfaces are a big part of the problem. That has ruined a lot of potentially great racing.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    Alas; Caveat Emptor !

I agree new body rules would be a big help, but enforcing the actual rules already in the book that never get checked would make just as big of a difference. Every rule book out says "no wedge like noses" but no matter if its five star, dominator, or AR bodies every single one of them is the literal definition of "wedge like". I understand it would cost those manufactures money to redesign their product, but its not like any less of them would be sold than it currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Lucas, WOO, and the others bigs, control the LM's now and as long as the stands are full and the streaming services are also bringing in big money, then nothing is going to be done.

And the sponcers are plenty also.

Would anyone start a new racing Series with rules that actually did away with most of the aero, body width, bent bodies, including the radical nose pieces, and more?

I don't think so. They don't have any cars to start with. lol
    If I had money to waste, I'd do it on a local level. I'd pay enough people would show up to run my "ridiculous rules". I'd build large domes that competitors had to attach to their roofs and they would have to remove their spoilers. You would not need new cars built to your rules, but you could affect some change and demonstrate it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    ^^ Here's a link to Gary Stuhler's website to his 2000-2001 picture page. Not many drivers keep stuff this old online anymore.

http://stuhlerondirt.com/photos25.htm
    That nose and roof alone, would be a decent start. Of course they've screwed the whole car up, but it would be a start
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

A change back to the old noses would cost the manufacturer nothing. Five star bodies still lists the old classis noses with flat batwings on the website and in the catalog. MD3 still has the older Gen2 noses available. The ones before they started getting crooked on the car. Teams could literally fix that problem overnight. It will only take someone with a big enough set to say this is what is allowed now and then send some folks home the first week or two and everyone will fall in line.

Get rid of the Hoosier tire monopoly. I don't care how much they pump into the sport for the big guys tire deals, they keep raising prices for an inferior product and the weekly/regional racer has no other option. People are being priced out of the sport by $200 tires that last one night.