Default XR $100k to win shows

First the mod race, then the stock cars, now the 604's at GIS next December. This guy is raking in the entry fees, who thinks these events will actually happen and pay full purse? The XR super series was a great wake up call to the other series and infusion of $ at first but last year screamed desperation with all of the schedule changes, purse reductions, etc. This only perpetuates the direction they are going in. I really want to like them but the worst part is the guy seems to have a constant chip on his shoulder and its all about him and how great he is for our sport. I am not buying it anymore.

Barry has seen the future. Why have a $100,000 to win late model race and only 28 cars show up (Kokomo)? The Yankee Dirt Classic is a historic race, adding a $100,000 to win stock car race is good business. He already banked half the purse from the 300 entry fees. The back gate will pay most of the rest. The streaming revenues will also help. There are drivers entered from Alaska, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, Tennessee, Wyoming and Arkansas. The Modified race is very similar. Just good business sense for a promoter willing to take a big money gamble.

The races will probably be cancelled or the purse reduced to like 10k. The XRDL is in full swing.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

if there was ever a class to make it work, it would be the stock cars in iowa. one week before the supernationals at boone. that class had 265 pre-entries last year and the purse is peanuts compared to what they have posted for the Yankee.

still skeptical about XR and how they have ran their business based on the streaming subscription i had before they entered the promoting arena.

but this is the one event that if purses were to be cut, they would ruin themselves in this area.

JMO
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

No risk to the track promoters. They are paid a flat rate for the use of the track!

Barry has let the cat outa the bag for these other streaming services!

I know there can be some skepticism about these events, but the fact that the pre-entries are selling out show the instant support every event has. I live about 3 hours from Mississippi Thunder Speedway and have 8 of the roughly 175 camp spots that have already been sold for the Modified event. This is a good thing to see grass roots classes getting a shot to race for this kind of money. I honestly hope a regular driver cashes in rather than a ringer, but the ringers being there will make the events that more entertaining. I never thought I’d get to see Jimmy Owens race a modified again and countless others so close to home. Should be fun!