Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Scott Bloomquist - 2024 Schedule....

Scott Bloomquist

2024 Schedule - Races he currently plans on entering. Putting off rotator cuff shoulder surgery.

NOTE - Who ever typed and printed this up got the dates for the Dream & the World 100 mixed up.

Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 12-08-2023 at 06:53 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I dont see that first race happening. Its cold as hell here in feb. More power to them. If weather is clear I'll bundle up and find out what happens.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

I'm gonna guess he hits less than half of those events.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'm gonna guess he hits less than half of those events.

Prolly so. Hes got shoulder for drama if it doesnt work out. I expect him to do good as the mcdowells have that program running well.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Can a rotator cuff heal on its own?
    Rotator cuff tears don't heal on their own without surgery, but many people can improve functionally and decrease pain with nonsurgical treatment by strengthening their shoulder muscles
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Whoever made Scotty's schedule got their wires crossed a bit when it came the Eldora shows.

I was wondering what Sotts plans were for 2024. Quite a schedule he will run. He must have come up with some good sponsors to travel to the various tracks on his schedule. I may just have to go to Wisconsin in early May to catch the WOO race.

36 shows, no way in heck does he makes that many races. 16 lucas compared to 4 for woo. This will be interesting that's for sure.

Someone should start an over/under poll and let's see what 4m comes up with. Set it at 18 (half) events that he shows up for OR makes the feature. I don't know how to start a poll but I know how I'd vote.

Very happy to see. Brownstown Jackson 100 on there. I believe he has won that 5 or6 times. Hopefully he will be competitive this upcoming year. Glad to see he has a full schedule and a plan for return to the sport.
    Scott Kleindorfer

I'm more interested the two news cars he wants to build and what changes they might have.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I'm more interested the two news cars he wants to build and what changes they might have.
    Agreed. He may have been off for a while but there's not way he wasn't keeping a mental record of the changes in chassis.

Every sport needs its villain, and the zero has done a masterful job of making a career oout of being our sports villain. I hope he does well, anybody who says they aren’t happy to see his hauler in the pits is full of it.

Bloomer may not win many races, but he will sure fill the stands up if he shows at your Track !

Just like the XR series this will be all for not.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    Just like the XR series this will be all for not.
    Kinda have the same feeling. Waiting on the first race that goes away and the inevitable should have had the shoulder surgery line.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Can a rotator cuff heal on its own?
    Rotator cuff tears don't heal on their own without surgery, but many people can improve functionally and decrease pain with nonsurgical treatment by strengthening their shoulder muscles
    No. It requires surgery and hurts like hell. You’re in a sling for six weeks pending on range of motion. It took me 8 months before I felt really good.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Agreed. He may have been off for a while but there's not way he wasn't keeping a mental record of the changes in chassis.
    You know it and with the McDowell's input from both Dale and Shane who know what they might come up with.

I blew my shoulder out due to every day work related and repeated stressful motions. I put off surgery for about 5 years, although my pain level was high, I tolerated it. Did repeated steroid shots for a few years. And my range of motion was somewhat limited. My experience with rotator cuff surgery was different, once they got inside. Mine was rotator cuff tears and arthritis scrape. Done right before Covid19 lockdown. Only had a hand full of therapy sessions then everything was locked down. Did the rest of my therapy on my own. Recovery time was short for me. Went back to work after lockdown was over, about 8 weeks, no work limitations. And my range of motion was full, with no pain at all. Shoulder is great to this day. I’d say from my experience and hearing about others experiences, a torn rotator cuff pain differs from person to person, as each of us have different pain toleration levels. As well as range of motion differing.

As Scott is younger than me, and probably in better shape, I’d like to think he will be fine until he has surgery. That is depending how bad it is torn.

I presently have both shoulders with torn rotator cuffs. How lucky can 1 get huh ? Had cortisone shoots in both which helps with pain management. During daily activities the discomfort is tolerable, I have my issues at night while sleeping. It wakes me up usually 2 to 3 times per night. Surgery scheduled back to back. Depending on Scott's pain tolerance and how bad it's torn he should be ok. His biggest struggle will be getting out of the car, no matter what he will have to lift himself out of the seat and use his arms and shoulders. That could be his biggest concern.