Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US steel

So you really don't know if there are ridiculous demands in the contract. I thought you had first hand knowledge so, are just saying it to be saying it because you don't like unions? Yes some union retirement is not all that great but, I was fortunately in a good union.

I get a local union pension and a national union pension. I just received a letter from my local union that said I could sign a waiver to go back working in the phone business and I would not have to stop my pension because there is a shortage of workers. Now this would be a temporary waiver for one year. It sounds like I can't work any overtime by what I'm reading but, I would need to clarify that.

Question

[QUOTE=fastford;2475781]
    Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    You have me curious to some of these Union request. Do you have first hand knowledge? I'm always curious has what different unions ask for or have under their contract.[/QU no first hand knowledge , except my uncle . who worked in a quarry 30 years and was the union steward for years , in this case , his company , georgia marble , was bought out by another company , ECC , they were told if the union stayed out , the georgia marble transfers would get the same benefits as there none union workers , which was better all the way around , he was older and on the verge of retiring and had already had his fill of the union because it had changed so much , the younger employees could not see this and voted the union in any way , he retired with half the salary under union agreement than he would have with the company non union plan , needless to say , after being a union man nearly his whole working life , he has no use for it now , as a lot of folks are waking up to see now , as I have said on here many times , there was a time and place where a union was needed but the whole union philosophy has changed and IMO its no longer relevant , also the honda workers in lincoln alabama , a non union company , can retire at 20 years and and has more benefits than any union job in these parts that I no of , except maybe the protection a lazy , sorry worker gets...I do think those rail road workers needed help and the union did help them , which is the way it use to be....
    This sounds as if many are the people that have been BAMBOOZELED by the antics of UNION strife?

So you really don't know if there are ridiculous demands in the contract. I thought you had first hand knowledge so, are just saying it to be saying it because you don't like unions? Yes some union retirement is not all that great but, I was fortunately in a good union.

I get a local union pension and a national union pension. I just received a letter from my local union that said I could sign a waiver to go back working in the phone business and I would not have to stop my pension because there is a shortage of workers. Now this would be a temporary waiver for one year. It sounds like I can't work any overtime by what I'm reading but, I would need to clarify that.
    You need a good "pinchin"!!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Question

So you really don't know if there are ridiculous demands in the contract. I thought you had first hand knowledge so, are just saying it to be saying it because you don't like unions? Yes some union retirement is not all that great but, I was fortunately in a good union. I get a local union pension and a national union pension. I just received a letter from my local union that said I could sign a waiver to go back working in the phone business and I would not have to stop my pension because there is a shortage of workers. Now this would be a temporary waiver for one year. It sounds like I can't work any overtime by what I'm reading but, I would need to clarify that.
    My elderly neighbor once told me that he would go on relief and be a reliefer before he would join a union ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    My elderly neighbor once told me that he would go on relief and be a reliefer before he would join a union ?

The company ask me if I would join a union and I asked what benefit would I have joining a union and after they told me. I then asked what does it cost a month and after that I said where do I sign up. I started out in the warehouse and that was a nonunion job. They approached me with a open position as a Technician which meant I would have to join the union but, like I said after they told me the money I would make and the benefits, which included 2 union pension a retirement package from the company I said heck yes. I don't remember the amount of raise I got right of the start or how much I was making but, it way more than what I was making working in the warehouse and after 27 years the company and union treated me pretty good. They both made sure I got to my retirement date but, it's not for everyone but, it sure was for my family.

By the way Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    You need a good "pinchin"!!!!
    Oh be nice. It's Christmas time. Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Most people beleive that unions suck. Polls confirm this!!!

[QUOTE=Raceready;2475800]
    Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    This sounds as if many are the people that have been BAMBOOZELED by the antics of UNION strife?
    He does normally paint himself right back into the corner like that when talking about unions…….I heard great news today a bout a union shop that represents some of the anheiser Busch employees suggesting they go on strike.

So if I’m hearing this correct , lazy workers will go on strike and receive crappy strike pay AND they won’t be able to brew bud or bud light anymore while on strike.

Win. Win,win,win,win,win.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The company ask me if I would join a union and I asked what benefit would I have joining a union and after they told me. I then asked what does it cost a month and after that I said where do I sign up. I started out in the warehouse and that was a nonunion job. They approached me with a open position as a Technician which meant I would have to join the union but, like I said after they told me the money I would make and the benefits, which included 2 union pension a retirement package from the company I said heck yes. I don't remember the amount of raise I got right of the start or how much I was making but, it way more than what I was making working in the warehouse and after 27 years the company and union treated me pretty good. They both made sure I got to my retirement date but, it's not for everyone but, it sure was for my family.

By the way Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    And telecommunications are 30/40% more expensive than they should be because of it……but I’m happy for you that you put yourself in a spot to do the work, sounds like you were the exception versus the rule there.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    anheiser Busch employees suggesting they go on strike.
    Maybe they can be “Woke” Union strike employees.

The way bud light quit selling all of a sudden woke their azzes up alright……great that all these people woke up, but they are late to the party. It’s what you do after you wake up every day that matters imo.

The beer is swill,won’t hurt my feelings at all to see the cold box full of better beer at the 7/11 when they go on strike.

BBQ, I think kidcrock needs to give us some of our money back that his union stole from us.

I bet that tightwad still has his first penny. That money grubin' union dude should be ashamed!!!

BBQ, I think kidcrock needs to give us some of our money back that his union stole from us.

I bet that tightwad still has his first penny. That money grubin' union dude should be ashamed!!!
    The union didn't steal anything from but, yes hold your hand out and I will crap in it lmao....................

I'll have a flamethrower in the other hand!!!

I'll have a flamethrower in the other hand!!!
    I'm not worried you wouldn't even know how to use it lol.........................

I,m not saying it just to be saying it , I have never been part of a union so there is no way I could have first hand knowledge , how ever , just from my personal observations over the years , which includes every thing from every day expensive every one has to endure , to what many friends and family say that has been involved with unions over the years and like me , no longer see there relevance . one thing that does come to mind beside the US steel debacle is the union built electric vehicle's , china is bringing one out this spring that is suppose to be way less expensive than we can even build one for , which no one is buying ours anyway but if there way more affordable they might start ......BTW I am glad your deal turned out to your benefit , however I also feel you are in a dwindling sector when considering the entire union base ....JMO.....

Please, please let me have that union job putting a washer and nut on a bolt for $75 hour in pay and benefits. I'm dumber than a rock but want to make them big bucks just like a brain surgeon!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Please, please let me have that union job putting a washer and nut on a bolt for $75 hour in pay and benefits. I'm dumber than a rock but want to make them big bucks just like a brain surgeon!
    If'n you do get that there kind of job, you will be able to pay $300.00 for an $8.00 shovel like the union company would do with the private sleazy deals that they have going on with crooked suppliers ! !

I'm not worried you wouldn't even know how to use it lol.........................
    Just point and press buddy, just point and press!!!!

Move over union, $20 an hour minumum wage now in Commiefornia...

So will they have to give McDonalds managers a raise now too??? Or just automate the whole operation? Those AI robots are getting pretty smart... Too smart.

They better think twice about giving AI too much physical mobility.