Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nascar being sued

Nascar is being sued for violating a federal video privacy protection act. It is a class action lawsuit. NASCAR unlawfully shared viewing information from their website to using their subscribers to Facebook using META PLATFORMS INC TRACKING TOOLS. According to the lawsuit NASCAR failed to notify their subscribers about this transaction with their personal info. The lawsuit in Federal Court is a class action and they are suing for $100,000,000,000. Thats $100 BILLION Dollars. This is what Bloomberg has reported as of 12-24-23.

Good. Maybe some of the other info stealing groups will take heed.

Those numbers are ridiculous. Does it mention who filed the lawsuit ? Nobody, no corporation could possibly stay viable if they would lose. This is very bad for the sport, only opens up others to persue ridiculous lawsuits.

Bloomberg doing his best impression of Dr Evil from the way it sounds

Looks more like a warning to other companies to quit using their services unlawfully. No chance this will go to trial IMHO.

It's Karma for the way they ruined the product of real racing as we once knew it ?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    "Karma"? I don't think that'll hold up in court. Nascrap would go belly up...
    I thunk that they were going belly on up when they started to remove thousands of seats from the tracks ? ?

Just because they’re suing for $100 Billion dollars doesn’t mean they’d get that much even if a judge rules in their favor. Rule of thumb is you always ask for more than you actually want as a judge will never give you a cent more than what you ask for unless you’re seeking punitive damages.

That being said, I still think this is a crazy number and that it will never make it to court.

Crap! I was hoping they were being sued for becoming so lousy in the entertainment department!

A 100 billion!!! I thought only our government could do that.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

"Violate the average persons rights, sue for millions, keep it all to yourself." American Lawyers

Personally, I would like to see the Frances's squirm a little!

Perhaps the 23 could bolster their support!

I worked for NASCAR from 98-06. The first several years as an independent contractor, then as an actual part-time employee for being a tech inspector and race official. I remember my boss telling me back then that they had about 95 lawyers on staff.

At times they could be very careful. I would get an entry blank for the upcoming race mailed to me sometimes a couple weeks before an event. We were always told to study the entry blank and never ever do anything or say anything which would stray from what was put forth in that document. It was a legal document as far as they were concerned and the only wiggle language inserted was the EIRI clause (Except In Rare Instances). Same was true for knowing the rule book as it applied to your series. Never guess, never go on a limb, always check to be sure and never say the wrong thing.

Then through the years I would always read about some stupid thing they would get tripped up on and wonder, how? How could such an over-lawyered seemingly careful organization get caught up in something so stupid? Way back in the day before they started all the diversity stuff they were a target for Jesse Jackson's shakedown machine, like many other big businesses in the country were. I guess this is another type of shakedown. I can't say I feel too sorry for them anymore. They are now run by a bunch of woke millenials who've turned their backs on the fans who got them to where they are.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Spot on Morgs!

I was born in Daytona because my dad was a member of Ray Fox's Cup team. I was at all the tracks traveling with my mom and dad. Even after we moved, we were still huge Nascar fans and always went to DIR for Speedweeks. But after they changed the points format and then all the woke non-sense, I stepped away. I havent watched a race in several years. They literally crapped on us older original fans and I refuse to support them any more.

We were always huge dirt fans so that has def filled all our needs for racing!

I still watch Nascar from time to time. They've actually have had some good racing the last couple of years. I like all three series.

I’m lucky to live near Darlington…..that’s about the only race I will go watch live anymore, it’s so cool even nascar can’t fack it up too bad.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Personally, I would like to see the Frances's squirm a little!

Perhaps the 23 could bolster their support!
    I wish they would sell out and go away.

A playoff system is not for the sport of racing. This is more of scheme to make more money off of the sport, but ruined a good thing, they already had. Younger fans will go along and that is where they are targeting for fans.

Yep, we helped build the brand and sport and they kicked us to the curb!

I guess Bill Jr didnt have any smart kids that lived!

I watch Nascar along with DLM and Sprints of all kinds. Happy to have all these racing series to watch.

I liked old Nascar and now I am content with changes the sport made. Nascar has to compete with the NFL the last three months, that is not easy to do. Doing things they way the did before 2000 would result in a lot less interest IMO.