Default Tim McCreadie 2024

This is just a test wrap for Golden Isles. Their FB post says they're still looking for marketing sponsors.

Testing wraps are a thing now because race teams have to spend as much money as humanly possible or they’re not trying hard enough.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

is this going to be a whole new team?

LOL -- Josh BaykoTesting wraps are a thing now because race teams have to spend as much money as humanly possible or they’re not trying hard enough.--

Bayko, spot on.

First thing I thought of when I started seeing these "testing wraps"

Continue to complain about the costs of racing but will install a wrap just to test. Unreal.

^^ ^^ ^^ 100%

The series' and teams will complain about cost rising cost, then do this dumb (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). I'm okay with pre and post season testing, I wish they would ban in season testing if you are a touring team. That would be one way to cut cost.

Where were these photos taken?

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Where were these photos taken?
    Golden Isles

Blah,blah,blah. When will they do something to control costs, blah, blah, blah. Same page, new year. I'm going to get costs under control, Steve francis pitch to worm his way into a 100k job.

The talk of trying to reduce cost is just that talk. Now we have to see who can survive out there running up and down the road and who can't.

Gonna be back to a pickup truck this year?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

This is more monkey see, monkey do NASCAR stuff. I remember for the longest, when Cup Teams would do pre-season testing at Daytona, they'd be bare bones, primer colored cars with the number on the side, probably just a decal from the season before.
    Then you started seeing sponsor logos popping up, then more attention to what the car looked like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Gonna be back to a pickup truck this year?
    For me I think that's the takeaway from this thread, hasn't McCreadie always been one of the most outspoken critics of how much money teams spend to be competitive? Maybe TMac should check the mirror and be thankful for what he's being provided with instead of taking every opportunity to whine about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan25 View Post
    For me I think that's the takeaway from this thread, hasn't McCreadie always been one of the most outspoken critics of how much money teams spend to be competitive? Maybe TMac should check the mirror and be thankful for what he's being provided with instead of taking every opportunity to whine about it.
    I don't remember hearing t Mac winning about much of anything besides his performance lately. And I can't ever recall paylor motorsports complain about the cost of anything. The team is looking for sponsors the wrap is essentially an advertisement. With the social media exposure of today's world it makes sense. Theirs no track time that won't lead to media exposure for a guy like tmac. The decal guy probably did that for free considering he'll probably sell them 20 full wraps this year