Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US steel

Default US steel

thanks to over inflated union pay and benefits , we have lost another great US company to japan.....what say you kid and SS ??????

SS should be happy as this will help ease our "workforce" problem a bit.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Sadly the product will probably get better.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    thanks to over inflated union pay and benefits , we have lost another great US company to japan.....what say you kid and SS ??????
    So sorry to hear this is happening But, the new owners have said they plan to keep all collective bargain agreements and looks forward to having a relationship with them. So that means keeping the wages and benefits. So maybe the wages and benefits are not the problem but, it easier to blame the union I get that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Sadly the product will probably get better.
    Yes it's going to get better because they are going to modernized the plant.

Modernizing normally means minimizing the actual human interaction to produce the product……but you know that already coming from the communication biz.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    So sorry to hear this is happening But, the new owners have said they plan to keep all collective bargain agreements and looks forward to having a relationship with them. So that means keeping the wages and benefits. So maybe the wages and benefits are not the problem but, it easier to blame the union I get that. lol
    It’s easier just to be naive, I get that…..lol

BBQ did you know that Japan has 10 million union members. time will tell if they will keep that promise but, I'm not to naive to say they will keep that promise but, it's not like they don't have union members and I'm just relaying what the company said.

Yes sometimes that means some will lose their job but, that's just progress and what we learned you can't stop progress.

I remember going from analog to digital to voip.

Yes sometimes that means some will lose their job but, that's just progress and what we learned you can't stop progress.
    Really? Most of the supposed "progress" going on these days is actually regression.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Really? Most of the supposed "progress" going on these days is actually regression.
    And that's your opinion but, not everyone thinks like you.

This doesn't have anything to do with steal but, I found it interesting America leads the world in oil production.

And that's your opinion but, not everyone thinks like you.
    Just those with the least lick of sense and the majority do, that's all. Sorry, get a clue!!!

Born: Loserville, Illinois!!!! ahhahahahahhaahahaha hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa

Just a stones throw from Idiotsville!!!!

Still residing there I presume?

And then there is you lmao.............................................. .....

Well, the current administration sure does seem to be slowing it waaaay down……so there’s that.

collective bargaining can happen with out union involvement , it happens at honda US all the time , but if you think Nicon will tolerate some of the ridiculous union request US steel has . well . I have some swamp land in Arizona for sell cheap....lol....

You have me curious to some of these Union request. Do you have first hand knowledge? I'm always curious has what different unions ask for or have under their contract.

Here we are many years later . . . still experiencing Ross Perot's "Giant Sucking Sound"!

[QUOTE=kidrock;2475760]You have me curious to some of these Union request. Do you have first hand knowledge? I'm always curious has what different unions ask for or have under their contract.[/QU no first hand knowledge , except my uncle . who worked in a quarry 30 years and was the union steward for years , in this case , his company , georgia marble , was bought out by another company , ECC , they were told if the union stayed out , the georgia marble transfers would get the same benefits as there none union workers , which was better all the way around , he was older and on the verge of retiring and had already had his fill of the union because it had changed so much , the younger employees could not see this and voted the union in any way , he retired with half the salary under union agreement than he would have with the company non union plan , needless to say , after being a union man nearly his whole working life , he has no use for it now , as a lot of folks are waking up to see now , as I have said on here many times , there was a time and place where a union was needed but the whole union philosophy has changed and IMO its no longer relevant , also the honda workers in lincoln alabama , a non union company , can retire at 20 years and and has more benefits than any union job in these parts that I no of , except maybe the protection a lazy , sorry worker gets...I do think those rail road workers needed help and the union did help them , which is the way it use to be....