Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucas 2024

Default Lucas 2024

Last edited by IL LM Fan; 12-07-2023 at 09:45 PM. Reason: correcting link

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    Just Tweeted, the chase will continue with some changes in 2024

https://twitter.com/FloRacing/status...38516080464108
    They should expand the playoffs to about 50 races and call it a championship.

I have already forgot who won the last race and will be listed as the champion for 2023, but in my mind Ricky Thorton Jr. was the champion.

I'm disgusted.

I still don't like the idea, I can handle this better than a one race shootout on an mx track with cars. This is probably the way it should've been from the get go. Ricky would have still won the title with this format last year.

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    they should expand the playoffs to about 50 races and call it a championship.
    what a novel idea! Lol! But what can one expect when a photographer is in charge of the series?

Mentioning how talked about the final was without mentioning 90% of it was trashing the whole thing is a pretty transparent way of changing the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    what a novel idea! Lol! But what can one expect when a photographer is in charge of the series?
    Along with media personal backing him.

Talk about doubling down on dumb. First they want a chase to prevent someone from dominating all season and running away with the championship, now they want to expand it so his accomplishments would have resulted in a championship. You can't make this stuff up.

Hope all you guys that are so negative on Lucas Oil don’t attend any of the races or subscribe to Flo.
    Wouldn’t that be hypocritical?

I watch the races for the drivers and ... wait for it, THE RACE!! If you're of the belief that the sanctioning body is the show, you're giving them too much credit.

I am not being negative to you guys or positive in Lucas Oil. I appreciate all the dried and am very thankful/appreciative of all series for giving us the sport we live.
    It’s just that so many are going complain about the points format until they die. 2023 is over- a mistake maybe- bit if they went back to the original format- many would still complain about that.
    I think the statement in the above post about Tick being a previous photographer and now the director of Lucas Oil Late Models was a “ low blow.”
    Forest Lucas drove a truck for 20 years before starting Lucas Oil Products.
    Man it’s the Holiday Season: Let’s be thankfull for what we have and be thankful that a certain 4m’er is currently in time out. All the negativity will certainly be back when he returns.
    Merry Christmas to everyone!

^^

Rick -not tick

sometimes it's hard to admit when you made a mistake and should have left things as they were. so add a twist and maybe it won't be so obvious a false champion is getting crowned. again.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Very few complaints, but when total domination doesn't result in a championship.... it's all a gimmick, IMO. lol

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    sometimes it's hard to admit when you made a mistake and should have left things as they were..
    As they say, having too much pride is a mothef*&%er!!!

Dirt late model racing existed long before Lucas Oil was involved. One can be a fan of the sport and the racing and say nothing good about the sanction body.

They were the adults in charge that have overseen the reinvention of the wedge car and all the negatives that come with that. It's like if the wing got bigger on a sprint car every year.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    sometimes it's hard to admit when you made a mistake and should have left things as they were. so add a twist and maybe it won't be so obvious a false champion is getting crowned. again.
    The Sunk Cost Fallacy, the phenomenon whereby a person is reluctant to abandon a strategy or course of action because they have invested heavily in it, even when it is clear that abandonment would be more beneficial.

"I think the statement in the above post about Tick being a previous photographer and now the director of Lucas Oil Late Models was a “ low blow.”

For the world of me, I can't come up with any reason why I care what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    Very few complaints, but when total domination doesn't result in a championship.... it's all a gimmick, IMO. lol
    Heck, it's not even going to result in a second place finish!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    P. T. Barnum of Barnum and Bailey Circus would be proud of this Tom Foolery !