3. 96 english

9 hoffman blew rr last lap fell to 9th or so
    1 terbo started dead last & got up to 6th

20 owens,28 carpenter,78 zobrist were the 3 dnf's
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Rtj gonna win the mods too.

5 Drake Troutman wins the mods over 24h, 30.

20rt broke driveshaft running 2nd
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

That mod show was a good one. Both races were entertaining IMO

It's funny how lots of people knock this event yet the stands are full. If you haven't been because people say it isn't good racing, should come once. If you ever come watch, you will be hooked. Even watching on Flo does nothing for the racing or the atmosphere.

The Dome race does appear to be a big event that is getting some great history. I hope to attend the race in 2024. Does anyone know if Bshepp was driving the Longhorn house car or his family owned race car ?

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    It's funny how lots of people knock this event yet the stands are full. If you haven't been because people say it isn't good racing, should come once. If you ever come watch, you will be hooked. Even watching on Flo does nothing for the racing or the atmosphere.
    I went every year until they put it on Flo Racing. Personally, I enjoy it more watching from the comfort of home. I can watch other things during the multiple down times each night.

Also, every year seemed to bring in more of the stupid drunks, which I can do without. The social drinkers are fine.

Overhwelmingly, the crowd is embarrassing. Grown men acting like five year olds because they are on the jumbotron.
    The driver intros are also horrendous. I'm not interested in the sport or the racers being milk toast, but if we want to exacerbate every negative dirt racing stereotype just keep doing this the same way.

With that said, it was a record crowd so nothing will change.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    Overhwelmingly, the crowd is embarrassing. Grown men acting like five year olds because they are on the jumbotron.
    The driver intros are also horrendous. I'm not interested in the sport or the racers being milk toast, but if we want to exacerbate every negative dirt racing stereotype just keep doing this the same way.

With that said, it was a record crowd so nothing will change.
    Some are attracted to WWE type entertainment. Bowman Gray is always packed too. Not my cup of tea either.

Last SLM race I went to, less than 30 minute drive, watched 2nd place car follow leader for 49.7 laps then "move him" for the win. Not my style of racing. Never been back. Plus fact, if get pit pass, best not get closer than 15 feet from any car or risk getting stomped for spying. Just not an enjoyable/welcoming environment.

And stay off my lawn!!!

Again this race just proves it's not for everyone but, you can't deny others do like it and as long as people keep going this race will keep happening. I mean is this Eldora NO but, at times just like Eldora it can produce some good racing. I mean lets face Eldora isn't always great racing either but, there are times when it is. I wonder if they have less cars in the heat races and just add a few more heats if the racing would be better and have less cautions to speed the program up. With all the cautions it does take some steam out of the excitement but, over all it wasn't to bad. I will be watching again next year. Like I said in previous post for me it's an event. I really thought the mods put on the better show over all.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Some are attracted to WWE type entertainment. Bowman Gray is always packed too. Not my cup of tea either. ...!
    i had the exact same thoughts again this weekend. have wondered about the attraction of this event since the beginning. i guess i just have to shrug my shoulders and be amazed at what the promoter has pulled off.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

I'll gladly watch this over 90% of the garbage races the touring series' put on these days. When we see 5 laps of excitement at a Lucas race, it's a candidate for race of the year. Even if I didn't like it, I could ignore it once a year.

B Shep was in the Longhorn house car
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

I'd love to see some of the still shots that those photographers were getting in turn 3. I'm talkin bout all 4 wheels off the ground shots.
    8/13/16

How much money was payed for first place in the Saturday SLM feature ?

$30000 to win lm A
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

30 thousand sure is a good reason the Dome race is such a big event . Now I see why the car count was so very good.

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    B Shep was in the Longhorn house car
    Correct the Longhorn house car with a Cornett powerplant

"It's funny how lots of people knock this event yet the stands are full. "

The only other thing for those rednecks to do, other than going to the race, is to stay home and try to get the drawers off their sister!

From the videos I saw it looked as if there was not one empty seat .